• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daniel Day Lewis may have become a dressmaker.

Mivey

Could his retirement statement just be a PR gag to make people want to see his "last" movie? Because this is sounding inane.

dl77

I'm thinking next he'll be a soldier then a sailor. Possibly after that a rich man, then a poor man followed by a beggar man and thief.

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought a tinker made shoes for some reason!

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
I remember reading in an Irish magazine around the time Lincoln came out that in the time between Gangs Of New York and There Will Be Blood, he spent most of time doing carpentry to the extent that one of his youngest son told his teacher that his dad was a carpenter.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The real question that no one has asked is when do we get the Daniel Day Lewis clothing line designed and fabricated entirely by DDL himself?

kswiston

Could his retirement statement just be a PR gag to make people want to see his "last" movie? Because this is sounding inane.

I would be very surprised if this is an actual Gene Hackman style retirement. Something will strike his fancy 5-10 years from now. DDL is getting older, but he's not THAT old. He hasn't even taken a shot at those old man roles yet.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I like DDL but this whole thing is the most luvvie load of nonsense. I will eat my own head if he never plays another role.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Thanks a lot Paul. You just couldn't help but make a movie with DDL acting in some obscure, nigh antiquated, yet still somehow real profession he might lose himself in. You knew about the cobbling. You fucking knew about the cobbling. And you just had to do it. I hope you're happy.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone so if he wants to go be a fashion designer that's great. I bet he's really good at it too.

I think he'll do one more film though. Something will get him.

cr0w

Old Member
I truly wish I had enough money to simply retire and take on a profession that I found interesting and fulfilling for the rest of my days. It would be so rewarding.

ghostjoke

Banned
I always wondered if there would be a role he wouldn't come back from. Probably best it's this and not Daniel Plainview. Lincoln in modern day would have been interesting though.

dl77

I think he'll do one more film though. Something will get him.

I'd be happy if he just popped every X years just to work alongside PT Anderson.

Slightly OT but as a 40 year old it's depressing that by the time he was 37 he'd made Boogie Nights, Magnolia and There Will be Blood.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I truly wish I had enough money to simply retire and take on a profession that I found interesting and fulfilling for the rest of my days. It would be so rewarding.
Get back to that desk!

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Everybody knows it's just some method acting stuff. Maybe he makes a movie about Lagerfeld or someone else. If actors announce weird shit they are just acting like it. Remember the Gladiator actor that went to become a rapper?

Szu

tumblr_mjd2pixaVN1qh7is7o1_500.gif

Top Bottom