• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Mmm I dont think so, the added npcs and extra content is only for the SotfS, DSII only will get fixes.
Existing DS2 owners get everything except the graphical updates, enemy updates, 6-man multiplayer. New NPC, item descriptions, patch tweaks etc, etc included in patch. Basically "next gen"-only stuff is what you're paying for, everything else is free.

NEO0MJ

Existing DS2 owners get everything except the graphical updates, enemy updates, 6-man multiplayer. New NPC, item descriptions, patch tweaks etc, etc included in patch. Basically "next gen"-only stuff is what you're paying for, everything else is free.

Did they mention how much the upgrade will cost?

SoldnerKei

nice, will they add something to tie de dlc story with the main story?? that's what I am more curious about... so, what do we get? since I don't own a ps4 as of now, I would like to know what stuff will be available on the ps3 version

Did they mention how much the upgrade will cost?
I haven't been following it that closely, but the game is listed on Amazon. The patch is free, and the stand along game (DS2 + DLC + new stuff in patch, and next gen only stuff for PS4/Xbone/PC DX11) is a regular priced game.

nice, will they add something to tie de dlc story with the main story?? that's what I am more curious about... so, what do we get? since I don't own a ps4 as of now, I would like to know what stuff will be available on the ps3 version
There's a translation of a famitsu interview here, not 100% if there's been more info since. Personally I wouldn't expect too much - A new NPC, some tweaks to item descriptions to explain stuff a bit more clearly, example
confirmation that Last Giant is the Giant Lord
. I'm not expecting a whole lot more. Still haven't seen proof that there is more than this one new NPC even (though as I say, haven't been following the info very closely).

For the few info I saw new enemies in vanilla areas like drakes in Heides, an extra zone with a new enemy (wooded Nito) and more lore centric npcs.

As far as I know, the DLC will come included in the PS4, XBox One and DX11 PC versions, but existing PS3/360/PC DX9 users would still have to buy the DLC even after the new content is added.

The Lost crown DLC is incluyed on the Edition yes, but the SotfS will have unique content even PC owners who have DSII with all the DLC have to re buy DSII:SoftS to access it and the character transfer is still not confirmed.

sublimit

Banned
Two questions guys because i'm stupid and all this sounds a bit confusing to me.

I have the PS3 version of DSII but i don't have the DLC.I also have a PS4 and i'm thinking about buying the remaster edition.So:

1)Will the DLC be included in the PS4 version for free (meaning we'll be getting it for the game's price)?
2)Also i assume my save from the PS3 version will not be transferable to the PS4 version right?

zkylon

zkylewd
Two questions guys because i'm stupid and all this sounds a bit confusing to me.

I have the PS3 version of DSII but i don't have the DLC.I also have a PS4 and i'm thinking about buying the remaster edition.So:

1)Will the DLC be included in the PS4 version for free (meaning we'll be getting it for the game's price)?
2)Also i assume my save from the PS3 version will not be transferable to the PS4 version right?

90% sure
1) yes, it'll be like a goty edition with all the dlc already, including the dlc that launches with the new edition
2) no save transfers

1.- Yes, the three chapters of The Lost Crowns DLC is in the edition.

2.- Still not confirmed.

Tarkus

Any tips for the Belfry Gargoyles? I can almost kill 2 of them but by that time, there are at least 4 on me. Maybe I'm too underleveled. I'm SL55-ish and dual wielding Drangleic Sword +1 and Fire Longsword +8, AR of ~300 in both. Goddamn all these gank bosses.

Also, any lag problems allowing cross-region play?

Any tips for the Belfry Gargoyles? I can almost kill 2 of them but by that time, there are at least 4 on me. Maybe I'm too underleveled. I'm SL55-ish and dual wielding Drangleic Sword +1 and Fire Longsword +8, AR of ~300 in both. Goddamn all these gank bosses.

Concentrate on only one at a time. Ideally you don't want more than 2 active at any one time, so you're finishing off one just as the next is about to spawn.

Run around a lot. I found kiting them from one end of the roof to the other worked well. Be patient too. Just take your time and try and concentrate your damage on one gargoyle at a time. It's a lot easier if you have some sort of ranged attack, like a pyromancy.

For the Gargoyles having a fast weapon helps a lot. Also feel free to backpedal and shoot them with a bow if you want a super easy victory.

Cross-region play is basically a Japan On/Off switch. If you're in Japan it'll keep the rest of the world out, if you're anywhere else it'll keep Japan out. This might actually be different across all the versions of the game on various platforms but I'm not certain.

How's your roll look? Maybe you should replace a weapon with a shield.

ezodagrom

The Lost crown DLC is incluyed on the Edition yes, but the SotfS will have unique content even PC owners who have DSII with all the DLC have to re buy DSII:SoftS to access it and the character transfer is still not confirmed.
When it comes to the PC version, I'm just hoping they do what Deep Silver did with the Metro Redux games, users who had the original Metro games in their library got a discount for the Redux games.

Tarkus

How's your roll look? Maybe you should replace a weapon with a shield.
Equip load is about 64% and agility is 90. My roll seems pretty fast.
I'll try to play more defensive and use a shield in the left hand and maybe switch to Fire Longsword +8 as the main weapon since it seems to be out damaging the Drangleic and uses less stamina per swing. I figured the game was trying to tell me to come back later since I keep getting my ass handed to me.

I'll try to play more defensive and use a shield in the left hand and maybe switch to Fire Longsword +8 as the main weapon since it seems to be out damaging the Drangleic and uses less stamina per swing. I figured the game was trying to tell me to come back later since I keep getting my ass handed to me.

Use the large leather shield. You should have it at that point in the game.

Laming it out was how I managed to win on New Game.

New gargoyles spawn when you've done a set amount of damage to the life bar, so if you only damage one it should be basically dead before the third spawns. If you hit them all a little, you'll get all at once.

Tarkus

Until that point is achieved trying to use two different weapons at once barring a few types will be a detriment instead of a benefit.
After the gargoyles, I immediately went back to dual wielding. I love having two movesets at my disposal. I defeated Lost Sinner this way.

Finishing Huntsman's is next. The foggy place at Shaded Woods looks to be difficult for me right now with all the ominous messages on the ground.

I wish Large Shards were as easy to get as chunks. Does anyone sell them?

Mistel

Banned
After the gargoyles, I immediately went back to dual wielding. I love having two movesets at my disposal. I defeated Lost Sinner this way.

I wish Large Shards were as easy to get as chunks. Does anyone sell them?
Greatswords and straightswords are one of the combinations that work well together. Same is true for two greatswords together mainly a bastard or a claymore coupled with a drangelic or if you've got one a majestic greatsword in your left hand.

Large shards are sold by Chloanne (blonde lady with cleavage if you've not met her) after defeating a boss later on in the game or McDuff after giving him an item you pick up later.

Jawmuncher

Any tips on where I should be at this point agaisn't The Rotten.
Haven't had much trouble until this point. The NPCs both of them die off pretty quick and my melee is far too weak to effectively be of use in this fight.

I've been going through with absolutely no reinforced weapons though this entire time.
Is there one in particular I should use at this point?

28 Strength
16 Dexterity

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Haven't had much trouble until this point. The NPCs both of them die off pretty quick and my melee is far too weak to effectively be of use in this fight.
You'll do more damage solo, and the Rotten is not that aggressive that you'd need an NPC to distract its AI to heal or whatever. Just go solo.

I've been going through with absolutely no reinforced weapons though this entire time.
I hope you mean infusions, because if you have been using a +0 weapon all this time... er... damn. Upgrade that shit asap. You probably don't need a special infusion unless you have high faith or int.

Jawmuncher

You'll do more damage solo, and the Rotten is not that aggressive that you'd need an NPC to distract its AI to heal or whatever. Just go solo.

I hope you mean infusions, because if you have been using a +0 weapon all this time... er... damn. Upgrade that shit asap. You probably don't need a special infusion unless you have high faith or int.

I haven't done either with weapons. Guess I need to decide what to +

Is there one in particular I should use at this point?

28 Strength
16 Dexterity

That all depends on your play style. How do you approach enemies with a +0 weapon?

Jawmuncher

That all depends on your play style. How do you approach enemies with a +0 weapon?

Shield or Roll depending on how hard they hit.
I ended up +ing it though. I wasn't striving for a particular playthrough or anything since it's my first time through the game. My Bandit Axe to +4 made all the difference though. I should be good for awhile with just this.

Shield or Roll depending on how hard they hit.
I ended up +ing it though. I wasn't striving for a particular playthrough or anything since it's my first time through the game. My Bandit Axe to +4 made all the difference though. I should be good for awhile with just this.

Against the rotten, you should definitely be rolling and be light enough to get a good roll.

I don't think your shield is good enough for the cleave it uses. It hits hard and blocking w/shield drains your stamina badly and leaves you open for another swipe.

Jawmuncher

Against the rotten, you should definitely be rolling and be light enough to get a good roll.

I don't think your shield is good enough for the cleave it uses. It hits hard and blocking w/shield drains your stamina badly and leaves you open for another swipe.

Ended up going for lighter like you said and blocking when I couldn't get away in time.
Ended up working out thankfully. As you said had to be careful of the multi swipe if I got stuck into using a block there.

2AdEPT

Gonna shill some Dark Souls 1 content of mine.

Pure Black Anor Londo Archers.

http://www.twitch.tv/booshka/c/5660622

Haha that's awesome!

I set out to prove I could do a vanquisher seal preparation early game run by going into the DLC straight from Betwixt and killing no other bosses besides ROtten (and rat king is mandatory in order to kill Rhoy multiple as well) in order to get the ascetics necessary to farm RHoy. It was slow going with my heide knight sword +4 but it worked...I got all the stuff I needed and killed Rhoy 50 times etc. SADLY I accidentally erased all the footage...my character still exists though and I will probably try to re-record the key things like the rotten fight. It took a few tries but I didt it! no summons...they make that fight worse for me at low level..too much damage nerf.

Jawmuncher

So what should I be doing with these boss souls?
Just completed Brightstone and I am sitting on a ton of them. I saved the bird lady who is still offering me a free weapon. But even with that I still have all the souls from earlier boss fights as well.

Just completed Brightstone and I am sitting on a ton of them. I saved the bird lady who is still offering me a free weapon. But even with that I still have all the souls from earlier boss fights as well.

There are two blacksmiths that trade weapons and spells for boss souls. Many are crap, but several are very good. Consuming them is probably the worst thing to do. Just buy what looks fun and try them out. You will need multiple souls of the same type to get everything.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Steam sale today. Hopefully the playerbase increases a bit. I was doing another playthrough this week and couldn't get a summon on most of the bosses.

Amakusa

Playing my first Hexer, The Joker Returns

MbQdQS1.jpg

w8nCENB.jpg

Save your giant souls, dont sold them you will use them later.

The other soul bosses can be traded with the bird lady or with Straid ( the dude on the bastille) for Spells and boss weapons

I beat this on PS3 and just bought it for Steam and was thinking about buying the DLC. What level do I need to be to do that and how far into the game?

Top Bottom