• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hmmmmm I guess someone will make a new OT just because of the late port for PS4 and XBO. Im too busy with work so I think I might have to let someone else handle the new OT.

neoism

man :( glad for at least a patch but will not buy it now. can't use my save not starting over doubt the dx11 version will look much better anyway

ArynCrinn

Banned
*"Posted this in the "LOL Hoo-RA for another pointless Remaster" for extra money for no real advancements to the core gameplay..thread". Hilarious how many people are "excited about this".

Paying ANYTHING for this garbage is unacceptable if you already own the game+Season Pass, which should include ALL new content, new SKU or otherwise. But I guess we're playing "Scamco - the Capcom we want ya' money game when it's totally unnecessary". Whereas far greater updates like the FTL update and Dustforce DX update were FREE to all previous owners, and these were Indies with far lower budgets and install bases. Really goes to show who's doing it for the money, and who's doing it for the passion of game making and respecting their customers. So if you support this behavior, please buy this and show your true colors.

Also find it hilarious in their little list they mention NOTHING about restructuring and fixing the horrible broken mechanics and control calibrations from DkS2, or Poise or hitboxes, or untying the roll speeds and i-frames from the ADP stat (stupidest thing I ever saw in a Souls game imo). Their just basically doing scaling and nerf/buff crap on a larger scale, doing who knows what with NPC's, and putting on a shiny new coat of paint and hyping it like it's the "new black"...for of course a price even with the Season Pass already bought. They also mention NOTHING about fixing their terrible "restriction system" they implemented after the terrifucked up VAC support (great competence there), based on, you guessed it Soul Memory, another example of a hideously bad idea that even goes so far as to screw legit players while cheaters/hackers get free passes!

TL:DR - Fuck Scamco. PC game didn't need a new SKU for PC, just a good sized update for free, I'm running a Quad-SLI Titan Z rig with a 6-core Haswell OCed, 32GB G.Skill DDR3 and somehow, somehow I've got to buy a new version/upgrade of the game that supports DX11?? What is that, this ain't 2005. Oh yeah, I forgot, Namco is scum and just wants your money and doesn't give a shit about it's customers one way or the other...lining the CEO's pockets = greatest bottom line. Good ole fashioned business decision, we've got here.

It says "Existing Dark Souls II owners will receive a patch to implement these elements"

So I take that to mean that it's a free patch, and the retail version is a GOTY type release with all DLC and new updates on disc. I also take it to mean that new NPCs will be Pate's identical twin brother, purple Smelter Demon (new blacksmith), weapons will be poison greatsword+6, double triple shot glowing Avelyn, etc, etc. And whatever the fuck "augmented item descriptions" means, and a freeforall lagstab spaz-out with new 6 player multiplayer. Good grief.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Wonder if I'll be tempted to triple-dip on the PS4 version... xD I'll probably be busy with Bloodborne during that time anyway.
6 player co-op seems a little overkill.
Depends. If it's still 3 player coop, but allowing more invaders, that could be awesome. 3v3! :O

ArynCrinn

Banned
It says "Existing Dark Souls II owners will receive a patch to implement these elements"

So I take that to mean that it's a free patch, and the retail version is a GOTY type release with all DLC and new updates on disc. I also take it to mean that new NPCs will be Pate's identical twin brother, purple Smelter Demon (new blacksmith), weapons will be poison greatsword+6, double triple shot glowing Avelyn, etc, etc. And whatever the fuck "augmented item descriptions" means, and a freeforall lagstab spaz-out with new 6 player multiplayer. Good grief.

Hahahaha

That was actually really funny, nice to laugh for once here. ;p

GRIP

Wonder if I'll be tempted to triple-dip on the PS4 version... xD I'll probably be busy with Bloodborne during that time anyway.

Depends. If it's still 3 player coop, but allowing more invaders, that could be awesome. 3v3! :O

Yeah, I guess it just depends on how it's implemented and that makes a lot more sense.

Looks like old gen owners would mostly get the "new" npcs and enemies but wont get the fixes in enemies IA, lightning fixes, netcode fix and hitboxes fixes.

But I am glad more people will play DS2 and kinda sad DSII would be their first Dark souls game

Booshka

*"Posted this in the "LOL Hoo-RA for another pointless Remaster" for extra money for no real advancements to the core gameplay..thread". Hilarious how many people are "excited about this".

Paying ANYTHING for this garbage is unacceptable if you already own the game+Season Pass, which should include ALL new content, new SKU or otherwise. But I guess we're playing "Scamco - the Capcom we want ya' money game when it's totally unnecessary". Whereas far greater updates like the FTL update and Dustforce DX update were FREE to all previous owners, and these were Indies with far lower budgets and install bases. Really goes to show who's doing it for the money, and who's doing it for the passion of game making and respecting their customers. So if you support this behavior, please buy this and show your true colors.

Also find it hilarious in their little list they mention NOTHING about restructuring and fixing the horrible broken mechanics and control calibrations from DkS2, or Poise or hitboxes, or untying the roll speeds and i-frames from the ADP stat (stupidest thing I ever saw in a Souls game imo). Their just basically doing scaling and nerf/buff crap on a larger scale, doing who knows what with NPC's, and putting on a shiny new coat of paint and hyping it like it's the "new black"...for of course a price even with the Season Pass already bought. They also mention NOTHING about fixing their terrible "restriction system" they implemented after the terrifucked up VAC support (great competence there), based on, you guessed it Soul Memory, another example of a hideously bad idea that even goes so far as to screw legit players while cheaters/hackers get free passes!

TL:DR - Fuck Scamco. PC game didn't need a new SKU for PC, just a good sized update for free, I'm running a Quad-SLI Titan Z rig with a 6-core Haswell OCed, 32GB G.Skill DDR3 and somehow, somehow I've got to buy a new version/upgrade of the game that supports DX11?? What is that, this ain't 2005. Oh yeah, I forgot, Namco is scum and just wants your money and doesn't give a shit about it's customers one way or the other...lining the CEO's pockets = greatest bottom line. Good ole fashioned business decision, we've got here.

I didn't even know this was a thing. $12K worth of GFX cards? I guess $6K now since the price drop, either way, wtf.

returned to the game after a long break, to finish the DLC and main story... and boy do i suck, i don't even know how to hold the PS3 controller anymore lol. the sticks feel weird after playing on PS4.

anyway, what the fuck is up with the constant new calibrations? i must have downloaded new calibrations 6-7 times in the last 24 hours, basically every time i'm in the main menu. wtf?

also HOW DO I BEAT THIS GIANT ICY GODDAMN LION? i use melee (with some pyromancy but so far it has felt incredibly weak), and i can't survive for more than 30 seconds or so. i can't seem to dodge anything and he is too fast, can't heal. i'm level 159 so it shouldn't be this hard... halp.

Mistel

Banned
also HOW DO I BEAT THIS GIANT ICY GODDAMN LION? i use melee (with some pyromancy but so far it has felt incredibly weak), and i can't survive for more than 30 seconds or so. i can't seem to dodge anything and he is too fast, can't heal. i'm level 159 so it shouldn't be this hard... halp.
With the ice tiger you really have to watch what it's doing it's got a lot of cues for what it is doing in its moveset. There's also the two summons that might help you get a bit of a breather with it. Fire is one of the better things to use against it so either pyromancies or charcoal pine will help.

With the ice tiger you really have to watch what it's doing it's got a lot of cues for what it is doing in its moveset. There's also the two summons that might help you get a bit of a breather with it. Fire is one of the better things to use against it so either pyromancies or charcoal pine will help.

ok, good thing i got like 50 charcoal pines, might take all of them lol. hmm didn't see the summons.. guess i was in hollow form.

is the online supposed to be dead on PS3 btw? played for a few hours today and i didnt see any signs anywhere except one when i fought Fume Knight (for the 100th time before i beat him alone yay).

Mistel

Banned
ok, good thing i got like 50 charcoal pines, might take all of them lol. hmm didn't see the summons.. guess i was in hollow form.

is the online supposed to be dead on PS3 btw? played for a few hours today and i didnt see any signs anywhere except one when i fought Fume Knight (for the 100th time before i beat him alone yay).
It depends on your soul memory too so that might be too high for other depending on what it is meaning you don't see signs.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

You did make it
visible
, right?

It depends on your soul memory too so that might be too high for other depending on what it is meaning you don't see signs.

well, it's past 4 million.. that too much? :( fucking dumb system, ruined the game for me if i can't find anyone anymore.

You did make it
visible
, right?

wait.. it can be
invisible
? LOL, that would have freaked me out so bad. i don't know.. i don't think i did anything special. what did i do?!

edit: if anyone wants to help me on PS3 (lvl 159, soul memory 4mil) to beat this boss and maybe some other areas if i need help, i would love to have you on my friends list! hit me up on PSN (same username as here).

Mistel

Banned
well, it's past 4 million.. that too much? :( fucking dumb system, ruined the game for me if i can't find anyone anymore.

wait.. it can be
invisible
? LOL, that would have freaked me out so bad. i don't know.. i don't think i did anything special. what did i do?!
You picked up the eye of the priestess before fighting making it visible. 4 million is a bit high if you're not on NG+ already, for a first playthrough that's probably nearing the top end of SM most reach before going onto the next one.

You picked up the eye of the priestess before fighting making it visible. 4 million is a bit high if you're not on NG+ already, for a first playthrough that's probably nearing the top end of SM most reach before going onto the next one.

oh yea, that eye thing yea. hmm what does it matter if im in NG or not? cant i still connect to anyone who's around?

and fuck, killed by the same invader again, used weapons and spells i've never even seen before and backstabbed me from the front....... ok. lost all my souls as well, had a bloodstain in the boss room with like 100k souls. im just about to give up on the entire game if the only other people playing are griefers...

someone pls, help me :(

No you can not it is segregated by what playthrough you are on along with soul memory.

ok well thats lame. why did they change that? i remember getting summoned to someone's NG+++++++++++ in the earlier games when i was in my NG+ and it was fun. shocking, but fun.

oh hell yea finally found some peeps to summon and we (they) wrecked that icy beast. kinda cheated but whatever, got no time to fight a boss another 50 times alone until i figure it out (Fume Knight...).

Since I don't own a ps4 (and don't plan to do it in the near future), playing this game on XB1 is totally a good thing imo. I'll keep playing the current game though. Want to get all the achievements for the 1st and the second games.

UrbanRats

i thought the tiger was fairly easy.
The tricky part can be rolling through some of the attacks, especially at lower FPS on console, and for that i guess you gotta learn the tells, but otherwise, heal when she jumps away to do the magic attack, and to avoid it, simply stay far enough, all on one side as she loads it up, and strafe to the other side (rolling at the last moment if needed) when she shoots it.

She gets away from you fairly often, so you have moments to heal, just gotta try to stay on her side and hit her when she's done attacking.
don't stay in front of her, she ha a bite/grab move, iirc.

what build are you doing?

Goat Simulator gaves us MMO for free, which to me seems like more work. Get yourself together Namco, to make previous owners pay for a graphical upgrade(which tbh should have been part of it in the first place, come on this is 2014 and on PC...) is ridiculous. I guess there's some solace in that we get the encounters, NPCs and hopefully matchmaking fix. I hope they killed PvP SM brutally and with no mercey co-op SM is alright though.

SoldnerKei

^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiDa9Yf2xhI&list=UUo8DbOmTQQVCiisUd4hZ2jw&index=1

Pretty much my thoughts exactly as I've said. This is totally absurd and just a money grabbing scheme to stretch game profits since it's likely everybody stops caring about DkS2 once Bloodborne hits.

Edit, the video above is not accurate in one thing: the game won't be re-released at full price in Japan

Except guys, that the prices in Japan are higher than the ones showed in that chart: A full release console game is a little less than 8000 yen, while according to the chart the price for XB1/ps4/PC is 5500. The game won't be released at full price in Japan, and probably not in the US either. (You can check prices in Amazon jp if you don't believe me).

Just saying.

Well, a huge amount of the Souls community will most likely move to Bloodborne but, for a lot of guys like me who don't own a ps4 (and don't plan to at the moment), an enhanced version of DSII is something good.

Still, XB and PC users must be more than half of the current DSII players. I think assuming than most DSII users will move to Bloodborne is not an accurate statement.

do people actually care about DkS2 right now? played a bit yesterday and tried to do some co-op, I got nothing, my SM shouldn't be a problem, I was able to invade people thou

There's still a decent number of people playing DS2, but it's definitely gone down. There are hotspots for co-op and PVP, but you'll be waiting a long time in the less popular areas.

Arnie

Can anyone tell me the highest regarded players of the Souls series across Europe? I'm talking like EpicNameBro or Peeve, but for Europe? Do they stream etc. Thanks all!

2AdEPT

Can anyone tell me the highest regarded players of the Souls series across Europe? I'm talking like EpicNameBro or Peeve, but for Europe? Do they stream etc. Thanks all!

Most players that are big name broadcasters are big name because they broadcast in English. If you are simply looking for someone from Europe there are British ones like Tyrannicon who do good creative channels and are based in Europe but braodcast in English. If you want a good one that is done in German for example..I like the looks of Joe's channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv5xaXW_FHw0orQI7Y53L5Q/about

That said, what are you looking for in a channel? Big views? Who cares? I personally find ENB average, cant touch Peeve anymore, although it was nice finally having at least one guy that could play Bloodborne half decent in the alpha (so many sucked) nor can I stand many of the PVP braggarts like FIghting COwboy (waste of time.)

Here is my top 5 favourite Souls channels as someone who has been with the souls series since 2009 and poured over 3000 hours into souls playing and another 3000 watching channels...none of then make much if any money at it but do put a lot of time effort and energy into their channels in various ways.

#1 - OOZIEE Some very high quality editing goes into the Souls TV series..lots of glitches and funny occurrences put to intelligent sound effects. He gets you to send your clips in and he modifies them for his channel. Extremely Creative. Winner by far. Best Souls channel on the Internet.
#2 - Pokashine - again high quality editing and very skilled play, very creative...adds good music.
#3 - HeartCooksBrain - Again, good editing...and although she has had some technical glitches, few broadcasters can claim to fight through as many personal challenges and pull off such a great channel.
#4 - Jeff Green - - by far the most technically great Dark Souls player I have viewed. Despite being 83 years old he has refined his reflexes over the years to bring you some of the most skilled speed running and highly adept game play strategies. He is working on his new book: Think; Strategize: WIN! ...an inevitable best seller.
#4b - Kay Plays - - A woman who plays Souls games - an interesting approach to Souls and one who claims to avoid spoilers like the plague...makes for interesting and pristine approach to souls games.
#5 - AdEpTerik - Although I cant claim to be as skilled as Jeff Green, nor as good an editor as the top three, I enjoy doing mostly blind let's plays and some challenge runs etc.. I also put original music on my videos from time to time...... as time allows, and you can now rely on the videos to all be 60FPS.

The speed run community is also one which I frequent, there are lots of Europeans...my favourite are Santzo and Lobos Jr.

#1 - OOZIEE Some very high quality editing goes into the Souls TV series..lots of glitches and funny occurrences put to intelligent sound effects. He gets you to send your clips in and he modifies them for his channel. Extremely Creative. Winner by far. Best Souls channel on the Internet.
I've never seen this channel before, really great editing and use of sound effect, very funny!

Also I think you might be biased with concerns to #5 on your list :p

2AdEPT

i'm gullible but jeff green can't be 83 years old

cmon

Sorry, I cant even keep a straight face when typing about Jeff...his sense of humour is hilarious to me....had to keep the jokes going.

I've never seen this channel before, really great editing and use of sound effect, very funny!

Also I think you might be biased with concerns to #5 on your list :p

Again, I was trying to be slightly humourous with my shameless plug ;) Notwithstanding, I am hopeful to try to step it up a notch for Bloodborne and put some thought into the commentary more often! As for Oozie, yeah I almost missed him but POka watched my channel and made a comment so I visited his channel and I saw that he liked oozie. Jo and I started sending stuff in and he liked our shtuff...I am hoping he selects my music for his final episode credits coming up at the end of the year. I sent in the soundtrack from this video ...let me know what you think?!?

@Orthonogal - trolling is a little harsh...he uses the same joke every time someone asks him how old he is...he always says 83...just a running joke. ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
well i said i was pretty gullible :p

i actually watched a bit of jeff green's playthrough and i'm not sure if i liked it

he's genuinely funny but i feel he has a weird disregard for the game that i'm not sure if i appreciate as a blind souls worshiper. not a complaint about his stuff, just not sure if it's for me

2AdEPT

Typo or trolling. He's 53.

i actually watched a bit of jeff green's playthrough and i'm not sure if i liked it

he's genuinely funny but i feel he has a weird disregard for the game that i'm not sure if i appreciate as a blind souls worshiper. not a complaint about his stuff, just not sure if it's for me

Oh for sure...I was being very sarcastic about the skill part...he is terrible and it is painful to watch if you are hoping to see skill at all....but there have been some priceless moments that could not be re-created if one tried. Seriously more of a schadenfreude humour rich channel, but I had to try to be funny for that pick ...just had to. Part of the fun is that most of the chat says he will never make it by X yet every time he finds a way to get it done in the end.

ibq1Llva0Voni7.gif

i8ypjau145oVt.gif

GoodnaturedGiftedFreshwatereel.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh for sure...I was being very sarcastic about the skill part...he is terrible and it is painful to watch if you are hoping to see skill at all....but there have been some priceless moments that could not be re-created if one tried. Seriously more of a schadenfreude humour rich channel, but I had to try to be funny for that pick ...just had to. Part of the fun is that most of the chat says he will never make it by X yet every time he finds a way to get it done in the end.

yeah i'll probably watch a bit more. like i said he's funny, i'm just undecided if i want to watch more lol

do you recommend his dks1 or 2 playthrough?

Top Bottom