• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

J4g3r

The Espada Ropera has really grown on me as of late.

Infused with Dark combined with Resonant Weapon it does around 600 AR pokes in PvP.

I don't know about hex mages for PvP but sorcery so far is easy mode for PvP, at least in the Iron Keep. Some people don't completely suck and are decent at dodging the magic but my win/lose ratio is like 90% so far, and would be higher if not for lame-ass hosts who chug Estus.

Hexes can be amazing for PvP. My general tactic is to combine Great Resonant Soul with Darkstorm.

Fire off Great Resonant Souls as a bit of a lure. If the person I'm facing manages to dodge them, they usually come rolling towards me - That's when I let off Darkstorm trapping them in my blender of darkness! :D

Another tactic is to use Lifedrain Patch as a way of disrupting your opponent's vision, that way they can't see the Hexes being shot at them.

J4g3r

Read this on another forum and I'm going to give it a go:

I'm going to leave the PS3 on overnight as a member of the bellfry covenant and with the Belltower ring equiped.

I used to hate when people did this in the forest in Dark Souls 1 hoping to get tons of souls. The amount of AFK people that would invade me...

koryuken

I don't know about hex mages for PvP but sorcery so far is easy mode for PvP, at least in the Iron Keep. Some people don't completely suck and are decent at dodging the magic but my win/lose ratio is like 90% so far, and would be higher if not for lame-ass hosts who chug Estus.

What do you do against people with GMB or people who use a 90%+ magic resist shield?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gower's Ring of Protection is so OP in PVP :lol :lol

It's a bit heavy for a ring (10.0!) but it's really worth it, and it looks fucking cool.
What do you do against people with GMB or people who use a 90%+ magic resist shield?

I use my Moonlight Greatsword ;)

Well, you can attach a bunch of qualifiers to it if you want, but in the end it's basically the same thing that was present in the previous games (hollow state) albeit in a more roundabout, opt-in fashion. The game still offers up a way to avoid invasions while remaining online and there's no getting around that.
Ok, I'll correct myself:

That completely prevents invasions, like with being offline or being hollowed in DkS1 (in that case it prevents summoning too), it doesn't do like "you are going to be invaded, is it ok?", or even worse "you are going to die because of an invasion, is it ok?"

Happy? It's not "basically the same thing": disconnecting when you are invaded means that you are still online, still able to summon, so still in the the game for the servers internal workings in regard to matching players.

Also, if you care to read what I wrote, my words were "There is a specific reason why FROM didn't give you the option to not fight an invader", meaning "You are being invaded, and you cannot choose to not fight the invader".

I am currently cutting together ALL of the deaths from my stream playthough. It's pretty good so far. Watching me re-live the
Pursuer airdrop on the platform (before the real bossfight)
is a lot of fun.

I am going to have to upload them in parts. What do you guys think the max length of each part should be?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to spam the new page sunbros, but would really appreciate some input on this:

Could someone please offer some clarity on Pyro and Hexes?

Carefully browsing the Wiki and Reddit has yielded various conflicting results, and I daren't tread any further as I don't want to spoil myself on any plot/items/etc.

So basically I was wondering if anyone could answer the following for me, straight up:

1. Does Pryo (fire bonus) scale with anything other than the Pyro hand?
- I've read that it goes up gradually with either INT or FAI, but I was wondering if there was any real correlation between these.

2. How the hecks do Hexes work?
- Some say they scale with the lower of INT or FAI; others say their strength depends on the difference between these two stats...

Would a Pryo/Hex build be viable? What sort of stat arrangement would that entail?

Thanks for any help :)

Leezard

Sorry to spam the new page sunbros, but would really appreciate some input on this:

Carefully browsing the Wiki and Reddit has yielded various conflicting results, and I daren't tread any further as I don't want to spoil myself on any plot/items/etc.

So basically I was wondering if anyone could answer the following for me, straight up:

- I've read that it goes up gradually with either INT or FAI, but I was wondering if there was any real correlation between these.

- Some say they scale with the lower of INT or FAI; others say their strength depends on the difference between these two stats...

Would a Pryo/Hex build be viable? What sort of stat arrangement would that entail?

Hexes (Dark) scales with the lower of INT and FAI.
Pyro (Fire) scales with the sum of INT and FAI.

Dresden

1. Pyro damage increases with, well, Fire bonus. Tooltip in-game reads that it scales off both Int and Faith, which may or may not be wrong.

2. Hexes scale with the lower stat out of the two. You want the two to be equal up to 30, where the damage bonus softcaps. Damage gains past that are negligible and you'll take int or faith higher to access some of the later spells, like Affinity or Profound Still.

This means that you'll have no trouble casting pyromancy, either. The only useful pyro spell for a hexer will be Flame Swathe, though; everything else, hexes will do better.

Pyro scales with your fire attack rate, which improves with intelligence and faith.
Dark scales with your dark attack rate, which improves with the lowest stat between intelligence and faith.

So, for what I understood:
- if you have 20 intelligence, 20 faith, leveling faith to 21 improves pyro but not dark.
- in you have 19 intelligence and 20 faith, leveling faith to 21 doesn't improve dark, leveling intelligence to 20 improves dark; both improve pyro.

Dark seems to work like character poise, that considers endurance and adaptability.

Dresden

What do you guys think is the best PVP class?

I had the most luck with a dark katana, running GRS/Resonant Weapon. The damage is overwhelming and the katana pokes - phantom range and all - are the best in the game.

Ok, I'll correct myself:

That completely prevents invasions, like with being offline or being hollowed in DkS1 (in that case it prevents summoning too), it doesn't do like "you are going to be invaded, is it ok?", or even worse "you are going to die because of an invasion, is it ok?"

Happy? It's not "basically the same thing": disconnecting when you are invaded means that you are still online, still able to summon, so still in the the game for the servers internal workings in regard to matching players.

Just lop out that first sentence next time. The second gets to your point without the condescension getting in the way.

Also, if you care to read what I wrote, my words were "There is a specific reason why FROM didn't give you the option to not fight an invader", meaning "You are being invaded, and you cannot choose to not fight the invader".

'to not fight an invader' is achievable using in-game means~

It's not really a clear statement, and it relies on multiple posts correcting yourself to get your point across. And the weird, aggrieved tone you have going there doesn't help.

jimi_dini

That is a great thing, and one of the best innovations about DkS2, and doesn't make the game any easier, you have to kill enemies like 15 times before they stop respawning, at that point you will have learned how to deal with those enemies, that's for sure. It makes the game less frustrating, not easier.

I don't see it that way. You can just kill a few, then go to bonfire etc. repeat that 15 times and they are gone. And after that you can directly run to the boss, which makes it way easier. Well not as easy as the bonfire directly in front of the boss. I don't do that, but I could. It's just bad design. In Dark Souls you have to constantly defeat enemies or learn how to run past them to get to the boss. Which wasn't that difficult or problematic, especially after a while. 4 Kings boss comes into my mind. It made you learn the game the whole time. It didn't stop at some point and said "oops, let's remove those enemies altogether".

It's only frustrating in case you get killed. In the end 4 kings took me around 1 minute to get to the boss. But I learnt how to defeat Darkwraiths. And I also got quite a few Titanite Chunks+Slabs out of it.

Chameleon is adorable. Had a moment invading the bell tower where I went around for a while looking for the player, and at some point turned around to find them slowly climbing the stairs as a pot. As soon as I saw them they just stopped and we stared at each other for a moment.

Damn, I should have thought about that. I used Chameleon for the rat covenant.

Trolled the shit out of players in Dark Souls 1 that way. Almost as good as dressing up as an NPC. And in DS2 it works even better. I think in DS1 it was possible to see the health bar of the player up close. Got caught several times because of that. It seems that that's not the case in DS2 anymore. I had a few players being a few centimeters away from me and not noticing anything (I actually thought that they did).

Arcayne

Does using the cracked red eye orb effect while being in the blue sentinel affect it in anyway? Like invading as a dark spirit deducts -1 from my total blue sentinel kills or something? I don't mind being tagged a sinner.

Just lop out that first sentence next time. The second gets to your point without the condescension getting in the way.

'to not fight an invader' is achievable using in-game means~

It's not really a clear statement, and it relies on multiple posts correcting yourself to get your point across. And the weird, aggrieved tone you have going there doesn't help.
There is a single post in which I clarified what I meant, and it was when I answered to your "you can just burn effigies", I clarified that I didn't mean "prevent invasions", and that post was perfectly clean and polite. Then you completely undermined what I was saying by answering that I was just attaching a bunch of qualifiers to the human effigies (actually, qualifying something with better adjectives could be useful), but a qualifier was needed, and the qualifier had to be "not prevent": I was not talking about human effigies.

Also, my post was a criticism to a particular act done by a particular user, and the act was "disconnecting after being invaded", and I said that FROM didn't give you tools to not fight an invader after you are invaded for a reason. It was perfectly clear given the context.

About the condescension thing, that's sadly the way I get when I write something in a context, and someone else ignores the context and quotes me like I were saying something completely different, and you did the same: if you thought my point wasn't clear to you, you could have asked me to clarify it, but still I don't understand how cloud be unclear something like:

That completely prevents invasions, like with being offline, it doesn't do like "you are going to be invaded, is it ok?", or even worse "you are going to die because of an invasion, is it ok?"

"That" is human effigies (I quoted your post), and it completely prevent invasions, but it's not like what I was talking about in the previous post, that is, "something that you can do to nullify a specific invasion that is occurring right now, and you did not prevent".

I can accept, though, that my english wasn't clear, because maybe "you are going to be invaded" could mean "an invasion is going to take place right now", or "an invasion might take place": if this is the case, I apologize for my poor grammar skills, my mother language is not english.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hexes (Dark) scales with the lower of INT and FAI.
Pyro (Fire) scales with the sum of INT and FAI.

1. Pyro damage increases with, well, Fire bonus. Tooltip in-game reads that it scales off both Int and Faith, which may or may not be wrong.

2. Hexes scale with the lower stat out of the two. You want the two to be equal up to 30, where the damage bonus softcaps. Damage gains past that are negligible and you'll take int or faith higher to access some of the later spells, like Affinity or Profound Still.

This means that you'll have no trouble casting pyromancy, either. The only useful pyro spell for a hexer will be Flame Swathe, though; everything else, hexes will do better.

Pyro scales with your fire attack rate, which improves with intelligence and faith.
Dark scales with your dark attack rate, which improves with the lowest stat between intelligence and faith.

So, for what I understood:
- if you have 20 intelligence, 20 faith, leveling faith to 21 improves pyro but not dark.
- in you have 19 intelligence and 20 faith, leveling faith to 21 doesn't improve dark, leveling intelligence to 20 improves dark; both improve pyro.

Dark seems to work like character poise, that considers endurance and adaptability.

Thanks very much; you three seem to be in tune with one another!

I'm still a bit confused though (sorry)... Put simply, I'm considering having either an all Pyro or Pyro/Dark build and wondering about the impact of each.

From your replies, it looks like one shouldn't "negate" the other.
Essentially, I want to exclusively use Pyro and/or Hexes (not touch Sorcery or Miracles). Is this viable, or would it be purely a novelty build (I'm guessing the latter)?

I don't see it that way. You can just kill a few, then go to bonfire etc. repeat that 15 times and they are gone. And after that you can directly run to the boss, which makes it way easier. Well not as easy as the bonfire directly in front of the boss. I don't do that, but I could. It's just bad design. In Dark Souls you have to constantly defeat enemies or learn how to run past them to get to the boss. Which wasn't that difficult or problematic, especially after a while. 4 Kings boss comes into my mind. It made you learn the game the whole time. It didn't stop at some point and said "oops, let's remove those enemies altogether".

It's only frustrating in case you get killed. In the end 4 kings took me around 1 minute to get to the boss. But I learnt how to defeat Darkwraiths. And I also got quite a few Titanite Chunks+Slabs out of it.
No one does that, it's a waste of time to always return to the bonfire after killing a single enemy until it disappears, and then going onto the next enemy and doing the same thing all over again: 15 times is a lot. What that mechanic does is the following: you study the level and the fastest route to the boss, like in every souls game, but there is usually some enemy that you have to kill, considering also that they can hit you while you traverse the fog. So you kill them, every time, until you have perfectly learned how to kill those enemies that get in your way and are unavoidable: at that point, killing them becomes almost automatic, and that's when it becomes annoying. A very good example is
Velstadt: for an easier run to the boss it's good the kill hollow under the stairs, so he doesn't sound the bell, but after you mechanically kill him every time it becomes annoying
. Another case, for example, is the run to
the smelter demon: some knights are hard to pass by, it's better to kill them, but after doing the same fucking movements for 15 times it becomes annoying, and at that point the game rewards your patience with their disappearance; it's a reward
. Also,
Dragon Shrine: those two big knights in front of the door offer a nice challenge, and going through the door without fighting them could be inconsistent, leading to frustration, so you're better off killing them, and after 15 times doing the same thing it just gets boring
. In DkS2 enemies are more numerous, more aggressive, stronger and somehow smarter than in DkS1, where you could navigate with greater ease among enemies straight to the boss, so this new mechanic helps and rewards the player when he/she kills a lot of times some of the unavoidable enemies over and over again, or at least that's the way I see it. A consequence of this mechanic is the fact that in theory a unexperienced player could waste hours trying to kill one enemy at a time for 15 times, always returning to the bonfire after each kill, but that's not that different, in terms of cheesiness, to lure out one enemy at a time exploiting the aggro range of each enemy: after you improve your skills you simply stop doing this.

I'm still a bit confused though (sorry)... Put simply, I'm considering having either an all Pyro or Pyro/Dark build and wondering about the impact of each.

Essentially, I want to exclusively use Pyro and/or Hexes (not touch Sorcery or Miracles). Is this viable, or would it be purely a novelty build (I'm guessing the latter)?
It's viable if you level both intelligence and faith. I guess everything is viable in Dark Souls if it makes you kill enemies and other players :D

jimi_dini

In DkS2 enemies are more numerous, more aggressive, stronger and somehow smarter than in DkS1

Wat? I haven't completed the game yet, but the AI isn't smarter or more aggressive.

where you could navigate with greater ease among enemies straight to the boss

That's possible as well. Unless you need a friendly AI and that friendly AI is completely broken in DS2 and falls to her death all the time when enemies are around or gets stuck somewhere. Which then requires you to clean the path. Which also isn't that time-consuming, when you know how to handle enemies.

so this new mechanic helps and rewards the player when he/she kills a lot of times some of the unavoidable enemies over and over again

Help + Reward = easier

Look, the whole thing is only and really only a problem, when you can't defeat the boss. And then it actually makes it easier for you to get to the boss. If it's not about the boss, then there is warping, which means you don't have to defeat enemies anyway unless you want to reach the boss.

A consequence of this mechanic is the fact that in theory a unexperienced player could waste hours trying to kill one enemy at a time for 15 times, always returning to the bonfire after each kill

It's not really about 1 enemy. It's about having a hard time to defeat a boss and then you will get "rewarded" by the game cleaning the level for you, so that you don't get bothered with the level enemies anymore. Which makes it way easier.

Or well maybe you got trouble with a few enemies in the middle of an area. So instead of having to properly handle those, you will get rewarded for dying - first the enemies before them will vanish. And maybe you are only able to defeat 2 of 4 enemies. After 15 times, 2 of those will be gone and you will only have 2 enemies left. Which is simply easy mode.

but that's not that different, in terms of cheesiness, to lure out one enemy at a time exploiting the aggro range of each enemy: after you improve your skills you simply stop doing this.

Not really. In that case you still need to learn the enemies and you will take a lot of time doing this. You also can't use magic all the time, because you won't have enough casts left for the boss. Which means it won't work out in the end. The respawn-stop on the other hand helps you out when you have trouble defeating a boss. Which is not what Souls games are were about.

If they are that concerned about overleveling they could just make enemies doesnt drop souls after X times.

That's a silly excuse anyway, because the player can still overlevel by doing coop over and over again. If they were concerned about that, they should stop giving out souls for coop after a while. But they don't.

Ferr986

That is a great thing, and one of the best innovations about DkS2, and doesn't make the game any easier, you have to kill enemies like 15 times before they stop respawning, at that point you will have learned how to deal with those enemies, that's for sure. It makes the game less frustrating, not easier.

Its suck for farming. Yesterday I had to burn 2 friggin ascetics to get the Llewellyn armor drop.
Its a big fuck you if you're unlucky.
If they are that concerned about overleveling they could just make enemies doesnt drop souls after X times.

Frodo

After playing 20+h with a high Intelligence and Faith build I'm thinking about reallocating my points back to Strength and Dexterity. Seems much more useful, even in co-op, where I can stay far from the fight with bosses and casting spells now, but the damage I do, most of the times is negligible.

Not to mention PvP. It is better to be fast and nimble and being able to handle a weapon that does a lot of damage than expecting players will be bad enough to not be able to dodge your spell. I don't know... I'm just not happy with it. And with the amount of points I would save by not having to allocate anything to Attunement I could beef up my Vitality or my HP.

It's my very personal understanding but I don't think Pyro is meant to be used on its own. Or rather, if you're good at pyromancy, you'll necessarily be good at something else.

By being "good at pyromancy", I mean that the sum of your INT and FTH is high, and so very naturally you'll be proficient at one of the other three casting disciplines:
- hexes if you have balanced Int and Faith
- sorceries if you have focused on int
- miracles for faith

So basically, a hex/pyro build is completely viable.
Hell, bearing in mind that post 40, stats start hitting diminishing returns, you can probably make a 40/40 character that's good at everything. Upgrade your pyro flame, get a good hexer staff, some rings to get attunement slots if you want to cut on attunement investment and you could have a pyromancer working pretty quickly.

Hitting higher soul levels (~120), pure caster builds tend to be naturally good at every type of magic anyway and equipment matters more. Typically, if you want to focus on hexes, find a staff and chime where the faith and intelligence scaling go towards your dark bonus rather than magic or lightning (yeah, there's a secondary scaling for magic catalysts).

I can't pinpoint what the attunement/int/faith sweet point is but you could probably complement a physical build with some pyro as well. I still believe jack of all trades builds are inefficient but Pyro is definitely the closest you'll get to one.

After playing 20+h with a high Intelligence and Faith build I'm thinking about reallocating my points back to Strength and Dexterity. Seems much more useful, even in co-op, where I can stay far from the fight with bosses and casting spells now, but the damage I do, most of the times is negligible.

Not to mention PvP. It is better to be fast and nimble and being able to handle a weapon that does a lot of damage than expecting players will be bad enough to not be able to dodge your spell. I don't know... I'm just not happy with it. And with the amount of points I would save by not having to allocate anything to Attunement I could beef up my Vitality or my HP.
What are your stats, spells and equipment? I'm a pure caster and plough through everything PvE damage wise.

Frodo

What are your stats, spells and equipment? I'm a pure caster and plough through everything PvE damage wise.

PvE is all right, though I don't like to deal with the amount of spells I can use, and I find it a bit frustrating that I could be using better rings and I'm losing spots to gain more attunement slots, even if I'm wearing the Hexer hat to get more spells anyway. I would have to check my stats but I'm at 40 Faith and close to that INT and Attunement. Been using miracles and hexes, sometimes Pyro (I love Pyro, but again, the number of spells is ridiculous).

I just feel those points would be better spent in a high DEX/STR build and I would be a better help in co-op and pose more danger when invaded.

I've used all my soul vessels and I've finished NG+ but am staying there for PVP. What's the best way for me to get another vessel? I'd like to just slightly alter my build.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
It's viable if you level both intelligence and faith. I guess everything is viable in Dark Souls if it makes you kill enemies and other players :D
Duly noted!
It's my very personal understanding but I don't think Pyro is meant to be used on its own. Or rather, if you're good at pyromancy, you'll necessarily be good at something else.

By being "good at pyromancy", I mean that the sum of your INT and FTH is high, and so very naturally you'll be proficient at one of the other three casting disciplines:
- hexes if you have balanced Int and Faith
- sorceries if you have focused on int
- miracles for faith

So basically, a hex/pyro build is completely viable.
Hell, bearing in mind that post 40, stats start hitting diminishing returns, you can probably make a 40/40 character that's good at everything. Upgrade your pyro flame, get a good hexer staff, some rings to get attunement slots if you want to cut on attunement investment and you could have a pyromancer working pretty quickly.

Hitting higher soul levels (~120), pure caster builds tend to be naturally good at every type of magic anyway and equipment matters more. Typically, if you want to focus on hexes, find a staff and chime where the faith and intelligence scaling go towards your dark bonus rather than magic or lightning (yeah, there's a secondary scaling for magic catalysts).

I can't pinpoint what the attunement/int/faith sweet point is but you could probably complement a physical build with some pyro as well. I still believe jack of all trades builds are inefficient but Pyro is definitely the closest you'll get to one.

Thanks very much for the detailed response. 40/40 sounds interesting, but I was under the impression that Dark scaled with the lower of the two stats, while Pyro simply benefited from the sum of both. I.e. You could have 40/10 either way and "be good at" 3 out of 4 casting flavours.

I understand that by putting points into either FAI or INT, it'd probably be more viable to go with Sorcery or Miracles, but I'm talking pure novelty value of using exclusively Fire and/or Hexes.

As a concrete example, I made a "Salaman" roleplay build in DaS1 who used nothing but Pyro and Fire weapons. Suffice to say, I had problems in certain areas (not to mention PvP), but it was a laugh riot when things went well. I'm thinking of doing something similar in DaS2, but this time the Pyro hand seems to depend (if only slightly) on stats as well as upgrades.

Ah well, I'm kind of just blowing off brain farts at this point and should probably just experiment xD

My only other question is: is there any reason not to upgrade the Pyro hand this time (e.g. in DaS1, Power Within damage output didn't scale with the upgraded hand, but the amount of DoT to the user did!)

Thanks guys. DaS threads are the best *runs away for fear of spoilers*

Vorheez

I've used all my soul vessels and I've finished NG+ but am staying there for PVP. What's the best way for me to get another vessel? I'd like to just slightly alter my build.
Have you spoken to Crestfallen Saulden yet? He's the lonely dude in Majula sitting up near the pillar. After bringing 4 people to Majula and exhausting his dialogue he will give you one.

Have you spoken to Crestfallen Sauldon yet? He's the lonely dude in Majula sitting up near the pillar. After bringing 4 people to Majula and exhausting his dialogue he will give you one.

Yeah, I found them all in NG and then again in NG+. Used them all up experimenting with a bunch of stats. If I used a bonfire ascetic in Majula would the one in the chest in that mansion respawn?

Duly noted!

Thanks very much for the detailed response. 40/40 sounds interesting, but I was under the impression that Dark scaled with the lower of the two stats, while Pyro simply benefited from the sum of both. I.e. You could have 40/10 either way and "be good at" 3 out of 4 casting flavours.

I understand that by putting points into either FAI or INT, it'd probably be more viable to go with Sorcery or Miracles, but I'm talking pure novelty value of using exclusively Fire and/or Hexes.

As a concrete example, I made a "Salaman" roleplay build in DaS1 who used nothing but Pyro and Fire weapons. Suffice to say, I had problems in certain areas (not to mention PvP), but it was a laugh riot when things went well. I'm thinking of doing something similar in DaS2, but this time the Pyro hand seems to depend (if only slightly) on stats as well as upgrades.

Ah well, I'm kind of just blowing off brain farts at this point and should probably just experiment xD

My only other question is: is there any reason not to upgrade the Pyro hand this time (e.g. in DaS1, Power Within damage output didn't scale with the upgraded hand, but the amount of DoT to the user did!)

Thanks guys. DaS threads are the best *runs away for fear of spoilers*
For what I was able to see, leveling your pyromancy flame will still give you higher returns than leveling stats, but that doesn't mean that stats don't matter, they still matter, and you also must consider the fact that (light spoiler about a game mechanic, nothing major)
you cannot level the pyromancy flame only with souls, you need specific items for it, and you find them throughout the game

E92 M3

89pmf.png

Oh :( I like this game.

Vorheez

Yeah, I found them all in NG and then again in NG+. Used them all up experimenting with a bunch of stats. If I used a bonfire ascetic in Majula would the one in the chest in that mansion respawn?
I don't think so. I think you can farm the one in Lost Bastille behind a Pharros door though. From the Heide Knight, go down the ladder, break the wooden planks on your right, defeat the 4 dogs and 3 hollows and then use your lockstone. Burn an ascetic in the Exile Holding Cells bonfire for it to respawn. I was sure that's where I farmed mine but I haven't played in a few weeks, worth giving it a shot though.

Edit: Nevermind, ignore me. Apparently the one in Majula does respawn. My apologies!

I don't think so. I think you can farm the one in Lost Bastille behind a Pharros door though. From the Heide Knight, go down the ladder, break the wooden planks on your right, defeat the 4 dogs and 3 hollows and then use your lockstone. Burn an ascetic in the Exile Holding Cells bonfire for it to respawn. I was sure that's where I farmed mine but I haven't played in a few weeks, worth giving it a shot though.

Edit: Nevermind, ignore me. Apparently the one in Majula does respawn. My apologies!

Thanks guys.

Vitten

Read this on another forum and I'm going to give it a go:

I'm going to leave the PS3 on overnight as a member of the bellfry covenant and with the Belltower ring equiped.
I'm sure I'll get demolished plenty of times but once in a while I'll get a free kill from other phantoms winning or environmental kills.

Let's see how many free chunks this nets me without having to do anything myself..

Alright, I left my guy alone for 2 hours and came back to find 7 titanite chunks in my inventory, so that's 7 'wins'.
Not too bad, guess it's an option for people who REALLY hate PvP and want to acquire Hidden Weapon the easy ( lazy ) way.

Frodo

Alright, I left my guy alone for 2 hours and came back to find 7 titanite chunks in my inventory, so that's 7 'wins'.
Not too bad, guess it's an option for people who REALLY hate PvP and want to acquire Hidden Weapon the easy ( lazy ) way.

Wait! What are you guys talking about here?

Top Bottom