• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Vitten

Wait! What are you guys talking about here?

Join the Bellfry covenant and equip the ring. You'll get summoned all the time to fight bellfry invaders and you get a titante chunk if you win and Hidden Weapon spell after 30 wins.

Do this while AFK and you'll occasionally still get a win because two phantoms can invade at once and you both get the reward even if the other phantom is the one that kills the player or you also get a win if the player dies to the regular bellfry enemies.

ElFly

Chameleon is adorable. Had a moment invading the bell tower where I went around for a while looking for the player, and at some point turned around to find them slowly climbing the stairs as a pot. As soon as I saw them they just stopped and we stared at each other for a moment.

It was cute, and I just waved then left the game, because how can you kill someone like that?

Dying hahahahaa.

Mistel

Banned
I really hope that bellbroing while idling is not something that spreads, it's super lame :/
I'd rather... Tear 'em to shreds! Slice 'em and dice 'em, and bring me their heads! but unfortunately you can't do the last thing.

Did you take in to account attacks speed and stamina cost?
Yep the maces still seem better minus being a bit stamina heavy when it power stance.

Audioboxer

After playing 20+h with a high Intelligence and Faith build I'm thinking about reallocating my points back to Strength and Dexterity. Seems much more useful, even in co-op, where I can stay far from the fight with bosses and casting spells now, but the damage I do, most of the times is negligible.

Not to mention PvP. It is better to be fast and nimble and being able to handle a weapon that does a lot of damage than expecting players will be bad enough to not be able to dodge your spell. I don't know... I'm just not happy with it. And with the amount of points I would save by not having to allocate anything to Attunement I could beef up my Vitality or my HP.

Getting a bit bored of my hex character as well, but I need to make it to new game++ for my plat first as the only 3 trophies I'm missing now are for the spells. Have all the spells apart from the lost sinner soul one (flame weapon), the bell bro covenant (will do offline) and then the spells you need to buy from new game ++.

Wanting to go all out STR or STR/Dex to try out heavier armour and weapons. As I'm a sorcerer right now the best thing to do is start a NG. Too many points wasted in INT to respec. Currently working through NG+.

Mistel

Banned
Wait, you need to wear the ring? It doesn't say that in the description so I just never put it back on after getting better rings.
It's in the Guardian's Seal description:
Ring of the Blue Sentinel covenant.

Join this covenant and wear this ring
to be automatically summoned
to the worlds of blue apostles
who have been invaded by dark spirits.

The ring is engraved with the crest of the
Way of Blue, symbolizing the dignified oath to
protect each world's master from dark spirits.
http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/guardian-s-seal

Mistel

Banned
No, I mean the Way of the Blue covenant.
Blue Seal:
Ring of the Way of Blue covenant.
Increases HP slightly.

The Way of Blue is not a developed religion. It is a humble prayer that spread naturally amongst those seeking help.

When apostles of Blue are invaded by dark spirits, they can receive assistance from masters of other worlds.
http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/blue-seal
I barely get summoned as it is. Maybe three times in 3 hour play session lol.
I left it about 8 hours in the belfry for about 3 nights so that's a whole day for those.

Bowler

You know what's weird... I am on a few different forums, mainly age targeted gaming forums, but what's weird, is im the only Fucker that plays these games.

Here I feel at home with the lore, these other places, you know I'll tell the prepare to casul joke, or wt right yo bitchs. They just don't understand.

When I post there that the smelter demon is a complete fucking douchebag, I get responses like "is that something from world of warcraft?" I'm like "NO that's not from fucking wow. Jesus... praise the sun and git gud"

Do I have a social problem?

Just wanted to say I really like the thread title lol.

Got 100% Achievements the other day so I'm pretty happy with it. :D

That's Demon's Platinum, Dark 100% and now Dark II 100%. Love these games so much.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Read this on another forum and I'm going to give it a go:

I'm going to leave the PS3 on overnight as a member of the bellfry covenant and with the Belltower ring equiped.
I'm sure I'll get demolished plenty of times but once in a while I'll get a free kill from other phantoms winning or environmental kills.

Let's see how many free chunks this nets me without having to do anything myself..
Please update us with the results. Sounds quit interesting.

edit
Oh, you already did.

Mistel

Banned
Weird. Oh well.
I know even with lower damage it's got A/B scaling at +5 with about 30/20 on my co-op character it's still worse damage wise overall other than faster to attack. With my maces with B/E scaling hit harder than they ever will.

It's going to be hilarious when I get two dragon tooth's on this one as I'll be able to use them at the same time if I set myself up properly.

This issue with bows is really off-putting -_-
It is if your dead set on using a bow go get a Alonee Greatbow and kill everything with a couple of great arrows it's worth the practice to get decent at using it.

Arjen

Really guys, leaving your console running just for a few chunks and an achievement?
Kids these days.

Okay, for the record you CANNOT burn an ascetic at the Majula bonfire and have the soul vessel respawn. The skeletons come back but the chest stays open.

Thankfully there are other ways to get soul vessels... (late game spoiler)

Burn an ascetic at the fourth bonfire in the Forest of Fallen Giants and all the giant memories reset, allowing you to go into that one near the Pursuer fight and pick up the vessel in there as many times as you like.

Audioboxer

Okay, for the record you CANNOT burn an ascetic at the Majula bonfire and have the soul vessel respawn. The skeletons come back but the chest stays open.

Burn an ascetic at the fourth bonfire in the Forest of Fallen Giants and all the giant memories reset, allowing you to go into that one near the Pursuer fight and pick up the vessel in there as many times as you like.

Any metal chest won't respawn, only the wooden ones do.

LiK

PM the numbers to fix later today

89pmf.png

I'm finally first! Excellent.

E92 M3

Why is it when I tried it there was no soul vessel, only the hero souls respawned?

demidar

I know even with lower damage it's got A/B scaling at +5 with about 30/20 on my co-op character it's still worse damage wise overall other than faster to attack. With my maces with B/E scaling hit harder than they ever will.

It's going to be hilarious when I get two dragon tooth's on this one as I'll be able to use them at the same time if I set myself up properly.

Well that sucks. Also apparently Dex scaling gives less damage than Str scaling with equal Dmg BNS. What a kick in the teeth.

bhytre

I bet spamming hexers are in tears when I pop out my Rebel's Greatshield infused with dark (100% dark protection, 90% for magic, fire & lightning).
It pays off carrying a second shield.
Tommy-Wiseau.jpg

I'm thinking of picking this up for PC but the thought of losing max HP every time I die is a little off putting. Is it that big of a deal gaf?

Mistel

Banned
Well that sucks. Also apparently Dex scaling gives less damage than Str scaling with equal Dmg BNS. What a kick in the teeth.
It truly is I'm keeping dex low most likely. It's not going to help much other than on a bleed infused set of morningstars. Or I whack poison on a mace or two. As with the right weapons it's strength the whole way really.

Why is it when I tried it there was no soul vessel, only the hero souls respawned?

I have no idea... Maybe try quitting and reloading the game after using the ascetic?

Also, buffs + infusion = nuts. At the minimum stats for the Claymore (20 str 13 dex) if I infuse it with dark and then use Resonant weapon on it I hit for like 700 damage. I hope they do something to the str and dex scaling to make it more comparable to buffs and magic.

Ferr986

I'm thinking of picking this up for PC but the thought of losing max HP every time I die is a little off putting. Is it that big of a deal gaf?

Theres a ring very early on that makes HP lose at only 25%max.
Also, everytime you coop you get back as human, and theres a lot of coop going on.

Mogwai

You can get a ring that lets you ignore that HP loss from hollowing almost completely. Don't skip the game :)

No. There are plenty of items that restore you to full HP and there's a ring available early on that basically nullifies the effect.

Mistel

Banned
You can get a ring that lets you ignore that HP loss from hollowing almost completely. Don't skip the game :)
And in the area after that there's a ring that means you'll never loose souls or humanity once you die. You just get it fixed and you're away again.

demidar

It truly is I'm keeping dex low most likely. It's not going to help much other than on a bleed infused set of morningstars. Or I whack poison on a mace or two. As with the right weapons it's strength the whole way really.

Well since I'm pure melee (aside from getting the stats for Flame Weapon), I don't really have anywhere else to put those points. Right now I'm just pumping up stamina and equip load, once I hit the soft cap for those it's probably just gonna go back in to strength/dexterity.

marrec

Banned
Heeey, so I picked this up for the 360 last week and realized after that it has that multiplayer stuff. The problem is I don't have a subscription to Xbox Live. Is the multiplayer essential to the experience enough that I should subscribe again to that joke of a service?

Strength scaling rate of A gives roughly 3 points of attack rate per strength level; S gives 4.
Dexterity scaling rate of A gives roughly 1.6 points of attack rate per level; I don't know about S but in analogy it should give like 2 point something. This, combined with general higher base damages, means that strength weapons should potentially deal much more damage than dexterity weapons.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

DEX scales with poison, which is very useful if you go that route. I would imagine that the DPS of most DEX/Quality weapons tend to be faster than STR leaning weapons., but I could be making that up to make myself feel better.

Gattsu25

Banned
Am I a douchebag for refusing to bow to/with an invader?

Last night i got a couple of hits in during several fights because the invader tried bowing at me after invading my game.

I consider this different than dueling (like in the Iron Keep) where I make a habit to bow before and after each fight.

Am I a douchebag for refusing to bow to/with an invader?

Last night i got a couple of hits in during several fights because the invader tried bowing at me after invading my game.

I consider this different than dueling (like in the Iron Keep) where I make a habit to bow before and after each fight.

No.

Fuck bowing.

Top Bottom