• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

UPDATE: I bear great news! DS4Tool wasn't working for me, so I did some Googling and found a guide which was made for Dark Souls. I figured I'd try it for Dark Souls 2, and to my great surprise it worked!

In other words, I'm confirming that you can in-fact use your DualShock 4 to play Dark Souls 2 on PC!

Instead of using DS4Tool, download X360CE and place it in your Dark Souls 2 Game folder (for me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dark Souls II\Game). The guide is below.

http://en.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/1pluy3/how_to_use_a_dualshock_4_with_dark_souls/

God speed compatriots.
Didn't work for me with DS1 unless I missed something (can X360CE mask Dinput commands?) so YMMV. Seriously.

the best part is new games are going to need humanity to summon help for bosses

i will be waiting

You will be waiting...in your own world after all your invasion attempts fail to connect and then another Black Phantom invades you instead also trying to get to the PC noobs. XD

mxgt

Banned
Already beat the game twice on PS3, can't wait to play it through again on PC with a new character build and the 60fps.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
clearly I am the only person on Gaf that has a wired 360 controller just for the PC o_O

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
clearly I am the only person on Gaf that has a wired 360 controller just for the PC o_O

I have one! (But I lent it to a friend, now I'm hoping for stress-free PS4 pad enjoyment, too)

I have one as well.

I get the appeal of the Playstation controllers but I don't think all the hoop jumping to get them to maybe work on modern PC games is worth the trouble.
Unless Sony get's their shit straight and make an official driver I'll stick to my 360 controller.

aravuus

I have one as well.

I get the appeal of the Playstation controllers but I don't think all the hoop jumping to get them to maybe work on modern PC games is worth the trouble.
Unless Sony get's their shit straight and make an official driver I'll stick to my 360 controller.

There's barely any hoop jumping, it's literally installing a library and running an .exe with DStool, and it doesn't "maybe work", it works flawlessly in almost every single game. It's a 1-minute job to get them work, really.

I get the appeal of plug-n-play wired X360 controller, I used to have one although now my brother uses it, but please don't downplay the unofficial drivers people have made, they're amazing

I have a wireless receiver! Way better than wired.
I dunno where you sit in relation to your PC but not having the bulge in the back and not concerning myself with charges is the bee's knees. That, and being able to use it as-is without needing to get another peripheral for PC use.

erawsd

There's barely any hoop jumping, it's literally installing a library and running an .exe with DStool, and it doesn't "maybe work", it works flawlessly in almost every single game. It's a 1-minute job to get them work, really.

I get the appeal of plug-n-play wired X360 controller, I used to have one although now my brother uses it, but please don't downplay the unofficial drivers people have made, they're amazing

Yeah, I've never had any issue using my DS3 or DS4. I recently replayed Dark Souls and it worked perfectly. The few minutes it takes to download and install the package is def less effort than spending $40 for extra Xbox controller that I would only ever use for PC games. Added bonus being that I prefer the DS4 to the Xbox pad.

UrbanRats

I'm thinking of pulling the plug on Nuuvem's.
I was waiting for a good sale on steam, but 27€ compared to the 49€ of the full price, is already better than i'll probably see in all of 2014's sales,

Don't know.

EDIT: Dun dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

neoemonk

I got a $50 Steam card back at Christmas that I've been sitting on for Dark Souls 2. Now I'm reconsidering spending real money on a GMG discounted version and blowing that $50 on a Steam sale instead. Tough choice.

-MD-

I got a $50 Steam card back at Christmas that I've been sitting on for Dark Souls 2. Now I'm reconsidering spending real money on a GMG discounted version and blowing that $50 on a Steam sale instead. Tough choice.

Save that card for the next sale imo.

A couple of pages back a bunch of posters were just about to give up on the thought of using their DS4s on Dark Souls 2 until a poster found a workaround.

I appreciate the work people have made to get those controllers working on PC but I'm just saying I would take the simplicity of plugging in my 360 controller without fear of failure over using wrappers and apps like Xboxce.

The_Monk

Is it... middle of May already my good people?

I need this. I have some sort of problem going back to some of my previous games when I finished Dark Souls and while I'm having fun with other games or even genres, Dark Souls II is the game that I want to play now, it's the sort of unique gameplay I'm really eager to jump in again.

I haven't seen it at first, but the minimum requirements are stupid, I mean for the GPU. They say 9600GT for Nvidia... but HD5870 for AMD. I mean, 9600GT is far from a HD5870.
Worse than that, They recommend an HD6870... which perform slightly less than HD5870 haha :p

Thrakier

Is it... middle of May already my good people?

I need this. I have some sort of problem going back to some of my previous games when I finished Dark Souls and while I'm having fun with other games or even genres, Dark Souls II is the game that I want to play now, it's the sort of unique gameplay I'm really eager to jump in again.

Dude...it's April.

Losing hope of they doing a preload, launch day is going to be painful with my slow internet.

We're still 6 days away. If we don't get codes by tues I doubt we'll get it.

Did DaS have one? I can't imagine them being reluctant to do so when reviewers have had their copies and the game itself has been out for like a month.

I have one as well.

Hoops?

Sync via bluetooth, load tray tool, press PS button.

Shows up as 360 pad, done.

nbthedude

I have one as well.

I have a 360 controller and a PS4. For me it's just a matter of the hoops as well. Plus not having a blutooth dongle for my PC (I assume that's what PS4 uses).

I would have never used PS3 controller for Dark Souls. Yeah the d-pad is way better but the triggers and analog on PS3 are way worse and that's far more important than menu navigation.

PS4 controller, however, I'd probably check out if it wasn't such a hassle.

AHA-Lambda

They've always sent them before release for anything I've ever preordered from them. The closest call was bf4 and that was a day before release.

I'm just wondering if they are getting their keys from retail boxes though. Would mean I'd wait an extra week cos of the retail delay in the UK :/

We're still 6 days away. If we don't get codes by tues I doubt we'll get it.

Did DaS have one? I can't imagine them being reluctant to do so when reviewers have had their copies and the game itself has been out for like a month.

Yeah, DS1 had a pre-load. Not sure how long before release though,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom