• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

Has ANYONE get their DS4 controller to work?!

Yeah. I probably posted like 8 times in this thread how I got it working and I'm not the only one :p

With Xinputwrapper, make sure "hide DS4" is checked. Make sure nothing else that could be identified as a controller is plugged in. Restart the program before you launch Steam.

Where did you get that? Neither part is really true.
It doesn't work on "every" DX9 32 bit game, just quite a few of them. And you still edit the settings in a configuration file, because writing GUIs is boring. There's a GUI for launching/enabling it though.

ooops, thats what I got from skimming the article in your website, just realized that the GUI in it is The Witcher 2's, sorry :(

Durante

ooops, thats what I got from skimming the article in your website, just realized that the GUI in it is The Witcher 2's, sorry :(
No problem! I just want to make very clear what it does and doesn't do so people aren't disappointed.

I am getting alot of input delay, anyone else?
Never noticed any at all, and I'm very sensitive to input lag.

(Of course, some actions taking some uninterruptible time and queuing further actions is a Souls gameplay feature, not input lag)

Guys, do you think I'm ready for DaS2?

5glImjh.jpg

'cause I think I'm ready.

Was that your first playthrough?

What SL did everyone get to when they beat the game? I'm seeing 100s but I'm pretty sure I only beat the game on like SL 60?

Damn, game crashes on start up :(

AMD 7870 XT. Latest beta drivers.

No news on a fix I presume? If this is as wide spread as it first appears, they obviously didn't test it on many hardware configurations.

Grief.exe

Forgive me if that has been covered Durante, but would your tool work on games such as Call of Cthulhu or Max Payne that are stuck in a 4:3 rendering format? The latter does have an unoffical patch, but the former is out of luck.

Sullichin

No news on a fix I presume? If this is as wide spread as it first appears, they obviously didn't test it on many hardware configurations.

Literally everyone here with this problem unlocked the game with a VPN and no one with early access (that I know of) has mentioned this problem in this thread. Game works fine on HD7950. I think you'll just have to wait for it to be unlocked.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tears of joy are coming
While wishing for hope at the bonfire
With the darkest of souls returning
I shall seek the Zen I so long desire.

Because harsh is the path
And long is the road
But rather a swordless prince
Than a cursed undead toad.

So join me in my Story
It will be one of a kind
This road will lead to glory
With GAFfers always on my mind!
FUCK YES, this is awesome

Durante

I won't answer any GeDoSaTo questions in this thread anymore, there really should be a separate one for that, this is the Dark Souls 2 thread after all.

mario_O

Had the same problem with a 7970, changed cable from hdmi to dvi and it worked. Might wanna try that.

Sullichin

Since this is very early and probably done in a fairly short space of time, and, could be updated over the coming days what might he be able to accomplish in 3 to 6 months time ??

This is not indicative of anything. You can throw SweetFX into any DX game the second it comes out.

didamangi

Literally everyone here with this problem unlocked the game with a VPN and no one with early access (that I know of) has mentioned this problem in this thread. Game works fine on HD7950. I think you'll just have to wait for it to be unlocked.

I hope so but I doubt it, some users on the steam discussion made it work by changing connections type, one from hdmi to dvi, the other from dvi to hdmi to get the game to load. Hope there's a fix soon for us that can't do that.

Zemm

I highly doubt it's because of the VPN stuff when others who have used it are fine. I'd bet there's some sort of configuration/process that is crashing the game for people with that process running. They better be quick with a fix.

Mkilbride

Banned
I am already in-game, doing the tutorial, made my clas sdescision, and no pre-order items. I did pre-order, from GMG, and was promised the shiz.

Grief.exe

I am already in-game, doing the tutorial, made my clas sdescision, and no pre-order items. I did pre-order, from GMG, and was promised the shiz.

I believe they come from a merchant down the line.

I highly doubt it's because of the VPN stuff when others who have used it are fine. I'd bet there's some sort of configuration/process that is crashing the game for people with that process running. They better be quick with a fix.

Explains why From wanted to launch in the smaller market of Japan to test the waters first. Little did they know about our sneaky VPNs.

Sullichin

Did you get a separate key for the DLC items?

I believe they come from a merchant down the line.

If you have the DLC they should unlock shortly after making your character. I never redeemed it because it seems like it would be weird to get like 5 weapons every time I start the game that I wouldn't use.
Does SweetFX work with AMD cards?
Yep

Temidien

Neo Member
Folks who have played the PS3/360 versions: Would you please share some early tips, don't-blink-or-you'll-miss item locations for those who want them (with spoiler tags, of course)? DS-noob build suggestions would also be really appreciated :)

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So who wants to take bets for how long until cheaters make the online aspect annoying as all fuck? :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom