• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

I really don't see that. The character animations are slightly less impressive visually since they now adapt far more gradually to stats and carry weight, but that's a tradeoff for better gameplay. Enemy animations seem on par with DS1.

And cloth animations are much improved :p
My post probably didn't make it clear but I was talking just about the player character's running animations, looks very unnatural and goofy imo.

Vaporak

How are some of you playing the game already?

The game is unlocked in Japan already, so useing a VPN with a japanese IP gets the steam client to unlock DS2. Then it's just offline mode or continue with the VPN until the official release in your area. There was a short guide a couple pages back on how to do it.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Pls drop that white hot fiyah this afternoon Durante.

Drop that shit like it's HOT so I can burn myself this afternoon.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Wow! Who would do such a thing :lol Sounds like someone who people need to stay away from!

Yoshi, you're one scary scary
lovely
person. Your Diablo 3 picture still makes me laugh :p

Also, let's do this:

YuGFtua.jpg

Speaking about clutter, you shouldn't clutter your game directory with SweetFX, unless you really want to use it in the next hour or two :p

HkQCIml.gif

Garcia

If things go as they should, I will be back home by the time the counter reaches zero. Hope I get in time to do some FoFG jolly Co-op :D.
t1398376800z2.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My stomach

It can't handle this

Sullichin

My post probably didn't make it clear but I was talking just about the player character's running animations, looks very unnatural and goofy imo.

I think the running animation looks fine but sometimes jumps look really weird, like you're being held up with strings. The cheesy sound effect doesn't help. But overall I think the animations are much better than the first game.

creyas

I'm so ready. Beat the game last week on PS3 but straight up hyped to play it on PC. I've got something else lined up for tomorrow though so i have to wait till Saturday to fire it up. Got my new bluetooth adapter and set up DS4, tested it with DkS1. Hope it'll work fine.

GeDoSaTo/DS2Fix
out tomorrow pls

Speaking about clutter, you shouldn't clutter your game directory with SweetFX, unless you really want to use it in the next hour or two :p

0gUmskm.gif

En-ou

i'm curious to know how it fares in 3D vision if anyone has that set up and unlocked it. hopefully i dont have to wait for a helix fix.

Gbraga

Oh, that's right, the character creation is supposed to be better, right? I guess I won't spend much time playing then if it takes me as long to make my girl as it took in Final Fantasy XIV (and she ended up looking quite generic >_<)

Congratulations, good lord. I can't imagine beating Kalameet on SL1. You're so best.

Orayn

Silky smooth is an accurate description. A game can run at 60 FPS but still have issues with frame latency, weird judder, etc. but Dark Souls II truly feels fluid and responsive.

nbthedude

Good news: after a scary morning at the hospital due to chest pain and chills I get released 1 hour before Dark Souls with tests that came back clear.

Bad news: doc thinks this might be the early sign of Shingles.

Wounded

I don't know if this is well known, but I unlocked via VPN, then disconnected from the VPN. Game won't launch directly through Steam but if you go to the exe in the Dark Souls 2 folder it will launch from there.

Connected online and all.

BPoole

Can someone explain what GeDoSato is? Is it DS2Fix? Will it only work on Mvidia cards since downsampling is a pain with AMD?

Sullichin

Silky smooth is an accurate description. A game can run at 60 FPS but still have issues with frame latency, weird judder, etc. but Dark Souls II truly feels fluid and responsive.

It's like night and day from the console version.

Although there are some oddities that also exist in the console version. I've seen far away enemies flicker in and out of existence.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't know if this is well known, but I unlocked via VPN, then disconnected from the VPN. Game won't launch directly through Steam but if you go to the exe in the Dark Souls 2 folder it will launch from there.

Connected online and all.

There's still the matter of your status. If you're not considered "In-Game" then achievements won't unlock.

Gbraga

Too much contrast. I think it looks better without

Yup, me too. And when you consider that the HUD is messed up...

I'll take a look at Durante's new tech when it comes out, but I'll definitely pass on SweetFX and HBAO+ for now, I want that clean HUD. At least for my first playthrough.

Can someone explain what GeDoSato is? Is it DS2Fix? Will it only work on Mvidia cards since downsampling is a pain with AMD?

The idea is to make it so it won't be a pain anymore, to anyone. Just use this tool and downsample whatever you want, you won't have to depend on display configurations or game support.

It's basically Durante refusing to link the fire and becoming our true lord.

Mkilbride

Banned
Finding using the VPN pretty pointless.

You can't play online(For long, it disconnects you after 10ish minutes)

None of the pre-order stuff. No achievements, ectera..

NO ONLINE.

Plus, I just want to use my god damned controller, the KB+M controls are fucking awful. Why can't they get them right? DS2MFix needed!

But my DS4 controller isn't working, though it works in other games...

Does anyone know if Steam region locks in any way? I see Dark Souls II is available for download on Amazon Japan already.

EDIT: Nvm...download is blocked to foreign customers :/

DSfix allowed you to downsample Dark Souls 1 using settings in a text file.

GeDoSaTo will allow you to downsample any DX9 32bit game using a GUI. No more playing with drivers and hopefully if it works like DS1, it means that its card agnostic, AMD and nVidia welcomed.

The_Monk

Tears of joy are coming
While wishing for hope at the bonfire
With the darkest of souls returning
I shall seek the Zen I so long desire.

Because harsh is the path
And long is the road
But rather a swordless prince
Than a cursed undead toad.

So join me in my Story
It will be one of a kind
This road will lead to glory
With GAFfers always on my mind!

Durante

GeDoSaTo will allow you to downsample any DX9 32bit game using a GUI.
Where did you get that? Neither part is really true.
It doesn't work on "every" DX9 32 bit game, just quite a few of them. And you still edit the settings in a configuration file, because writing GUIs is boring. There's a GUI for launching/enabling it though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I must be the only person that will be happy just to run it at 1080p and 60fps "out of the box" lol. if I get that ill be the happiest guy on Gaf (no offense to Durante's obvious hard work)

AmyS

Microsoft may not agree. Considering they lost the battle in the end they may decide to either sell the whole thing away, or more likely drop a lot of money and rewriting the rules.

Redoing the rules means releasing a hardware-focused (expensive but powerful, without motion tracking of any kind) new console much earlier, so that Sony won't be prepared and won't be able to counter.

I REALLY don't think it's possible that Microsoft will simply sit and watch in the current scenario.

So, you are saying Microsoft may launch as early a fall 2017 (or more likely fall 2018) and Sony will have to answer with a PS5 that's at least as powerful if not somewhat more so, and launch it at the same time, like PS4/XBone last fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom