• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Scamco?

From made this game, they are the ones to blame for any graphical downgrades. Same as DICE over and over screwed their customers (EA wasn't always with dice)

Scamco, as the publisher, is the one with Steam Partners access (unless FROM was brought into the fold), so it's the one that makes changes to the game's app/subs. I wasn't referring to the downgrade in any sense, just making the point that the patch data could have been added to the pre-load to avoid users having to download it upon unlock.

Levyne

Banned
I hate to clutter the thread with more sweetfx stuff, but basically you just copy the preset file and override the settings file, placed within the dark souls 2 directory location, right?

greenfish

Banned
No one's talking about graphical downgrades. The patch has nothing to do with that.

I know that, but she said "scamco" rolling out a patch after isn't that big of a deal. So I assumed she was talking about the massive downgrade?

Scamco, as the publisher, is the one with Steam Partners access (unless FROM was brought into the fold), so it's the one that makes changes to the game's app/subs. I wasn't referring to the downgrade in any sense, just making the point that the patch data could have been added to the pre-load to avoid users having to download it upon unlock.

Ah sorry, just misread your post!

didamangi

Hope you guys aren't one of the few unlucky ones like me. Still can't get the game to work :(

fVVom0w.jpg

Yeah...the problem seems to be the HDMI cable..I hooked my PC to the plasma TV using DVI and now it works.

Damn, only have hdmi connection on my monitor if that's the case, wth is this?

Durante

I hate to clutter the thread with more sweetfx stuff, but basically you just copy the preset file and override the settings file, placed within the dark souls 2 directory location, right?
Speaking about clutter, you shouldn't clutter your game directory with SweetFX, unless you really want to use it in the next hour or two :p

eot

Banned
How long did it take you guys to activate the game through a VPN? At the rate it's going for me I think it might be done by the time it's released in the rest of the world.

Rich!

Hope you guys aren't one of the few unlucky ones like me. Still can't get the game to work :(

Damn, only have hdmi connection on my monitor if that's the case, wth is this?

yep, same issue with me...and it's not HDMI related - I've tried both my connections - DVI and HDMI (tv and monitor). Going to just wait until the western release now.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I am insulted.
I am Austrian.
Austria is also CET.

HBAO+ was from ~50% GPU usage to ~60% or so. 4xSGSSAA was from ~60% at 60 FPS to 100% at 40-60 FPS.
I knew only our fine country can bring forth such genius.
/joke

Servus!

Matteoj8

I am insulted.
I am Austrian.
Austria is also CET.

HBAO+ was from ~50% GPU usage to ~60% or so. 4xSGSSAA was from ~60% at 60 FPS to 100% at 40-60 FPS.

Hail to the King!

Also, in your PC Gamer article, you are able to choose greater resolutions than 1080p...if you're still around Durante, or if anyone else knows how to do this, that would be much appreciated :)

feel

Running around the starting area, HOLY SHIT these animations are bad. How can you go from some of the best in the business to this.

Durante

By the way, I would appreciate if someone could make a GeDoSaTo thread, at least once its released. It would be better to keep this thread cleaner for actual Dark Souls 2 game discussion (because I am quite sure there will be questions/bugs/discussion about GeDoSaTo, and not just related to DS2).

Running around the starting area, HOLY SHIT these animations are bad. How can you go from some of the best in the business to this.
I really don't see that. The character animations are slightly less impressive visually since they now adapt far more gradually to stats and carry weight, but that's a tradeoff for better gameplay. Enemy animations seem on par with DS1.

And cloth animations are much improved :p

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Do the controls feel a bit off for anyone else?

I feel like I may be getting deadzone issues with my wireless 360 pad.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wish I could find that GAFfer that was so hyped in the Dark Souls thread couple of years ago that when he tried to put a real sword in the middle of his couch's cushions to copy a bonfire he made a little cut in his own hand! Anyone remembers that? :0
Wow! Who would do such a thing :lol Sounds like someone who people need to stay away from!

By the way, I would appreciate if someone could make a GeDoSaTo thread, at least once its released. It would be better to keep this thread cleaner for actual Dark Souls 2 game discussion (because I am quite sure there will be questions/bugs/discussion about GeDoSaTo, and not just related to DS2).

So I guess GeDoSaTo is what you are releasing??

Thank god, Downsampling without the headaches, thank you, I dreamed about this ever since I saw how easy it was to downsample using DSFix.

DS1 is the only game I have been able to downsample because of DSFix, I cant wait to try other games!!!!!

HRose

Banned
PS5 probably won't arrive til fall 2019.

Microsoft may not agree. Considering they lost the battle in the end they may decide to either sell the whole thing away, or more likely drop a lot of money and rewriting the rules.

Redoing the rules means releasing a hardware-focused (expensive but powerful, without motion tracking of any kind) new console much earlier, so that Sony won't be prepared and won't be able to counter.

I REALLY don't think it's possible that Microsoft will simply sit and watch in the current scenario.

Sullichin

It's an improvement to the vanilla HUD imo

Clearly you would think so if you used it! Just not my thing. I guess it does make your HP/Stamina much more visible at a glance.

Speaking of HUD, the damage indicators over an enemy look SO much better in the PC version. Sharper, smaller text. It's the little things!

Orayn

Successfully VPN unlocked, was able to launch the game with Steam in offline mode. AMD, HD7870, recent-ish beta drivers.

Currently getting King's Field vibes from the main menu music.

3QmOuGC.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom