• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does anyone have the stats needed for the pre-order weapons/shields?

masterkajo

I liked using Pyromancer in Dark Souls, a bit of fire magic was good and using some magic to heal every now and then was also a great plus. For fighting purposes I was melee 99% of time. I only used those fire spells at the very start and any healing spells were very helpful to me as well during most of the game.

Is any similar Class to what I'm looking for? Is Cleric the best Pyromancer or this does not make sense at all? Thanks in advance.

I played Wanderer in DS1 and then got me the Pyromancy Glove for some fireballs and Power Within. I plan to start as a Swordsman and hope (don't know anything about the game) to find such a nice Pyromancy Glove again.

LeBart

UNLOCKING NOW

Oh my god you're right!
6bl4fZU.gif

Edit: Oh you mother...

I caved. Been a souls fan since DeS, even imported it before it got a western release. I have been on a media blackout and wanted to wait for a sale. But I just couldn't.

We preload now.

Umbasa.

Ok this question is probably going to sound asinine to all you knowledgeable dudes out there. I downloaded and unzipped SweetFX. Now what? There no executable file in the folder. Do I place this file somewhere????

Garcia

If you have two outputs see my post earlier for a fix that seems to work. Basically start the game with a DVI lead then switch to HDMI. Game proper seems to work fine with HDMI, it just has trouble starting :S

Thanks for the tip, will do that if I get a crash!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't know if I should bother with GeDoSaTo if I'm just running a 560Ti. May just run it vanilla.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
does anyone have the stats needed for the pre-order weapons/shields?
Checking out a video and typing (the weapons) down manually:

Flamestone Dagger: Str 10, Dex 12
Quartz Longsword: Str 13, Dex 8
Hand Axe: Str 15, Dex 7
Homunculus Mace: Str 14, Dex 9
Transgressor's Staff: Int 15, Fth 12

HRose

Banned
Uhm, if the LOD is "fixed" why the hell the two sample pictures in the OP of the new DS2fix the LOD is suddenly improved?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Checking out a video and typing (the weapons) down manually:

Flamestone Dagger: Str 10, Dex 12
Quartz Longsword: Str 13, Dex 8
Hand Axe: Str 15, Dex 7
Homunculus Mace: Str 14, Dex 9
Transgressor's Staff: Int 15, Fth 12

hmm think ill go with Warrior instead of Knight then

Oh yay, need to map the DS3 icons to the XBOX icons in the game. This is going to cause one or two stupid deaths, I can already tell. Not used to XBox really.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
While my first Demon's and Dark Souls characters were straightforward in terms of picking the class I ultimately wanted them to play like, all the ones I've created since have gone wildly astray from their "intended" class and wound up with erratic (and fun) sets of abilities by the end. I think this time I feel like playing a "Cleric" who is secretly an assassin and infiltrated a monastery for nefarious reasons.

Sanctuary

pyromancy scales with INT now like Sorcery does, in DS1 Pyro didnt scale with anything except DEX for casting speed (which is why you could be high DEX for melee and still be a kick ass pyro)

It scales with your fire damage bonus, which is the same from INT or FA.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
200 hours on PS3. Was going to pass on PC this time around, but caved!

200 more hours INCOMING!
Technically, 400 more hours. Twice the framerate.

Hurr, hurr, hurr!

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
My PC friends, prepare for greatness!

Perhaps you've seen it, maybe in a dream.

A murky, forgotten land...

The_Monk

I'll help you set up your stream if you want, fellow GAFfer!

I can try it later on, but I think the issue is related with my bad upload speed. Download is really good but it's something that it does not have an impact. If you can drop me a PM so I don't forget and I'll gladly accept your help!

I played Wanderer in DS1 and then got me the Pyromancy Glove for some fireballs and Power Within. I plan to start as a Swordsman and hope (don't know anything about the game) to find such a nice Pyromancy Glove again.

Cool, will check it out!

masterkajo

Gonna try it out with a 7870 lol. See if i can still rock 60 fps with some settings tweak, if not ill just go back to default.

7850 here. If downsampling causes too much of a framerate drop I will revert back to native 1080p. But at least I can use SMAA and SweetFX without any hassle all from one nicely written ini file like I am used to from DSfix. It is a glorious day, indeed.

Rich!

So. This game just unlocked here in the UK. Fresh install.

STILL CRASHES UPON LAUNCH.

Who was it who said it was my fault for using a VPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom