• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

onionfrog

WOOOOOO!
Finally beat D
ragonslayer Armor
at soul level 1!

That fight is so much more intense at SL1!

Only two mandatory bosses to go!

kaos.

WOOOOOO!
Finally beat D
ragonslayer Armor
at soul level 1!

That fight is so much more intense at SL1!

Only two mandatory bosses to go!

Congrats! :)
If you beat
champion gundyr
you could use the prisoner's chain to simplify the next fights a bit!

I made a new character (again) and god damn it makes me realize how spoiled I got on my NG++ character who's SL120 and has max estus, +10 weapons, all the best rings, and basically unlimited amounts of consumables. NG is the real deal; I forgot how ridiculous it is to fight those first Lothric Knights, and what it feels like only having 12 endurance, and how little the un-upgraded estus flask heals.

Joeku

So I avoided it in my first run but now on my second character I have reached
King of the Storm/The Nameless King
and I just want to say the camera in the first part is a hot load of garbage, locked on or not. Unless there's something I'm missing.

onionfrog

Congrats! :)
If you beat
champion gundyr
you could use the prisoner's chain to simplify the next fights a bit!
I might have to go do that.

It probably won't help that I've never gone through the consumed kings garden or untended graves on any of my previous characters!
:p

kaos.

I might have to go do that.

It probably won't help that I've never gone through the consumed kings garden or untended graves on any of my previous characters!
:p

During my SL1, i beat champion gundyr early because i wanted to collect some stuff... and prisoner's chain was among these... but then... I completely forgot to transmute it! xD
I fought only the last boss using that ring... NK would have been a lot simpler with prisoner's chain... :-(

Irithyll difficulty spike is REAL. Brace yourself and just run to the next bonfire - they are not that far apart. I found it easier than trying to kill everything on the way to it - always better to backtrack a bit.
Those Pontiff Knights hit like a truck, until you beat the area and come back with more upgraded shit.
Hehe, yeah there's a pretty noticeable spike in difficulty there. Pretty much every single enemy there is deadly. Those Pontiff Knights and Fire Witches are straight up assholes. And oh man, just wait until you get to the boss. ;)
The boss is hard but not impossible. Just raise your shield, circle strafe and fight him by the stairs. Second phase was a bit difficult, but it's still doable. Just have to time it right.

Caja 117

I swear you really need a +6 weapon in that area. Splitting numerous Large Titanite Shards between 2 weapons did not help me at all. I think once you find the Eastern Ashes you can buy them at least...which is well after that part sadly.

Irithyll difficulty spike is REAL. Brace yourself and just run to the next bonfire - they are not that far apart. I found it easier than trying to kill everything on the way to it - always better to backtrack a bit.

Hehe, yeah there's a pretty noticeable spike in difficulty there. Pretty much every single enemy there is deadly. Those Pontiff Knights and Fire Witches are straight up assholes. And oh man, just wait until you get to the boss. ;)

Thanks, for a moment there I thought I just got too used to Bloodborne and was doing too much evade and not Shield to block attacks.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Lothric castle knights drop chunks fairly regularly - using the one by the first bonfire I probably got a hundred or so while I was grinding for sunlight medals.

Soulhouf

Ok, thanks. So there is no spot to farm them more efficiently than just grinding souls to buy them?

You can do both!
From 2 princes bonfire you can fight 4 Lothric Knights who drop chunks and occasionally Refined and Lightning gems. They also give a lot of souls.

smalllll dlc info..
https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4sc9ti/dark_souls_3_dlc_news_expansion_pack_will_allow/

😔😞 i want a damn release date already...
i wish they did it like ds2 dlc first came out like two months later nthen the last two the months after...
😑
Vertical sounds good.

I liked in the recent interview that he acknowledged how linear DS3 is, so I'm hoping that influences the DLC somehow, well not sure how - but it was nice to read that admission any way.

Rozart

DS3gaf, I need help. I feel like I'm at my wit's end here.

The two twin princes are whooping my ass. I've gone in with two NPC summons, one NPC summon and even tried to solo them on my own and I still end up failing miserably. The best I've done is gotten Lothric down to 1/3 his health before dying

I can't seem to reliably dodge Lorian's magic sword attack. The long-ranged one the slices through the pillars.

And when Lothric joins in the fight and they start crazily teleporting left and right, the battle gets so chaotic that I'm struggling to dodge their attacks, much less try attacking them. And I always keep killing Lorian instead and after the second/third time Lothric revives him I just get super sloppy.

This fight is nearing OOK levels of frustration for me. Everyone talks about the Nameless King but why does nobody talk about these teleporting assholes. Need helpful tips pls.

RiggyRob

Unlocked
Vordt
's and the
Curse-Rotted Greatwood
's boss weapons with the Transposing Kiln: https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLnhwVsYSH1o1jW-5r-UfCbFz4VcQalzj5&v=Z6pFADgDYqs

I'm slightly wary of spending boss souls now in case there happens to be a vendor that is somehow even better than Ludleth is, like Ornifex vs. Straid in DS2, especially when some of the stuff costs 0 souls.

The Pontiff's eye sounds cool though, almost like they're trying to match Bloodborne's rally/regain-HP-with-attacks system.

How come
Iudex Gundyr
's soul doesn't give you anything to transpose into?

Ethelwulf

Gaf,
So I'm going quality build for my first playthrough (currently at the catacombs). I'm using the Lothric Knight Sword and plan to go 27/40dex. Should I infuse it with refined or sharp? Also, is it worth going 40/40 or 27/40 is enough?

Caja 117

So, Yesterday I reached Irithyl Dungeon...I mean, How deep this thing goes, lol? I decided to turn back after
a giant was blocking my path
Im very low on Embers, so I didnt want to just loose my life there.

BTW, how is the player population on consoles? While I know it was 3 Last night I left a whitesign, and Wasn't summoned after 10 minutes of waiting.

Currently I'm farming mound makers summons at the fire at anor Londo, and farming Concordes while I wait for summons. Both are very slow processes lol but is this basically the most efficient way to do it? I figure the invasions split up the monotony a little, they aren't always easy to win though lol. I figure an hour or two of this each day for a week will do it ...I'm def never going to get that wolf convenant leveled up though I've got summoned like once for that

Ostinatto

I'm doing a level 1 weapon run, im stuck at Dragonslayer Armour, whats the best weapon enchant for this guy?

im doing 83 damage per struck with the Raw Uchigatana with magic enchant.

So, Yesterday I reached Irithyl Dungeon...I mean, How deep this thing goes, lol? I decided to turn back after
a giant was blocking my path
Im very low on Embers, so I didnt want to just loose my life there.

BTW, how is the player population on consoles? While I know it was 3 Last night I left a whitesign, and Wasn't summoned after 10 minutes of waiting.
Got there recently, got killed by a wannabe Mind Flayer and just turned the game off afterwards.

Caja 117

Got there recently, got killed by a wannabe Mind Flayer and just turned the game off afterwards.

I guess I shouls stick for Boreal Valley for now then...

I also was thinking of creating my ever first STR build, I want to create a pure tank, no Magic, possible just a bit of Faith for Cleric magic for heal.

Tarkus

I guess I shouls stick for Boreal Valley for now then...

I also was thinking of creating my ever first STR build, I want to create a pure tank, no Magic, possible just a bit of Faith for Cleric magic for heal.
It's probably best to spend all of your souls and go through the dungeon a few times so you know the locations of all the jailers. They're not bad after you know where they are. Don't let the front of their body be directed towards you or your HP will be drained. They can't kill you with that curse thing though.

Does anyone know of a good place to do some trading on PC? I was wanting to find another of the
Twins Princes'
greatswords before ng+.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Unlocked
Vordt
's and the
Curse-Rotted Greatwood
's boss weapons with the Transposing Kiln: https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLnhwVsYSH1o1jW-5r-UfCbFz4VcQalzj5&v=Z6pFADgDYqs

I'm slightly wary of spending boss souls now in case there happens to be a vendor that is somehow even better than Ludleth is, like Ornifex vs. Straid in DS2, especially when some of the stuff costs 0 souls.

The Pontiff's eye sounds cool though, almost like they're trying to match Bloodborne's rally/regain-HP-with-attacks system.

How come
Iudex Gundyr
's soul doesn't give you anything to transpose into?
You don't get a soul for that specific encounter. And there is no other soul weapon vendor. Maybe there will be in the DLC, but it will probably just be for DLC boss souls.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Hey guys did they patch out party chat on PS4? A buddy and I have been co-oping the game. We started around June 28th where it was working fine then we took a week and a half off. When we started back the Party Chat stops working once we summon each other and we have to resort to in-game chat. I glanced over patch notes and didnt see anything specific to Party Chat unless I'm blind.

RiggyRob

You don't get a soul for that specific encounter. And there is no other soul weapon vendor. Maybe there will be in the DLC, but it will probably just be for DLC boss souls.

Ah you're right! I just assumed you did because he was a boss, but to be fair he is before Firelink Shrine, so I guess that's why.

Has there been any update as to when the DLC would possibly come out? Last I heard was 2017, but nothing more definite than that.

There's a
group of those goddam Jailers
. It took me several tries to clear that area, and I had to take a breather inbetween as it was starting to piss me off.
I might have seen that in ENB's playthrough...I don't think he really enjoyed this area too much.

Top Bottom