• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Arjen

I wish people would stop constantly complaining about the tedious covenant farming they are inflicting on themselves. You don't have to do it. Just stahp

I know I know. I hate myself for it. I thought I'd make it fun by doing some invasions at the same time with the intention of leaving stuff behind I don't need. But I get smashed into oblivion as I wave and enter my menu :(

Farming Sunlight Medals is kickass because you get to fight cool bosses and hear awesome music and feel like an utter choad when you accidentally die to something you've killed over and over again.

Farming blue ears means sitting on your ass waiting for a summon (has yet to happen once for me) or shoving swords into the backs of Silver Knights.
I'm doing it all offline :(

ENB is still oblivious to the D
ragonslayer
A
rmour
bonfire. Man, if he just explored up there then he would remember. Breaking his own rules.

Oh man, I saw that he wasn't using that bonfire (or the one right after). He never activated either of them even after a new vid?

explodet

I'm doing it all offline :(
I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you take solace in the fact that you'll never have to experience being ganked 3 on 1 trying to farm Pale Tongues.

tumblr_o62bw0FBC81qep3h6o1_500.jpg

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I wish people won't stop complaining until the game works as intented for everyone.
Covenants not working is a legit complaint. I'd love to be a Darkmoon and help questers fend off invaders and I can't and that sucks.

But people are offline-grinding out the covenants just for the meaningless trophy/achievement, not for the actual spell/item it gives (which are almost all crap/useless), which is entirely self-inflicted boredom, and that's getting really annoying.

Skii

Ideas for my second playthrough?

I went strength during my first run but I pretty much bottled it and went with the broadsword for the entire game. Think it made it way too easy for me. I'm used to fat rolling/tanking everything lol.

I'm thinking Dex+pyromancy but that might be a bit too similar to broadsword.

Could do a strength run again but only use an ultra great sword the moment I get one and stick with it.

Ideas for my second playthrough?

I went strength during my first run but I pretty much bottled it and went with the broadsword for the entire game. Think it made it way too easy for me. I'm used to fat rolling/tanking everything lol.

I'm thinking Dex+pyromancy but that might be a bit too similar to broadsword.

Could do a strength run again but only use an ultra great sword the moment I get one and stick with it.

Use a whip + piromancy, bam.

Farming Sunlight Medals is kickass because you get to fight cool bosses and hear awesome music and feel like an utter choad when you accidentally die to something you've killed over and over again.

Farming blue ears means sitting on your ass waiting for a summon (has yet to happen once for me) or shoving swords into the backs of Silver Knights.

Well, when I said farming Sunlight medals I meant from mobs :p.

Getting Sunlight medals from Jolly Co-operation is super fun, and I get summoned within minutes of putting my sign down :D

LiK

it was a great episode I thought. Also he posted on twitter that he found
Untended Graves (and calls it the greatest Souls area ever which seems a little much) and Archdrago Peak

Oh wut, spoiling his own LP. Lol

Yea, good ep, I'm glad he made it to where he was before backing out.

JDB

Banned
Untended Graves (and calls it the greatest Souls area ever which seems a little much) and Archdrago Peak
I thought the episode was pretty funny.

"I don't want to fight the final boss yet and trigger NG+"
*Gets his shit pushed in by final boss*
"This can't be the final boss, this is too easy" (which doesn't make sense anyway considering previous games' final bosses)
*Gets shit on some more even with buffs and tears of denial on*
*Find out that it actually is the final boss and continues to fight him even though he doesn't want to beat him*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LiK

I thought the episode was pretty funny.

"I don't want to fight the final boss yet and trigger NG+"
*Gets his shit pushed in by final boss*
"This can't be the final boss, this is too easy" (which doesn't make sense anyway considering previous games' final bosses)
*Gets shit on some more even with buffs and tears of denial on*
*Find out that it actually is the final boss and continues to fight him even though he doesn't want to beat him*

¯_(ツ)_/¯

The sadness of going blind. I think we all asked if NG+ was automatic before we played final boss so I understand his dilemma.

Covenants not working is a legit complaint. I'd love to be a Darkmoon and help questers fend off invaders and I can't and that sucks.

But people are offline-grinding out the covenants just for the meaningless trophy/achievement, not for the actual spell/item it gives (which are almost all crap/useless), which is entirely self-inflicted boredom, and that's getting really annoying.

I do it for both. I want the spells for the achievements and also just to see what it gets me, since I don't look up what each cov gives. So when I gave me 30th bloodgrass to F
arron
and got the
Greatshield of Artorias I was super gitty, especially since I use his sword and armour :p

I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you take solace in the fact that you'll never have to experience being ganked 3 on 1 trying to farm Pale Tongues.

tumblr_o62bw0FBC81qep3h6o1_500.jpg

Just put your sign down outside of P
ontiff
. Fight clubs or 1v1 like 99% of the time, literally. I've done it over 30 times and not once was it ever a gank situation.

JDB

Banned
The sadness of going blind. I think we all asked if NG+ was automatic before we played final boss so I understand his dilemma.
It's not like it's exactly hard to figure out that it's the final area and boss. Plus, he specifically mentions that he wouldn't fight the final boss and he would teleport out, but even after he figured out it's the final boss he continues fighting it. Ah well, at least he decided to go somewhere else before beating him in the end. It's just weird.

LiK

It's not like it's exactly hard to figure out that it's the final area and boss. Plus, he specifically mentions that he wouldn't fight the final boss and he would teleport out, but even after he figured out it's the final boss we continues fighting it. Ah well, at least he decided to go somewhere else before beating him in the end. It's just weird.

The want to beat a boss was too stronk.

I'm curious if he could actually find NK blind. I wanna see him take on that boss so badly!

KingKong

Most iconic boss fight, an iconic 'fuck this' moment in the snipers and my absolute favorite moment in the series - killing Gwynevere and having it go dark

JDB

Banned
No because of those god damn archers and flying imps. Plus a lot of barren architecture that looks awkward.
It still kinda blows my mind people find the archer so difficult or annoying to deal with that it stuck with them so badly. They never hit you on the walkways if you keep running (or even walking I'm pretty sure) and the one that you need to get past basically throws himself off the ledge when you get close.

Manu

Now that the series is all but done, we should probably make a Souls Community thread and discuss the five games for this kinda stuff.

Skii

Use a whip + piromancy, bam.

Are whips as good as the threaded cane? That was a beautiful weapon.

We all agree that Anor Londo from 1 is the greatest Souls area right

If we're including Demon's... no way. Tower of Latria has everything beat. Probably my favourite level in all of gaming. It just drips atmosphere and is extremely well designed.

I also prefer Boletaria to Anor Londo as well. But I'd say it's joint third with Irithyll now. The painted world was also brilliant.

myco666

It is really bad design for people who like 100% games they like. It should be complained about since they already had a good solution for it and they just made it even worse in this game. It sours the experience for many people on this otherwise fantastic game.

Kind nice and bad to know.
Going blind into Untended Graves was pretty fucking amazing tbh.

I did get spoiled on Ar
chdragon's Peak though.

LiK

I did get spoiled on Ar
chdragon's Peak though.

i had to look up how to get to both places but i explored blind. it's fine for me that way.

Ferr986

How in the fuck someone can think that's the best area on Souls games? It's a repeat
with the skybox removed (they didnt even bother to put one).

Also, that area from that other game did it better , IMO.

Skii

I did get spoiled on Ar
chdragon's Peak though.

I couldn't connect to the internet the day I fought
Ocieros. I went to the end of the room and just thought there had to be more to it than just a gesture and just went for a strike hoping for something more. The rest is history. Loved Untended Graves because it took me until I saw the Crystal Lizards to realise it was the tutorial area again. And I love Gundyr. One of my favourite Souls bosses ever.

Finding that area without hints was something special.

Arjen

So ENB is getting the worst ending because he didn't bother exploring side areas, meanwhile complaining; this can't be the end right?
Damn dude.

Ferr986

So ENB is getting the worst ending because he didn't bother exploring side areas, meanwhile complaining; this can't be the end right?
Damn dude.

Ah come on, not fair to say he didn't bother. I'm sure a lot of people here googled how to get that third ending. And it also sucks anyways.

Arjen

Ah come on, not fair to say he didn't bother. I'm sure a lot of people here googled how to get that third ending. And it also sucks anyways.

He didn't bother to finish consumed garden. If he did he would have found a significant piece of lore. I think that's really sloppy.

Deku Tree

Dumb question but How do you let yourself be summoned for help into an area? Do you have to have beaten the boss of that area already?

^ Use the white soap stone, bought from the Shrine Handmaiden.

He didn't bother to finish consumed garden. If he did he would have found a significant piece of lore. I think that's really sloppy.
It's only a first playthrough and blind. I'm sure he'll do more playthroughs and look up what he missed.

Completely unreleased: I just randomly read someone call the rolling ball thing in Catacombs "Nito's testicle" !!

^ Use the white soap stone, bought from the Shrine Handmaiden.

It's only a first playthrough and blind. I'm sure he'll do more playthroughs and look up what he missed.

Completely unreleased: I just randomly read someone call the rolling ball thing in Catacombs "Nito's testicle" !!

Well, there are two of em...

LiK

he's gonna go back and look for the other areas, i believe. not worried about that. besides, he can still do it even after he killed the final boss.

explodet

Just put your sign down outside of P
ontiff
. Fight clubs or 1v1 like 99% of the time, literally. I've done it over 30 times and not once was it ever a gank situation.
What would you recommend for vertebrae? Every time I'm summoned to a fight club I have to beat the host or 3 phantoms personally and I get pasted before I even reach the third fight.

Top Bottom