• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

We'd need one other person. Currently my theory is that if we have three people using the same summoning password, one is the Host, one is a Red Invader, and one is a Darkmoon or Blue Senintel. We have one guy use the Red Eye Orb to invade the host and see if the Darkmoon/Sentinel gets automatically summoned to the host's world. If that does work, getting Concords won't be as much of a painful chore anymore.

Gotcha. I only have Cinder left on my SL90 (NG++), and I'm on Twin Princes on my SL1.

Not sure what difference level makes in this case though.

Gotcha. I only have Cinder left on my SL90 (NG++), and I'm on Twin Princes on my SL1.

Not sure what difference level makes in this case though.

If we use a password there is no limits for SL, the higher level just gets scaled down to match the lower level. We can try at Cinder.

GulAtiCa

Yep, on PS4. So let us know if that theory works!

If SourShoes, comes back. We could test it on PS4

Edit: Lol! Got summoned as a Blade, this is with me fully respec as +99 Luck stat. So I'm prob useless. 2 invaders. Both die, even before I know where anyone is. Hilarious. Thanks for the 2 free items! I only have 10 now, so 20 to go.

Jafku

Yep, on PS4. So let us know if that theory works!

If SourShoes, comes back. We could test it on PS4

Edit: Lol! Got summoned as a Blade, this is with me fully respec as +99 Luck stat. So I'm prob useless. 2 invaders. Both die, even before I know where anyone is. Hilarious. Thanks for the 2 free items! I only have 10 now, so 20 to go.

how many times have you been summoned?

GulAtiCa

how many times have you been summoned?

4 total. 1st time I died. I forget how, but think I fell off world? Was something dumb on my end.

2 more times I helped and won.

And just this last time. So 4 total. All across the 85+ hours I've been playing. But I'm done farming for Proofs... Just can't do it anymore. I'd rather just leave the game on and wait to be summoned and be productive elsewhere.

LiK

Vaati and TerraMantis are doing a piss poor job at releasing their lore videos when all these other lesser known YouTubers have made some pretty good lore videos themselves. Thankfully DaveControlLive started a few already.

Just did this fix and it seems to have worked. So fucking great to finally invade as a Darkmoon!

I should mention that my SL is 91 and I have a max weapon.

Vaati and TerraMantis are doing a piss poor job at releasing their lore videos when all these other lesser known YouTubers have made some pretty good lore videos themselves. Thankfully DaveControlLive started a few already.

I noticed this as well. Not sure why, but it is a stark contrast to when DS2 came out. Seems like the little guys are taking advantage of the situation.

Hi!

I just completed the game for the first time! Miyazaki and Co. did it again :)

However, I'm wondering how can I get to the bonfire in the following screenshot.

It's located in the Boreal Valley close to
Anor Londo

Thanks!

Hi!

I just completed the game for the first time! Miyazaki and Co. did it again :)

However, I'm wondering how can I get to the bonfire in the following screenshot.

It's located in the Boreal Valley close to
Anor Londo

Thanks!

Yea, all you gotta do is
if you have the staircase up just go down the stairs and walk towards that area, there's an invisible bridge. Use arrows if you're unsure, if they clank against something you're golden.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
WHAT THE FUCK!!! i got 10 proofs in ng so i need to get her 30 instead of 20...

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/New+Game+Plus

Changes with Game Plus

• Enemies have more hit points and deal increased damage.
  • Access to new rings (+1 for NG+ and +2/+3 for NG++).

What carries over to New Game Plus

• Covenant allegiance.
  • All your consumables, armor, weapons, equipment, stats.
  • Estus and bonfire updates.
  • Hollowing.
  • Friendship with Giant of the Undead Settlement (his arrows won't hurt the player, only enemies, without talking to him) as long as you keep "his" white birch branch

What doesn't carry over to New Game Plus

• All key items reset - Dark Sigils as well. This includes ashes and tomes - and all vendor wares unlocked by ashes or tomes need to be unlocked again each game cycle.
  • All shortcuts reset.
  • All discovered bonfires reset.
  • All NPCs reset (dead come to life).
  • Pickle Pee, Pump-a-Rum Crow trades reset.
  • Sky reset (no more black sun and red clouds)

To-do Checklist before New Game Plus

• Trade everything you want to trade with Pickle Pee.
  • Obtain all possible Titanite Slabs.
  • Kill off all Crystal Lizards and Ravenous Crystal Lizards.
  • Collect all Estus Shards.
  • Collect all Undead Bone Shards.
  • Defeat all Bosses and mini-bosses.
  • Buy any ore and gems that you need from upgraded vendors.
  • Infuse your weapons and upgrade them as much as you can.
  • Farm any items you may want.
  • Kill off NPCs to obtain their equipments and souls. Note: Shrine Handmaid, Blacksmith Andre, and Fire Keeper are killable, but will respawn and do not drop souls or any items. Besides killing the Handmaid will only increases the price of her wares by 20% and Andre will refuse to help you anymore.
  • Grind your covenant items (for Achievments / Trophies) in your first journey, since it is easier to defeat the enemies (or during NG+2 with Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +2 and two Crystal Sage's Rapier for better loot). Follow the tasks in the recommended order below. The Rosaria's Fingers covenant should be accessed after most other covenants as joining it locks off access to several other covenants. (Confirmed: can lock out Mound-Makers if you're trying to obtain it via the second way, with the help of Sirris.)
30 Proof of a Concord Kepts for Blade of the Darkmoon/Blue Sentinels
30 Vertebrae Shackles for Mound-Makers
10 Human Dregs for Aldritch Faithful
30 Wolf's Blood Swordgrasses for Watchdog of Farron
10 Pale Tongues for Rosaria's Fingers
30 Sunlight Medals for Warrior of Sunlight (this one should be done either at first or last task)

neoism

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/New+Game+Plus

Changes with Game Plus

• Enemies have more hit points and deal increased damage.
  • Access to new rings (+1 for NG+ and +2/+3 for NG++).

What carries over to New Game Plus

• Covenant allegiance.
  • All your consumables, armor, weapons, equipment, stats.
  • Estus and bonfire updates.
  • Hollowing.
  • Friendship with Giant of the Undead Settlement (his arrows won't hurt the player, only enemies, without talking to him) as long as you keep "his" white birch branch

What doesn't carry over to New Game Plus

• All key items reset - Dark Sigils as well. This includes ashes and tomes - and all vendor wares unlocked by ashes or tomes need to be unlocked again each game cycle.
  • All shortcuts reset.
  • All discovered bonfires reset.
  • All NPCs reset (dead come to life).
  • Pickle Pee, Pump-a-Rum Crow trades reset.
  • Sky reset (no more black sun and red clouds)

To-do Checklist before New Game Plus

• Trade everything you want to trade with Pickle Pee.
  • Obtain all possible Titanite Slabs.
  • Kill off all Crystal Lizards and Ravenous Crystal Lizards.
  • Collect all Estus Shards.
  • Collect all Undead Bone Shards.
  • Defeat all Bosses and mini-bosses.
  • Buy any ore and gems that you need from upgraded vendors.
  • Infuse your weapons and upgrade them as much as you can.
  • Farm any items you may want.
  • Kill off NPCs to obtain their equipments and souls. Note: Shrine Handmaid, Blacksmith Andre, and Fire Keeper are killable, but will respawn and do not drop souls or any items. Besides killing the Handmaid will only increases the price of her wares by 20% and Andre will refuse to help you anymore.
  • Grind your covenant items (for Achievments / Trophies) in your first journey, since it is easier to defeat the enemies (or during NG+2 with Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +2 and two Crystal Sage's Rapier for better loot). Follow the tasks in the recommended order below. The Rosaria's Fingers covenant should be accessed after most other covenants as joining it locks off access to several other covenants. (Confirmed: can lock out Mound-Makers if you're trying to obtain it via the second way, with the help of Sirris.)
30 Proof of a Concord Kepts for Blade of the Darkmoon/Blue Sentinels
30 Vertebrae Shackles for Mound-Makers
10 Human Dregs for Aldritch Faithful
30 Wolf's Blood Swordgrasses for Watchdog of Farron
10 Pale Tongues for Rosaria's Fingers
30 Sunlight Medals for Warrior of Sunlight (this one should be done either at first or last task)

yea i was just about to post the same page i thought it did seriously it would make 0 sense to reset them... lol scared me fo a min.....����

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
hey. i just started yesterday and only played an hour but i want to go with a pure strength build. Can someone point me for which weapon i should look after in the early game?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
hey. i just started yesterday and only played an hour but i want to go with a pure strength build. Can someone point me for which weapon i should look after in the early game?

Pick fire gem as your starter gift and as soon as you get to the hub infuse it to your axe, and voila, it will help you out decently at least until the Halfway Fortress area, which is the third area. Deep battle axe from the mimic under the Dragon that spew fire on you is good too, though fire battle axe will make your life easier until you find a proper strength weapon...

...which is Butcher's Knife, located in-between the Road of Sacrifice's first bonfire to Halfway Fortress. It's pure strength with A scaling at 4 (IIRC) and S scaling at 10. You can go at it even before beating the 2nd area boss, which is optional. The big enemies in the Undead Settlement also carry good strength weapons: Spiked Mace dropped by the big ladies and Great Machete dropped by the big dudes with large planks on their backs. The peasant enemies also drop Great Wooden Hammer which is another strength-focused weapon and you can also find Large Club in a hidden area on the tower that is related to a certain character's sidequest.

Unfortunately all weapons found in the Lothric area are not really "pure" Strength weapons. Even weapons that you *think* should be Strength like Claymore is Quality (Strength/Dex).

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
You think I'll be able to immediately have access to any future DLC if I start NG++ but don't get too far in? I don't remember how they've done it in past Souls games.

Vitten

I guess you guys weren't kidding that heavy, slower weapons are hard mode in this game.

Using a strenght build, I had been running through most of the game with a Heavy Greataxe which does crazy high damage but my god its swings are so slow and it drains an enitre stamina bar in only two hits.
You need to be an expert on timing your hits because enemies WILL hit you before you hit them cos the weapon swings so slowy and then there's the problem that you still get hit a lot even after you connect first cos enemies hardly ever seem to get staggered anymore. So even after you hit first it's very hard to roll away in time and avoid an enemy counter hit.

I finally decided to farm a Dark Sword to see what all the fuss is about and now it feels like I switched on Easy mode..I can quickly pull of a few fast R1s and still have oceans of time and stamina left to dance around enemies without ever getting hit.
I'm just steamrolling through the game now..

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I guess you guys weren't kidding that heavy, slower weapons are hard mode in this game.

Using a strenght build, I had been running through most of the game with a Heavy Greataxe which does crazy high damage but my god its swings are so slow and it drains an enitre stamina bar in only two hits.
You need to be an expert on timing your hits because enemies WILL hit you before you hit them cos the weapon swings so slowy and then there's the problem that you still get hit a lot even after you connect first cos enemies hardly ever seem to get staggered anymore. So even after you hit first it's very hard to roll away in time and avoid an ennemie's counter hit.

I finally decided to farm a Dark Sword to see what all the fuss is about and now it feels like I switched on Easy mode..I can quickly pull of a few fast R1s and still have oceans of time and stamina left to dance around enemies without ever getting hit.
I'm just steamrolling through the game now..

I used to think that way but now I have to say I disagree. Weapons like Great Axe staggers enemies in a much more reliable manner than light weapons and FUGS' charged R2 is a monster, easily crushing shields and knock down almost all enemies, making enemies like the knights easy peasy to handle. For me, they're also much more reliable in PVP.

You *do* have to commit though: 50 Strength 40 Endurance 40-ish Vigor kinda thing.

Vitten

I used to think that way but now I have to say I disagree. Weapons like Great Axe staggers enemies in a much more reliable manner than light weapons and FUGS' charged R2 is a monster, easily crushing shields and knock down almost all enemies, making enemies like the knights easy peasy to handle. For me, they're also much more reliable in PVP.

You *do* have to commit though: 50 Strength 40 Endurance 40-ish Vigor kinda thing.

Strange, I can only seem to stagger the smaller enemies but since there's usually a lot of them at the same time it's still easy to get surrounded and overpowered with a slow swinging, stamina guzzling weapon.
And going up against large type enemies with my Greataxe is rarely succesful as they never seem to be interrupted by my attacks and I can't dodge away in time to avoid their counter attack as my axe swing hasn't finished yet.
Those large Axe wielding guys in Archdragon Peak for instance turn me to mush if I try tackling them with my greataxe but I have no problem at all beating them with a fast swinging sword.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Pick fire gem as your starter gift and as soon as you get to the hub infuse it to your axe, and voila, it will help you out decently at least until the Halfway Fortress area, which is the third area. Deep battle axe from the mimic under the Dragon that spew fire on you is good too, though fire battle axe will make your life easier until you find a proper strength weapon...

...which is Butcher's Knife, located in-between the Road of Sacrifice's first bonfire to Halfway Fortress. It's pure strength with A scaling at 4 (IIRC) and S scaling at 10. You can go at it even before beating the 2nd area boss, which is optional. The big enemies in the Undead Settlement also carry good strength weapons: Spiked Mace dropped by the big ladies and Great Machete dropped by the big dudes with large planks on their backs. The peasant enemies also drop Great Wooden Hammer which is another strength-focused weapon and you can also find Large Club in a hidden area on the tower that is related to a certain character's sidequest.

Unfortunately all weapons found in the Lothric area are not really "pure" Strength weapons. Even weapons that you *think* should be Strength like Claymore is Quality (Strength/Dex).
thanks, ill look after some of those.
I picked the knight as class because he had also some points in vit and end.
But i had the fire gem and infused my longsword with it.

Sarcasm

I think I won't plat this. Like DS1, shit is way to grindy may as well play a MMO or something.

First of all if I have to do family share to get the covenants to work then most likely I have to deal with gank squads.

Not to mention the bad netcode still exists =S

I'm looking at what I missed with NPCs on my first playthrough. How is someone playing blind supposed to know how to complete half of these quests? Some of the steps are ridiculously convoluted, even by Dark Souls standards.

I think since stacking bleed is pretty much worthless compared to just using Rouge on its own, I might go ahead and finally infuse Brigand Twindaggers with hollowed and see how well that works with Rouge.

Meccs

The only real "good" stuff from NG+ are the rings, right? So I could just speed run my way through the game without picking up anything else or doing quests etc. Nothing else changes?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think since stacking bleed is pretty much worthless compared to just using Rouge on its own, I might go ahead and finally infuse Brigand Twindaggers with hollowed and see how well that works with Rouge.

I'm doing a Bleed/Luck build myself.

I've not got the profaned coal but my set-up at the moment is:

Sharp Manikin Claws (will Hollow when I get the coal)
Carthus Beacon
Carthus Rogue (stacks with Claws' innate Bleed)
Knight Slayer Ring
Pontiff's Right Eye (stacks with Beacon)
Chloranthy Ring (may switch to Hornet when I get it)
Carthus Bloodring

Absolutely useless in terms of crowd control but I shred single enemies (including PCs and bosses) like a Honey Badger on Bath Salts. I have Warden Twinblades too as back up and for crowd control, so this setup 'twins' nicely with them. I find the Quickstep on MCs invaluable though and they proc Beacon, Bleed and Pontiff's ring insanely fast.

I'm doing a Bleed/Luck build myself.

I've not got the profaned coal but my set-up at the moment is:

Sharp Manikin Claws (will Hollow when I get the coal)
Carthus Beacon
Carthus Rogue (stacks with Claws' innate Bleed)
Knight Slayer Ring
Pontiff's Right Eye (stacks with Beacon)
Chloranthy Ring (may switch to Hornet when I get it)
Carthus Bloodring

Absolutely useless in terms of crowd control but I shred single enemies (including PCs and bosses) like a Honey Badger on Bath Salts. I have Warden Twinblades too as back up and for crowd control, so this setup 'twins' nicely with them. I find the Quickstep on MCs invaluable though and they proc Beacon, Bleed and Pontiff's ring insanely fast.
Oh, I have a variety of bleed weapons myself as a Luck-based bleed build (my favorites are Flamberge, Sellsword Twinblades, and Carthus Shotel), but Carthus Rouge is the biggest boost of bleed and is a viable enough bleed on its own, so I'm using that as an excuse to finally incorporate Brigand Twindaggers into my build.

Sarcasm

Did that family share trick and nothing. My SL is like 81, is this a bad level to be our something? Getting summoned as sunbro has always worked flawlessly.

silva1991

Friendship with Giant carries to NG+, but ashs don't lol From

didn't hunter badges carry to NG+ in Bloodborne? why change that with this game? maybe rushed decision that will be fixed in the future.

mulac

I'm buying DS3 and a gaming PC for my brother in the UK so we can play some coop our way through this and just...well...PC gaming > everything else.

Is the online for this on PC through Steam still f*** with hackers etc?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I have a variety of bleed weapons myself as a Luck-based bleed build (my favorites are Flamberge, Sellsword Twinblades, and Carthus Shotel), but Carthus Rouge is the biggest boost of bleed and is a viable enough bleed on its own, so I'm using that as an excuse to finally incorporate Brigand Twindaggers into my build.

Ah okay.

I'd definitely recommend the Beacon/Pontiff combo for those bad boys. After a couple of L1s they increase their damage output by 7% each (roughly), then again a couple of L1s later, then again, and again, and a-- you get the idea. :D

myco666

Friendship with Giant carries to NG+, but ashs don't lol From

didn't hunter badges carry to NG+ in Bloodborne? why change that with this game? maybe rushed decision that will be fixed in the future.

They did carry to NG+. I assume here they reset because one questline requires you to give certain ash to the maiden. Really annoying that the shop becomes useless for most of the NG+ run.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Welp. I did it. "The Dark Soul" after... 98 hours on record. I think I'll stay clear of Dark Souls III until the DLC comes out. I really need a palate cleanser...

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I don't know what the hell Vaati is doing. He missed pretty much the entire first month of the game's release when it comes to worthwhile content, only doing some "things you missed" videos. I mean it's his loss. I've already spent so much time poring over the lore myself at this point I'm pretty sure I have no more need for videos. Obviously Vaati can do what he wants but I'm just baffled at the general lack of content he's put out. I'd be pissed if I were one of his patrons.

Top Bottom