• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Damn kind of sick of getting one shot by everything but the Legion armor is too cool to give up.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I think it's funny that ENB reached the area
'Kiln of the first flame', and still wondered if he was fighting the final boss. Facing off against a foe that has a greatest hits of souls moves no less...
But it was a good episode overall. He did really well against the princes.

Cat Party

Dumb question but How do you let yourself be summoned for help into an area? Do you have to have beaten the boss of that area already?
You don't need to beat the boss first. Use the white soapstone outside the fog gate or at the nearest bonfire. You will be summoned automatically.

What would you recommend for vertebrae? Every time I'm summoned to a fight club I have to beat the host or 3 phantoms personally and I get pasted before I even reach the third fight.

Hm. If you want to do it normally, just keep trying till you find a host who's doing a 1v1 instead of fight clubs.

If you wanna kinda boost for it, you could get a friend to put down their mad-phantom sign and let you kill em. I think you get a vertebrae if you kill a purple dude.
Naaaah 9 is plenty! That's almost as crazy as using a shield.

I think he meant VIG, get more HP you squishy sponge!

Of course I get a Steam disconnect and booted back to the main menu in the second stage of the
Nameless King
fight. Of course.

And now I can't get back online. The first time I want to summon help in fucking AGES and I can't. For fuck's sake.

Kid Ska

Ended up summoning an NPC, oh well. I couldn't resist nailing him for ~500 with the Chaos Bed Vestiges and I needed someone to hold him off.

u know the minimum amount of health you should have in thsi game is at least 1k

if u are below that even embered, you might just restat
Oh damn they should tell you that in the manual...

Tarkus

Ended up summoning an NPC, oh well. I couldn't resist nailing him for ~500 with the Chaos Bed Vestiges and I needed someone to hold him off.

Oh damn they should tell you that in the manual...
I tried to be Billy-bad ass and play the game with <1000 HP. Nameless King put an end to that notion.

Kid Ska

Yeah I mean I'm still level 41ish so I've got time to pump points into VIT. Mostly been going to DEX/INT with a bit of Attunement but I can see that this will only get more arduous.

Tarkus

Yeah I mean I'm still level 41ish so I've got time to pump points into VIT. Mostly been going to DEX/INT with a bit of Attunement but I can see that this will only get more arduous.
Make sure you pump them into VIG if we're talking about HP!!

krioto

It's much easier and fun to just lay down your red summon sign and participate in the fight clubs there. The summons are fast and the fights are fair. I collected 20 of shackles there in a relatively short time.

Maybe, but I find it still takes too long to get summoned - its much more fun to invade.
I've had so many rolling brawls with hosts, sunbros, aldritch faithful invaders and summoned darkmoons - it gets crazy, and then the host drops a seed and it gets even more hectic.

I always ignore the host and go for the other phantoms

Mound makers is the best covenant by far.

Tarkus

Is anybody down to try the password host-invader-blue sentinel experiment now? We need 3 people. I'll have to invade or be a blue defender.

WOOOOW they seriously brought the
Anor Londo Archers
back.

I literally had flashbacks when I got up to that part. FromSoftware tryin to give me a panic attack.

Yo so, I started a new game as a sorcerer cause I was thinking "I never really do magic in the Souls series, so why not?" and after reaching Irithyll I just relocatted all my stats back into a half magic, half strength build cause being a sorcerer was kinda..not good...like garbage, tbh.

Are all the good spells just endgame or what's the deal with being a sorcerer in this game? I only dabbled with magic before in the other games so I'm not sure how being a sorcerer works, so part of it was probably my fault. Was mostly using the Great Heavy Soul Arrow, Farron Hail, Soul Greatsword, and Med Heal spells.

Kid Ska

At least Aldrich is easy to get to because he's putting my ass down fast. Those homing shots are the worst.

Kusagari

Do I have to worry about the NG+ rings in NG+ or can I just worry about them in NG++ with the rest of the rings I'll need for the trophy?

Kid Ska

So dancer was going very well and I was all wow people have issues with this boss?

then it pulled out the second sword

Dahbomb

The final boss in this game is pretty damn special and it's hard to come up with something better as a series finale boss.

When you first see him in the middle of a scorched area filled with swords/weapons overlooking a black bleeding sun... that's something you can expect to see in a Berserk panel or something. You already KNOW this is the stage for the final boss.

Then he charges, no cutscenes, no intro... just a dude in armor with a flame sword.

You are like "aight aight I got dis, just another dude with a flame sword. I have taken down giants, dancers, sorcerers, dual wielders and all sorts of monstrosities using a flaming weapon.

You trade some blows, you dodge some attacks, you get his sword patterns down.

Easy. Just bring it son.

Then he transforms into a curved sword. Aight, aight, aight... I can adapt.

dTVKL.gif

This is where things start getting epic. He starts using Pyromancies and poison spells plus self buff spells. Now you are thinking "wow he's like a player character with spells that you yourself can use... that's pretty dope!"

You get the pattern down of his new weapon and spell repertoire... you lay the smack down.

EASY! Just bring it again!

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Then he transforms into a sorcerer and starts spamming spells at you. You get surprised thinking this was going to be a mano ay mano sword duel but nah this is a Souls boss son... no one plays fair or honest here. He starts using sorcery combinations and then transforms while still having those Soul satellites around him as he uses his new spear form with insane range.

I can do this all day!!!! Is this the best you got? I got you down to a pixel... you ain't SHIT!

And then it comes... a faint sound in the background. "And THIS is to go ... EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!"Is it even possible? The scouter power level starts to rise... it's not over 'til it's over!
curry-saiyan.gif

Now he makes his FINAL transformation with a great sword but you get chills when the music suddenly changes and you hear Gwyn's theme song play from DS1 and you realize what you are fighting. You are fighting the "avatar" of all the souls before you who kindled that fire like Gwyn... this soul is the embodiment of them all and he's using all of their fighting styles and moves. The ultimate final boss.

He uses a godlike combo that can kill you if you caught on it. Now he even starts using lightning spears and is more aggressive. He's kicking, he's grabbing.. he's fighting dirty.

But you are still fighting, you are still standing. You can't parry him, you can't viscera/critical him, you can't out run him, can't out range him... but you can out skill him. You can out skill every single soul that kindled the fire at this spot.

Just as you lay that final blow you already know the ending. You are the person who is the next "Soul of Cinders". The torch has literally been passed down to you. Now you will sit there at that bonfire and wait for the next poor soul to come in and lay the smack down on him as was done unto you.

Mokoi

Banned
ENB got dat ass whooped by the final boss.

Shhh...No Tears of Denial now ... just dreams.
just needs to lock on and time his dodges. ENB please.
also love that he still has the claymore. I considered going to end game with it, but dank sword was too good. Moveset wise and damage.

So dancer was going very well and I was all wow people have issues with this boss?

then it pulled out the second sword
The first phase is what was fucking me up because I just could not avoid the grab attack. Second phase was easy, but I died so much from the grab attack. I hate grab attacks.

Kid Ska

The first phase is what was fucking me up because I just could not avoid the grab attack. Second phase was easy, but I died so much from the grab attack. I hate grab attacks.
Ahh I'm a pyro so I've been spamming Great Chaos Fire Orb, but then it starts spinning endlessly and I just can't get out of the way of every swing.

- That feel when you do a 1.3k combo with the BKG

- That feel when you parry a dragonslayer spear R1 smasher

- That feel when you parry a dark sword + greatshield R1 smasher

- That feel when you parry a running R1 Katana user

I love this game.

That said, BKG is probably a bit too good, even if you don't pull the full combo, R1 +L2 + R2 is deadly enough. Has good range, reasonably fast, low stamina consumption. I guess the fact it can be parried on it's all normal attacks is a weakness, but it's battle art don't, so it kinda balances...

GulAtiCa

is that a known hiding spot? i always check there first when i was invading.

No idea, but got that idea when I was randomly invaded and was busy with something outside the game. So got on the elevator, and proceeded to get on top. Funny enough... Like 5 minutes later when the invader went to it again (prob knowing I was there), I fell through the cracks to my death. lol

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
We all agree that Anor Londo from 1 is the greatest Souls area right

That's actually interesting, I haven't really given it much thought, but no. My favorite souls area is Boletaria, which is ironic because Demon's is my least favorite overall, but goddamn this set the gold standard. Yharnam is a very very close second.

Sarcasm

The boss in profound capital is poorly hinted at what yea do. I only found out after being teleported from the boss fight to another boss fight, boning out and teleporting back. I did have onion bro though.

Then I decided to help people. 12 summons. My experience in this fight is only one person had onion bro and only four figured out to get the sword while three of those actually figured out how to use the weapon art. I always charged the sword upon loading before the fight too lol.

Yeah, how does it work?

We'd need one other person. Currently my theory is that if we have three people using the same summoning password, one is the Host, one is a Red Invader, and one is a Darkmoon or Blue Senintel. We have one guy use the Red Eye Orb to invade the host and see if the Darkmoon/Sentinel gets automatically summoned to the host's world. If that does work, getting Concords won't be as much of a painful chore anymore.

Jafku

We'd need one other person. Currently my theory is that if we have three people using the same summoning password, one is the Host, one is a Red Invader, and one is a Darkmoon or Blue Senintel. We have one guy use the Red Eye Orb to invade the host and see if the Darkmoon/Sentinel gets automatically summoned to the host's world. If that does work, getting Concords won't be as much of a painful chore anymore.

I can try with you guys

Top Bottom