• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst feeling in this game is when you've spent hours combing a level for all the items, hidden paths, etc., and there's 1 item left on a roof that you can't figure out how to get to.

Praise the Sun!
You're my hero! Thank you! :D

xZ2sEbd.gif

Anyone want to help me with @ old wings antechamber? I'm having a hard time...
spair me the "git good"

Also help me with parry, I cannot get the hang of it with the delay, only souls I've played in blood borne and it just seems I can't parry unless I know ALL the enemy moves, in bb I could parry b/c most initial moves were easy to time.. =(

PSN blacksalad_

LiK

Anyone want to help me with @ old wings antechamber? I'm having a hard time...
spair me the "git good"

Also help me with parry, I cannot get the hang of it with the delay, only souls I've played in blood borne and it just seems I can't parry unless I know ALL the enemy moves, in bb I could parry b/c most initial moves were easy to time.. =(

PSN blacksalad_

Old wings?

Are you using a small shield? They a better window for parrying.

LogicStep

My new character hasn't been summoned once for the blue sentinels. Wtf man, I'm gonna have to end up farming this stuff. Not just that, I'm sure it would be super fun to be summoned to defend hosts from invaders. :(

jimmyd

My new character hasn't been summoned once for the blue sentinels. Wtf man, I'm gonna have to end up farming this stuff. Not just that, I'm sure it would be super fun to be summoned to defend hosts from invaders. :(

These covenants never work :(

Well, I give up on Nameless king. I get to his second phase in got state with good amout of estus. Game disconnects me. I don't want to keep bashing my head against the wyvern, it's annoying to fight because I can never tell how far away I am from its head.

Old wings?

Are you using a small shield? They a better window for parrying.

I assume he is talking about the Old King's Antechamber bonfire.

As far as parrying, I've always found the side swipe of a plain leather shield to be the best and most consistent method of parrying for me.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
NOpe, DS 2 had the easiest bosses of all three games. Not one boss in DS2 gave me trouble for more than 5 minutes, Darklurker the exception. The rest could be done without losing any health were one prepared to learn the attacks well enough. THis game, a no health run is hard with the stats you share...(which means your harder bosses are yet to come in end game) the pontiff stabs arbitrarily and faster than any boss previous...its like Fume on steroids. A lot of poeple based their difficulty of certain bosses not taking into consideration that leveling and weapon attack power makes a difference. SOme poeple can parry pontiff sulyvan in 2 parries and its over..so its an "easy" boss, but if you go full melee, no parries and no shield solo with a plus 6 weapon like you said, it will be demonstrably tougher first try....this is my fifrst real attempt after feeling it out in multipayer a couple times.

I'm destroying my PC run of Dark Souls III. I sucked and used a ton of summons on PS4, but I'm just kicking ass this time around.

I've one-tried all of the bosses except Aldrich and Nameless King, which took only three tries each.

Most of the bosses in Dark Souls II are stupidly easy and many of them are rather uninteresting. Some of them straight up show up as standard enemies albeit powered down a bit. With that said, I think some of the hardest bosses in the series are in DSII. Sir Alonne, Fume Knight, the Smelter Demons, etc. Hell, just about all of the DLC bosses were pretty tough.

I've been playing a new character this time a Knight (first guy was Dual Wield and Sorceries), the whole game was hilariously easy....

...then I got to some later bosses
Nameless King and even Cinder
are kicking my ass right now. Haha. These were a joke with my Sorceries, I soloed both on my first character really easily. Haha. :(

I just respeced as a Pyromancer and is a lot of fun, probably gonna do my NG++ as that.

Is also very fun to PvP, even if I didn't won that many matches, although I did won most one vs one. But only 17 Vigor, I fear NK lol

That said, it sucks so much, in DS games, to have to be with lame spells for most of the game until you get the cool ones, glad I did it this way lol.

Breezing through the game right now, just finished up
aldritch twice (first in Anri's world then in mine)
Going to complete NG+ playthrough, hop straight into NG++ and probably halt there until the DLC drops. Getting kind of burnt out, which I didnt think would happen so soon. Doesn't help that coop continues to be broken for me. Cant summon or be summoned, a fail message just pops up. I see messages and all that still so dont know what the issue is.

So I'm up against a Havel shield and halberd combo, and they're not just turtling behind the shield they are also backstab fishing, unsuccessfully I might add.

So I take two swings with and he tries for a backstab and that happens a few times, eventually I throw out a parry during one of his bs attempts and nail him with a riposte Down to about less than half health you'd expect that they'd try something different.

Nope, eats another parry. I use the sarcastic clap gesture, GG pal.

Vena

It is amazing how much easier this is than BB.

I think this depends on how you play. Bloodborne has some really absurdly lenient dodges and dashes and movement options, which just do not exist in Souls, so your iFrames and general avoidance are a lot worse for wear. But if you just hide behind a shield, Souls will be considerably easier (and slower).

Also I found parrying to be far easier and far less punished in Bloodborne.

NHL94

Banned
I think I am going to try a STR/FTH build. I want something "heavier" than the pure DEX build I just finished with, plus I want to throw lightning at MFers.

Any advice?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
He was probably the boss that posed the most threat in vanilla DS2, yeah. I ended up cheesing him with poison.

Smelter Demon is basically a litmus test for people who know how to dodge roll, and those who do not. Because all of his attacks are super easy to dodge, but if you try to tank his stuff with a shield, yeah, you're gonna have a bad time.

DSmalls84

Just finished the game but L
orian and Lothric were seriously the most difficult encounter for me
. I think that fight took me more tries than any other including
nameless King and Cinder
. Now for a much needed break until the dlc.

Arx

Neo Member
Here's a code for the prima e-guide if anyone wants it/wants to laugh at its typos and outright lies (quote to reveal).

ecosse_011172

I've spent hours trying out different classes, still unsure what to do.
Tonight I rolled a Thief and really enjoyed the speed of the shabby shabby daggers.
I cheesed the Uchigitana with my bow and have a fire gem, not sure whether to infuse my bandit's dagger or the uchigitana.

I was thinking of maybe pumping more into luck and trying to have some shabby poison dagger action at some point, viable?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I've spent hours trying out different classes, still unsure what to do.
Tonight I rolled a Thief and really enjoyed the speed of the shabby shabby daggers.
I cheesed the Uchigitana with my bow and have a fire gem, not sure whether to infuse my bandit's dagger or the uchigitana.

I was thinking of maybe pumping more into luck and trying to have some shabby poison dagger action at some point, viable?

Poison is pretty weak in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom