• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

lexi

Banned
So the game is no longer available on GMG for Aussies. Guess I'm not getting it then... You can't just create a different account and use the same payment details either.

Damn, maybe I'll just buy it for the $70 that it's selling for on the Australian steam store....

9wop4.gif

Zeliard

I hate those of you who are gonna play this for the first time, and I doubly hate you if you also haven't played Demon's Souls. Hate with love. But hate, nevertheless.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So the game is no longer available on GMG for Aussies. Guess I'm not getting it then... You can't just create a different account and use the same payment details either.
You can use an US (or any other country, really) VPN and buy it using your regular payment details, be it CC or Paypal.

That's how I bought Battlefield 3 Premium from GMG, even though it's only available in the US (I used an US proxy) and I'm not from the US.

I hate those of you who are gonna play this for the first time, and I doubly hate you if you also haven't played Demon's Souls. Hate with love. But hate, nevertheless.
But I don't have a PS3, how could I possibly play it Demon's Souls?

chiablo

I fall under both of those categories for the most part. I played about an hour of Demon's Souls on a friend's PS3 and haven't touched Dark Souls.

Speaking of which... what's the easiest/best starting class or configuration?

LiK

I fall under both of those categories for the most part. I played about an hour of Demon's Souls on a friend's PS3 and haven't touched Dark Souls.

Warrior is the easiest class to start with. Well balanced.

Raxus

Pyromancer for Dark Souls

Royalty(?), the one with Soul Arrow, for Demon's Souls

Sethos

Banned
Just bought it for the sake of trolling the High-res thread with 2560x1600 shots of the game without Durante's fix.

I have too much money.

Varna

Going meele only this time (and maybe enough INT to use all the utility spells). Magic and pyromancy are just so horribly overpowered.

rybrad

Is there anyone in here that has never played a souls game yet and this is their first time going into one?

Just curious, you should be in for a helluva ride!
Never played either game, hardly seen any video of it, going in blind based on impressions/pressure from a friend who has similar tastes.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
first timer here, i'm going cleric. lords bless me.

First time for me too. I had a class picked back when the game was on consoles but I was waiting for a price drop. Since then the PC version was released and I've been waiting for that, and I forgot the class loadout I was going to pick.

I'll have to re-read some Wiki about the classes differences (and trinkets, or whatever they're called, too) before making my decision again.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Remember, if you have issues, don't hesitate to ask around in this thread or the Dark Souls community thread.

A big part of this game's success is the community surrounding it, figuring stuff out and helping newer players.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
First time for me too. I had a class picked back when the game was on consoles but I was waiting for a price drop. Since then the PC version was released and I've been waiting for that, and I forgot the class loadout I was going to pick.

I'll have to re-read some Wiki about the classes differences (and trinkets, or whatever they're called, too) before making my decision again.

sorcerer
pyromancer
cleric

best classes imo

zlatko

Banned
Never played either game, hardly seen any video of it, going in blind based on impressions/pressure from a friend who has similar tastes.

I'm laughing here, because I went into Demon's Souls blind back when it first came out, and boy oh boy are you in for a unique experience.

You can use an US (or any other country, really) VPN and buy it using your regular payment details, be it CC or Paypal.

That's how I bought Battlefield 3 Premium from GMG, even though it's only available in the US (I used an US proxy) and I'm not from the US.

Awesome, that worked.

Damn you Durante, what have you done? ;)

Top Bottom