• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The store page.

Someone on Steam chat was kind of enough to answer (ty Metalmurphy).

But thanks to you too. Under 1 hour here as well and 67% DL'd at almost 70% done now!

Sadly, this is what open platforms are. Great power great responsibility and all that. I prefer it that way, but it's not always positive.

As real as it gets here man, you helped sell another copy here. Thanks for the work and I hope that even if this doesn't work completely, it only gets better and is perfect at some point.

For some reason I bet it would be fun to play this game in German. Dark Souls has a really European feeling to it. Damn, I am really excited waiting for this. I didn't read a damn thing about what's new in this version. Guess I wanted to be surprised. I just started a new character in the PS3 version, so I guess I will be dropping that. Won't be losing too much time restarting on this.

LiK

Here's the 4 chan image rehosted.

1345743676245.jpg

GFWL not gonna prevent this shit from happening?

As a souls first timer, I'm wondering if I can turn off the online mode? I don't want my game to be ruined by these apparent cheaters.

i played offline. invaders are annoying. plus the help messages are not useful compared to Demons.

Grief.exe

Restarting did the trick this time. I've been restarting since I activated the GMG key, but it finally worked.

Preloading now. 1 hour to unlock apparently, doesn't mean GFWL will let us play.

Maaaan, I wish this game was released today instead of tomorrow. I've got an appointment to see the cardiologist early tomorrow and I just know I'm gonna be stuck in there all day.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Restarting did the trick this time. I've been restarting since I activated the GMG key, but it finally worked.

Preloading now. 1 hour to unlock apparently, doesn't mean GFWL will let us play.

dont jinx it the game will launch in 1 hour and work flawlessly and everyone will get candy and free blowjobs and live in eternal happiness forever and ever

Hoo-doo

Banned
Don't disable online. At the very least, stay hollow so no one invades you. You'll still be able to ask for help and summon.

This. It's impossible to get invaded if you don't want to, but you can still reap the awesome benefits of seeing the hints, the ghosts and the summoning signs.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I have no idea why people think GFWL stops people from modding/cheating, it never has. If enough people report you though, then you'll get banned most likely.

I really don't know how would you be identified by this kind of cheating, as it's just scanning the RAM for registers and changing that value. Other than encrypting it, I don't even know how it can be prevented.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Hm someone messaged me on my youtube saying DWGR now only works when under 25% burden. Anyone with the PC ver. confirm?

LiK

nice thing about the game is that you can summon AI dudes so you can play completely offline if you want. but try it out online and see what happens. i expect a full report.

nice thing about the game is that you can summon AI dudes so you can play completely offline if you want. but try it out online and see what happens. i expect a full report.

How do you summon AI dudes? I played the game 60+ hours and never did that once.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Lore do you even still play games? ;)

Not on my travels, but some day I will again ;b. Dark Souls is probably the best console game this generation, looking forward to playing it at 1080p/60 with new content down the road. Go go gadget Durante!

Hoo-doo

Banned
Oh ok, didn't know this. So what do I have to do then? Is there an in-game option or something?

You can play as a hollow (undead). It's the state your character starts in.
It's impossible to get invaded in this state. You still see the occasional ghosts of other players, the blood stains, the hints left behind and you can leave summoning signs for help.

If you want to, and you have a "humanity" (lootable ïtems), you can choose to revive as a normal human when close to a campfire, which increases your magic find slightly, but also makes you eligible for invasions by other players. Also, you can choose to leave summoning signs for other players to see, or invade other players yourself.

Top Bottom