• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

If you're in body form their soul signs appear around some boss fights.

Interesting. I have summoned tons of other players, but never any AI people. Now do I recall seeing that kind of sign. Is it dependent on a certain covenant?\

I think I plan on going total blackout to not spoil the new areas and bosses. I have no idea what to expect in the new content.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I used to offer my co-op services right before boss areas all the time. It's an awesome way to gain humanity, and you can really help people out.

2AdEPT

Great work Durante. Good to see the PC is getting what it wants as this is a great series.

Honestly I couldn't care less if From didn't put as much effort towards the technical side. The initial game design is what matters to me. Plus I know what it is like to be in software dev and there can be a thousand reasons for something like this not going though. From company politics to deadlines to budget to risk... etc. Modders don't have to face these same issues so sometimes it can be more beneficial to let them make the necessary changes.

For those that don't realize it, even a change that takes less than an hour to implement can have drastic unforeseen effects on other things and as such dozens upon dozens of testing hours gets put into ensuring something like this doesn't have any downfalls. Because if a company breaks a release they take TONS more flak than a modder who didn't consider how it would affect feature 'x'. I hate that reasoning just as much as everyone else, but thinking putting in a fix like this is really as easy as it actually is means you aren't fully aware of what goes on behind the scenes.

Again AMAZING work Durante and people like you are what pushes games to their limits and forces companies to step up and meet the expectations. ;) Company inner workings should be no excuse for a feature this important. I'd say that every obstacle would have been worth having it from the get go.

Then again maybe they didn't do it on purpose cuz they knew how easy it was and that a situation like this may spark a sense of camaraderie in the community... like that feeling you get in DS/DkS when a stranger helps you beat that boss you've been stuck on for days. Little do you know you are playing their game right now. ;)

THis post sums up my thoughts on the whole situation...and I do not work in the business at all.....bolded were my brainstorms on potential reasons for such a weird decision stolen by Godly ;).

BUt no disrespect to the man of the hour ->DURANTE<-

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Interesting. I have summoned tons of other players, but never any AI people. Now do I recall seeing that kind of sign. Is it dependent on a certain covenant?\

I think I plan on going total blackout to not spoil the new areas and bosses. I have no idea what to expect in the new content.

Nope! You just have to be in body form.

Also for new page. Anyone confirm?

Hm someone messaged me on my youtube saying DWGR now only works when under 25% burden. Anyone with the PC ver. confirm?

I used to offer my co-op services right before boss areas all the time. It's an awesome way to gain humanity, and you can really help people out.

The one small, well furnished room in the downstairs part of Anor Londo was such a good place to farm. Spent days there summoning and being summoned. It's where the online really started for me. Killed O&S so many times.

Zeliard

The one small, well furnished room in the downstairs part of Anor Londo was such a good place to farm. Spent days there summoning and being summoned. It's where the online really started for me. Killed O&S so many times.

Capra was also a nice hot spot to help people out in

mxgt

Banned
what is dwgr

The dumbest item in the game

It's a ring that allows you to sprint and roll as if you were <25% equip weight when you have <50% equip rate instead

So everyone runs around in super heavy armour flipping around like a moron, it's overused in PvP and extremely annoying.

Capra was also a nice hot spot to help people out in

Yeah, I started to notice on a recent replay that the game had tons of hot-spots I just never noticed the first time through. Rarely tried going solo on bosses once I found the spots. I'll have to check out Capra when I start tonight on PC.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The one small, well furnished room in the downstairs part of Anor Londo was such a good place to farm. Spent days there summoning and being summoned. It's where the online really started for me.

I used to do this for hours at the Belfry Gargoyles or the Capra Demon right around the game's launch, or at the entrance to Blighttown, where people were having serious trouble progressing.
I'd always lead them to the best loot, and i'd eventually die protecting them.

I felt such a connection when other people helped me out, it feels awesome to give back.

aFIGurANT

As a souls first timer, I'm wondering if I can turn off the online mode? I don't want my game to be ruined by these apparent cheaters.

I would leave it online as long as it's stable for you in terms of connection. In this game being Undead versus being human is mainly cosmetic besides the lack of invaders. You can play the whole game without being invaded if you stay undead, but will still be able to see all the messages plus have a full health bar. Demon's Souls sucked because if you weren't in Body/Human form, you had half your hp...not so here.

GreenManGaming is making sure I think long and hard about this purchase. I keep getting this message when I try to check out:

We are sorry, but there has been a network connection problem. Please try to checkout again. If the error persists, please contact our ZENDESK. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Hoo-doo

Banned
13 minutes for my pre-load to complete.

ALL ABOARD THE SUB-HD HYPE TRAIN!

WOO WOO

Solaire%20of%20Astora.jpg

Hypron

I think I'm going to spend my days in front of the carpa demon helping newbies beat him (he's very, very simple to beat once you know how) in order to get heaps of humanities for covenant stuff.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Multiple people telling me now (still not confirmed) but Dark Woodgrain Ring seems to be nerfed. You need under 25% burden for it to work now?

I'm glad I already forgot what it is I read up above. I hope I don't see too many hints :p I should probably just follow my usual OT posting habits and stay clear, for the most part.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Prepare to Hexedit.

aL6dI.jpg

>Cheat Engine can modify all of your stats, gear, armor, health and stamina to be unlimited.
>You can be SL (Soul Level) 1 and still have 9999 stats in practically everything. This means Lv 1 SL can invade and one-shot everything.
>There's talk of being able to automatically parry
>Discussion on numerous hacking boards that it will be possibly in the next week at the latest of BEING ABLE to invade someones game even if they're not Human.

Also I guess people going through the item list?

SPOILER - NEW DLC ITEMS

Dumb shit already. Hopefully...something? is done.

Peagles

As a souls first timer, I'm wondering if I can turn off the online mode? I don't want my game to be ruined by these apparent cheaters.

I feel the same way actually. I'm new to playing the game but watched my partner play through both Demons and Dark Souls for much of the playthrough, so I know my way around a bit.

I also heard from a friend that people have been planning to grief as much as possible and I just don't have time for that bullshit, like literally. I'm having to purposefully set aside time to play this game because I think it's worth it, so maybe offline is the way to go. Or at least stay hollow... :/

Edit: Just saw above there might be a hack to invade non-humans... Offline it is :(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm glad I already forgot what it is I read up above. I hope I don't see too many hints :p I should probably just follow my usual OT posting habits and stay clear, for the most part.

That's why I don't like asking for help and reading OTs when I'm playing the game.

When I want people to help me, I don't want to people to tell me how to play the game. I get no joy in doing that.

psykomyko

So is this game releasing at midnight? Because the Steam page says its available in one hour. Unless that is just an error I am seeing.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I feel the same way actually. I'm new to playing the game but watched my partner play through both Demons and Dark Souls for much of the playthrough, so I know my way around a bit.

I also heard from a friend that people have been planning to grief as much as possible and I just don't have time for that bullshit, like literally. I'm having to purposefully set aside time to play this game because I think it's worth it, so maybe offline is the way to go. Or at least stay hollow... :/

Offline is not the way to go. Just play hollow, it doesn't make a single difference, you can't get invaded and you won't miss out on the hints, stains and ghosts.

Top Bottom