• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

If you have not restarted your game in the last 30 mins restart it now for yet another patch. Thats why there is no servers showing for you.

Well i've preordered the PS3 version but seriously fuck downloading 12 gig when I get it, if I get it on thursday I won't get to play it till late friday :(

Appaling...

DrBo42

ChronicleX said:
If you have not restarted your game in the last 30 mins restart it now for yet another patch. Thats why there is no servers showing for you.
Getting no update via the steam version. Bugged? Can someone on PC confirm you're not getting the all worlds down message?

Nightz

DrBo42 said:
Getting no update via the steam version. Bugged? Can someone on PC confirm you're not getting the all worlds down message?
I've got all the patches and getting all worlds down. The servers aren't up yet. I'm following the threads on the official forums, I'll post here once they go up.

DrBo42

Nightz said:
I've got all the patches and getting all worlds down. The servers aren't up yet. I'm following the threads on the official forums, I'll post here once they go up.
Much appreciated.

Servers are popping up on PS3 (NA):
Birthright
No Man's Land (PvP)
Crisis
The Killing Joke (PvP)
Redemption
Justice
Countdown

What server should PvE GAF play on?

EDIT: Actually, I'm leaning towards playing PvP just to play on The Killing Joke. :lol

EDIT2: Okay since no one's answering, I joined The Killing Joke. Any objections to that being PS3's PvP server?

Effect

Have they said (on official forums) if they will update the game disc on the next printing due to the huge patch? Granted this is assuming anyone has brought it up there.

hermit7

What server are the PS3 folks joining?

I think I am going to roll a hero the first time, honestly though is it that big of a deal in regards to the mentor as well. In the beta I didn't see much of a difference if I rolled a meta and chose a mentor that was different (the Joker).

Big Chungus

Revolutionary said:
Servers are popping up on PS3 (NA):
Birthright
No Man's Land (PvP)
Crisis
The Killing Joke (PvP)
Redemption
Justice
Countdown

What server should PvE GAF play on?

EDIT: Actually, I'm leaning towards playing PvP just to play on The Killing Joke. :lol

EDIT2: Okay since no one's answering, I joined The Killing Joke. Any objections to that being PS3's PvP server?

Killing Joke sounds good!

Hey, quick question. I never played the beta. I made my character, but didn't get options to play with his costume. Does that come after the first tutorial?

Also, how do I quit out if I want to make a second character to lock in a name? I'm not sure how to save anything...

No one take the name Mint Berry Crunch till I get home tonight!

I plan to dispense justice through the power of cereal....or duel wielding pistols.

I got what I wanted to make Villain wise. Now I just need to get it to accept my 360 controller (it finds it outside the game but not inside the game, just like in beta. Very annoying).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Mercury Fred said:
Hey, quick question. I never played the beta. I made my character, but didn't get options to play with his costume. Does that come after the first tutorial?

Also, how do I quit out if I want to make a second character to lock in a name? I'm not sure how to save anything...
There's a review screen during the character create that list all the stuff you've selected (powers, mentor, movement, etc...). Before you confirm and finalize your character, select the costume tab at the top of the character create review list.

20110111-2m79gyni1wurmehxxbygkx9dd.jpg

Everything is saved server side. Just press Start -> Settings (the gear icon) -> Switch Character.

Feeroper

I am considering getting this on PS3 as a friend of mine will be doing PS3. Was wondering though, how much HDD space is required for the PS3 version? Im pretty full right now on my PS3, so depending on that I may go PC instead.

hermit7

ChronicleX said:
I got what I wanted to make Villain wise. Now I just need to get it to accept my 360 controller (it finds it outside the game but not inside the game, just like in beta. Very annoying).

There is an option to turn the joystick on in the control menu.

Thinking about making a blind purchase here. I didn't play the beta but the idea of a comic property inspired MMO tickles my fancy. Were the general impressions positive?

Killthee said:
There's a review screen during the character create that list all the stuff you've selected (powers, mentor, movement, etc...). Before you confirm and finalize your character, select the costume tab at the top of the character create review list.

20110111-2m79gyni1wurmehxxbygkx9dd.jpg

Everything is saved server side. Just press Start -> Settings (the gear icon) -> Switch Character.
Great, thank.

How about after the character is already made? Is there a way to change the costume, skin, etc? The appearance menu feels really clunky after the character is already made...

So tempted to pick this up...but cata....

Also I am really kinda broke. Anyone know if there are time cards available in-store at BB/Gamestop? I assume there's a 30-day trial too. I'd like to avoid putting anything on my CC.

I watched the TB videos (started watching him during cataclysm beta) and its got me hooked.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Feeroper said:
I am considering getting this on PS3 as a friend of mine will be doing PS3. Was wondering though, how much HDD space is required for the PS3 version? Im pretty full right now on my PS3, so depending on that I may go PC instead.
The box says 16GB's required but right now the install is totaling at ~14GB.

Mercury Fred said:
Great, thank.

How about after the character is already made? Is there a way to change the costume, skin, etc? The appearance menu feels really clunky after the character is already made...
Skin type can't be modified after character create, but I think you can still modify the color. Costume can be changed via the appearance menu, but you need to collect style pieces (some are quest rewards, some can be bought, some are loot drops, and some are gotten via the collection/investigation sidequest). It'll probably be easier for you to just scrap the character and start from scratch.

DrBo42

On US PC I joined Death & Glory. Character name: Blackest Night :lol Batman clone with a GL name, for great justice.

Weenerz

Banned
Jumping on board, will have to download while at work, ugh.

Also, the D2D code still works, making the game $35 for PC gamers. Just put in "Wootdc" for the coupon code to save $15.

Weenerz

Banned
I need help already! So I purchased this from D2D, registered my code through the client, trying to set up a 1 month month subscription and it is insisting on trying to charge me for another game client, wtf?

Top Bottom