• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

Toki767

Kind of just noticed with post Flashpoint and everything, but when they traveled to Star City in the future, Diggle had a son there and not a daughter. So did they seemingly just go to a world where Flashpoint already happened and then come back to when it didn't in Season 1?

You know, I know this is just a CW show so they probably don't want to bring up any politics or whatever, but I figure a line about how the JSA is not racist like the rest of America when it comes to segregation would have explained why Doctor Mid-nite is fighting for the team in a time when racism was such a huge problem and America basically threw all their black soldiers into separate units.

The JSA is quite outside the norm. Two black people. Obsidian in his comic form is gay and I doubt they'll ignore that since Johns is obviously a part of determining team makeup.

Joni

The JSA is quite outside the norm. Two black people. Obsidian in his comic form is gay and I doubt they'll ignore that since Johns is obviously a part of determining team makeup.

And despite that, they still assumed the white guy was the leader. There is some latent racism and sexism in there.

WedgeX

Banned
Caught up this afternoon.

If Thawne and Darhk are going to keep messing around in the 40s....

Can we eventually see Sgt. Rock?

This is also on my wishlist of DC properties to be explored.

Sölf

The CGI in this episode was beyond bad. Dear god, thatr Nazi Hulk and the aircrafts looked horrible. Overall an okay episode, but god that CGI.

TreIII

And despite that, they still assumed the white guy was the leader. There is some latent racism and sexism in there.

Just because you may aim to be more "progressive" super-team in the 1940's doesn't mean you probably still don't have certain ways of default thinking because it's "style of the time".

In that respect, I thought it was believable.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Sölf;221021392 said:
The CGI in this episode was beyond bad. Dear god, thatr Nazi Hulk and the aircrafts looked horrible. Overall an okay episode, but god that CGI.
I said the exact same thing. They don't have the budget to pull that kind of stuff on a weekly basis so they shouldn't even bother to do it. It really took me out of the episode, which I thought was great until that terribad CG Nazi showed up.

In fact, that entire chase sequence was D-tier. The Super Nazi is running right behind him and is concievably faster than a normal human, yet Steel has time to run slowly along side the motorcycle for a good minute before the Super Nazi shows up? Then the bombs are dropped (like 10 of them) and they only hit the Super Nazi at first? Who, by the way, was like 20 feet from them, so those bombs would've killed everyone in a much bigger radius. Then the 2nd wave drops and they only slightly get hurt???? I mean c'mon guys. That was just so poorly done.

/rant

The rest was great though, so I don't care that much. It's just the CG artist/game maker in me.

Joni

Just because you may aim to be more "progressive" super-team in the 1940's doesn't mean you probably still don't have certain ways of default thinking because it's "style of the time".

In that respect, I thought it was believable.

It is indeed believable, why I think it should be highlighted that they weren't this super progressive.

Does anybody else like that super powers are kind of just becoming natural now in the arrowverse? Like with the Arrow episode and now the jsa and all that. Now they don't really have to rely on the particle accelerator.

Magwik

Banned
Does anybody else like that super powers are kind of just becoming natural now in the arrowverse? Like with the Arrow episode and now the jsa and all that. Now they don't really have to rely on the particle accelerator.
I guess you could say that the development is a Mirakuru

Machine

I noticed them calling Professor Stein "Grey" once or twice. Is this a nickname I've never noticed before or did his first name change as a result of Flashpoint?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed them calling Professor Stein "Grey" once or twice. Is this a nickname I've never noticed before or did his first name change as a result of Flashpoint?
Jax has been calling him "Grey" since they were first introduced. It's nothing new.

Jonogunn

I don't know anything bout hourman but how come he didn't fight?

Also his costume looks so bad especially with that half cape.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Fun fact: CW was toying with giving Hourman his own series a little while back.

Pre-Flash and probably unconnected to the Arrowverse.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just finished watching the latest episode on the CW app and it was really good and cheesy in a good way. Nazi hulk looked bad but overall the episode was well done and Reverse Flash really shows why he was such an awesome villain in Flash season 1. I missed those end of episode Wells/Reverse Flash stingers.

Seems like Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends have been doing well this year. Arrowverse > DC extended cinematic universe.

caliph95

Is Vixen current Vixen's grandma or something. Is weird how her mother is supposedly from an African village while her grandma was apparently doing missions in Europe.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
An Hourman series would be pretty easy to do. He'd just power up once per episode during the big fight. Genre shows have been milking that type of stuff for years. Flash even does it to an extent now. Barry almost always has a confrontation with the bad guy where he loses and they get away, and then a final act confrontation where he runs faster or whatever and actually beats them.

caliph95

An Hourman series would be pretty easy to do. He'd just power up once per episode during the big fight. Genre shows have been milking that type of stuff for years. Flash even does it to an extent now. Barry almost always has a confrontation with the bad guy where he loses and they get away, and then a final act confrontation where he runs faster or whatever and actually beats them.

At least Hourman would have an excuse to not use his powers all the time and is not as op do probably more consistent. It should probably be set in older times in order to be more unique than procedural as well as superheroes such as Arrow and Daredevil.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
At least Hourman would have an excuse to not use his powers all the time and is not as op do probably more consistent. It should probably be set in older times in order to be more unique than procedural as well as superheroes such as Arrow and Daredevil.

Like 30s or 40s? That would be cool. I can probably admit that 25% of my enjoyment of Agent Carter was it not being set in the present. I'd watch the shit out of a pulpy noir with twist superhero show set in that era. But I gotta imagine the market for that is small.

Gotham sorta has that going on with its anachronisms. Actually I'd say it's the best aspect of that show.

caliph95

Like 30s or 40s? That would be cool. I can probably admit that 25% of my enjoyment of Agent Carter was it not being set in the present. I'd watch the shit out of a pulpy noir with twist superhero show set in that era. But I gotta imagine the market for that is small.

Gotham sorta has that going on with its anachronisms. Actually I'd say it's the best aspect of that show.

Haven't watch Gotham, i'm just thinking besides his powers what differentiate him from the other vigilante shows we have. Plus i miss Agent Carter so that show with Hourman i will accept. If only they have an excuse to add Haley Atwell

Bluth54

Ray you go undercover with a bunch of Nazi's and you don't think you'll have to do the heil Hitler salute at some point? And you decide to start a fight instead of doing it to keep your cover? Come on man.

I'm confused about Vixen: I thought she existed in the present day Arrow timeline (2016)?

Yet here she is hanging out with the JSA of 1942...

Is it the same actress? If so, does she play a different Vixen? (like the present day Vixen's grandmother, or something?)

ZeroX03

Banned
Has it been explained why Vixen is suddenly from the 40's when she originally came from our time?

I'm confused about Vixen: I thought she existed in the present day Arrow timeline (2016)?

Is it the same actress? If so, does she play a different Vixen? (like the present day Vixen's grandmother, or something?)

It's a different Vixen with a different name and a different actress.

Ya'll really not paying a lot of attention.

Ray you go undercover with a bunch of Nazi's and you don't think you'll have to do the heil Hitler salute at some point? And you decide to start a fight instead of doing it to keep your cover? Come on man.

One of the dumbest plot points imo. But hey, logic doesn't make good tv.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Different Vixen.

Might even be a Flashpoint thing. Like how Flash running back in the comics somehow meant past stuff before he was born changed too.

Top Bottom