• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

Realeza

Banned
This episode was pure fire. Love to see Snart back, and Mick's betrayal was understandable.

Is Legends the most expensive CW show to make? Because the special effects are really impressive, and there's a lot of variety in settings.

Joni

This episode was pure fire. Love to see Snart back, and Mick's betrayal was understandable.

Is Legends the most expensive CW show to make? Because the special effects are really impressive, and there's a lot of variety in settings.
There is some clear cost cutting but it is quite expensive yes. Still I think it wouldn't be above Supergirl and the Flash. They both require a lot more new CG while Legends can use similar shots. And it doesn't have any CG power only character. Well, it does, but they don't use him to save money.

I forgot, is it just me of has Jax gotten jacked? Maybe it was the costume but he looked kinda like a tank in the Firestorm getup.

Dear GAF. Please stay calm. Keep yourself under control. I know what you're about to see will hurt you.

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/844765772782055425

You know what? I don't hate it.
Considering the turn around Arrow and Legends has had and Felicity not being an obnoxious well of bad drama this year, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Magwik

Banned
I forgot, is it just me of has Jax gotten jacked? Maybe it was the costume but he looked kinda like a tank in the Firestorm getup.

You know what? I don't hate it.
Considering the turn around Arrow and Legends has had and Felicity not being an obnoxious well of bad drama this year, I'm willing to give it a shot.

She's literally working for a terrorist organization.

Joni

It is the costume although he isn't exactly a skinny dude either. There just seems to be some custome padding to give him more muscles.

Zen Aku

I can't even remember the last time we saw Jax and Stein transformed. The Firestorm transformation is always a cool sequence.

She's literally working for a terrorist organization.

Not
an obnoxious well of bad drama
, he said. Which I dunno, I think is fair. She's
clearly in over her head, but it's been a matter of degrees, and we got episodes and episodes of her new buddies' toys being helpful to the team. Not like it's just for shits and giggles.

Magwik

Banned
Not
an obnoxious well of bad drama
, he said. Which I dunno, I think is fair. She's
clearly in over her head, but it's been a matter of degrees, and we got episodes and episodes of her new buddies' toys being helpful to the team. Not like it's just for shits and giggles.
But it's going to play exactly into Prometheus' plan of Oliver ruining the lives of everyone ):

ZeroX03

Banned
Re spoiler character:
Felicity has long been an "end justifies the mean" kind of person, Diggle was usually the one making moral calls* and she's actively encouraged Oliver to kill in the past. She had no problem doing any of the illegal things Oliver asked before she even knew who he was (and continued when he was still the serial killer Hood). Her falling into some pretty corrupt stuff for the greater good tracks fine with the character.

your boyfriend not telling you about a son at the mother's behest is not immoral, sorry Felicity

I'm surprised there's not more talk about the use of Jesus in this episode. Doesn't anyone else find it weird when genre shows use religion in this way? I mean, they basically "confirm" that Jesus is divine, his blood and thus the spear are mystical, yet this major major fact doesn't matter to anyone. I just find it funny. Like how Buffy would wear a cross and use Christian objects to hurt vampires, but everyone in the show is entirely irreligious otherwise.

(I'm not advocating for it to be otherwise, I just find this interesting and funny to note)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm surprised there's not more talk about the use of Jesus in this episode. Doesn't anyone else find it weird when genre shows use religion in this way? I mean, they basically "confirm" that Jesus is divine, his blood and thus the spear are mystical, yet this major major fact doesn't matter to anyone. I just find it funny. Like how Buffy would wear a cross and use Christian objects to hurt vampires, but everyone in the show is entirely irreligious otherwise.

(I'm not advocating for it to be otherwise, I just find this interesting and funny to note)

Magic, devils, and angels exist in the universe (thanks, Constantine).

Santa is a character that exists in both the DC and Marvel Universes (where he is an omega-level mutant).

Joni

Indeed. Constantine's presence in this world has already confirmed hell is real, which means heaven is likely as well. And resurrection isn't even that special to someone on the team, Sara has done the died and came back to life thing as well.

Makonero

I mean, that stuff is baseline DC Comics. If Zauriel the angel shows up next season on Arrow I wouldn't bat an eye.

He can have a fun religious debate with Mr. Terrific (who is a diehard atheist in the comics...which makes little sense in the DC Universe where they have demonstrable demons and angels but whatever)

Sölf

This episode was great. And damn, Mick and Snart just have such a good chemistry, I am glad Snart is back, especially as a villain. The promo also looks great. Man, I can't wait.

Platy

Just catching up on the episodes and LOL at the Apollo 13 episode ... "he can't go fast because he is in zero gravity"

...like he can't RUN but he can sure move his limbs fast =P

LotusHD

Banned
Dear GAF. Please stay calm. Keep yourself under control. I know what you're about to see will hurt you.

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/844765772782055425

giphy.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Well F it....i have to do it - i only watched the first episode of season 1 and didnt really care for the show. I already asked about it a couple of weeks ago and people itt assured me that season 2 was quite good.

My question...i dont really wanna see any of the s1 episodes but i wonder if i should at least watch the season finale or last 2 episodes...or if i can just start from s2. Only thing i really got from the other shows is that Snart is gone or sacrificed himself.

You don't really need to watch the first season. All you'll need to know is that Snart and the Hawks are gone, and so is Vandal Savage. They will recap Snart for you later on, and the others are irrelevant.

cw_sasuke

You don't really need to watch the first season. All you'll need to know is that Snart and the Hawks are gone, and so is Vandal Savage. They will recap Snart for you later on, and the others are irrelevant.

Perfect, thanks.

LOL@Hawks/Savage being irrelvant.....werent they the mayor story point of S1 ? I hated them thats why i didnt even bother with the show.

Edit:

Hawkgirl was hot though...so i will kinda miss her lol.

cw_sasuke

So i just watched the first episode.

Holy shit...Damien Dark and Eobard Thawne are in the show ? Well of course its gonna be good.

Also this show is crazy....!!

Edit:

lol@Mike from Suits being in this...crazy.
Vandal Savage was the main villain of season 1. He got defeated. Why should he still be relevant?

True - he just seemed like a bigger deal since he was the reason why they were created in the first place.

cw_sasuke

Man you guys werent kidding...the show is entertaining as fuck...lol. They got Malcom Merlin too..badass.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 2: episode 16 "Doomworld"

After obtaining the Spear of Destiny, the Legion of Doom rewrites reality, leaving the Legends changed, perhaps forever. Frightfully, the Legends’ and the world’s hopes rest with Rory, but being the “hero” is not easy for him. Meanwhile, there is tension within the Legion of Doom and the reason why the Spear of Destiny needs to be destroyed is revealed.
- Promo for this week's episode.

GulAtiCa

Some Finale talk (about a week old, so mostly talks about last episode)
http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/03/2...th-and-caity-lotz-tease-a-big-season-2-finale

But does mention Katie Cassidy role in finale:
Apparently it's 1 scene and it's an emotional scene for Sara & Laurel.

I'm thinking:
Likely not Black Siren and just Laurel, in a way that allows Sara to finally be able to say goodbye.
Makes me wonder about next year:
I hope in the eventual crossover, Sara gets to meet Black Siren, shall be fun and confusing for her. lol

Also, really looking forward to tonight's episode.

Joni

Some Finale talk (about a week old, so mostly talks about last episode)
http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/03/2...th-and-caity-lotz-tease-a-big-season-2-finale

But does mention Katie Cassidy role in finale:
Apparently it's 1 scene and it's an emotional scene for Sara & Laurel.

I'm thinking:
Likely not Black Siren and just Laurel, in a way that allows Sara to finally be able to say goodbye.
Makes me wonder about next year:
I hope in the eventual crossover, Sara gets to meet Black Siren, shall be fun and confusing for her. lol

Also, really looking forward to tonight's episode.

Black Siren is mentioned in the official cast list for one of the episodes.

Joni

For Legends this year? I know about Arrow of course. Currently just says Laurel Lance for Finale for Legends (granted Laurel can mean either version), and given the talk before, I'm thinking Earth-1 version.
Yeah, seems like I'm mistaken. Some articles misinterpreted the finale casting.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm pretty excited for tonight's episode. Guggenheim is gonna out-Flashpoint the Flash.

Top Bottom