• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

Jhoan

Ice cold. I'm guessing that Rip is going to have to bail them out considering that he wasn't found after he gets out of his state.

Thawne is just that dude. He literally told all of them, jobbing off, he could kill them in the blink of an eye.

Black Flash is probably a key player. They're going to use him to end Thawne's reign or something like that.

Jhoan

That reveal in the end brings the episode full circle. No wonder the camera rack focused from that toy ship to Thawne in the beginning of the episode. It was the Wave Rider the whole time.

Deadly

So good. Reverse Flash is just killing it.

Merlyn and Dhark are idiots though. Should have unleashed the Black Flash right there but I guess that's for the next episode.

I'm also glad everything wasn't concluded in one episode. The finale next week is going to be some good stuff!

ZeroX03

Banned
I can post this in the Arrow thread, right? It's not a big spoiler.

felicitydeath3aubl.gif

I thought Felicity would have like, a presence in the whole episode (and I was okay with that) but LMAO! I actually feel bad for Guggenheim's potential Twitter mentions. Damien killing everyone, Eobard is still such a dick. RIP until the next episode Amaya. :(

Now that they've been "locked" into 2017 B, how are they going to go back to 1916 A?

This show has improved so much this season.

Maddocks

I think the best thing about sara killing felicity was when she got her memories back, she didn't react like.......omg i killed felicity.......she just didn't care, and didn't care enough to even address it.

ZeroX03

Banned
I think the best thing about sara killing felicity was when she got her memories back, she didn't react like.......omg i killed felicity.......she just didn't care, and didn't care enough to even address it.

Weird considering she taught Felicity how to fight.
I ship it.

tumblr_n1nk7yz1XO1rni9oto1_250.gif
tumblr_n1nk7yz1XO1rni9oto4_250.gif
2b90cc9d82e7a8272742689f73f52e4e97099d1d_hq.gif

TheOddOne

- A|V Club Review: Legends Of Tomorrow’s adventure in “Doomworld” plays it too safe.
- IGN: DC's Legends of Tomorrow: "Doomworld" Review.
- TVLine: Legends of Tomorrow's Doomworld Had Death, Easter Eggs and One 'Tiny' Twist.
- EW: Legends of Tomorrow recap: 'Doomworld'.
- EW: Legends of Tomorrow boss, cast on that shocking Felicity twist.
“We all recognized, ‘Well, who are we going to use from our Arrowverse?'” Guggenheim continues. “It’s always nice when you can pull in a character from one of the other shows. We talked about a lot of different ideas, and I said, ‘Since this is an alternate reality and we’ll probably never have the opportunity to do so again, I think it would be fun if we did Felicity as a superhero,’ because I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: I have zero intention of ever putting Felicity in a mask and costume on Arrow. So this is really the only circumstance by which we could do it.”

Though her superhero name wasn’t used in the episode, or even scripted for that matter, Guggenheim notes that it would probably be Overwatch as a nod to her codename on Arrow. Alas, she’s really not on screen long enough for that to matter. “Yes, it just so happens that she’s killed,” Guggenheim says. “There’s no statement behind it, there’s no meta commentary, it really was the scene existed first and the idea to have that scene be Felicity as a superhero came second. Once we made it Felicity, I didn’t want to then change what our original intent was, which was to kill the superhero. So that’s how it all came together. But I hope people enjoy it in the spirit in which it was intended.”
Despite this version of Felicity meeting her maker, is there a chance we could ever see her again? It’s not likely. “There’s two lines in the sand that I’ve drawn for Arrow for myself,” Guggenheim says. “I can’t speak for Greg [Berlanti] or for Wendy [Mericle], but for as long as I’m involved with the show, the two things I never want to do is kill off Thea [Willa Holland] and put Felicity in a mask and a costume. Those, to me, are two lines that I just think are a bridge too far. Thea, because we’ve taken so many family members away from Oliver, and Felicity because when you put a character like that in a costume, I think it diminishes who that character is and it makes the idea of superheroics seem silly.”

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This washed the taste of tonight's Flash out of my mouth. This might have been the funniest episode they've ever done, which helps ease you over the ridiculousness. The emotional beats were very solid too, like Amaya being the one to vocalize having faith in Mick. They established that at the beginning of the season, so it was nice to see it wasn't a forgotten point.

Almost every scene had a great moment. Like Darhk commenting on how Sara doesn't stay dead, or Darhk and Nate almost high fiving, or all of the Legion of Doom in fighting.

ZeroX03

Banned
If Merlyn had the spear, he would've just blanket won. That's wild. He also seemed to have given himself the most modest of timeline changes, he didn't even kill Nyssa!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Felicity haters must savor this moment lol

If I didn't already know that was Felicity, I probably wouldn't have recognized her. I'm so used to the light hair and glasses.

sirap

This might be the best episode yet comedic wise. Timing was on point and every actor executed their delivery perfectly.

Zen Aku

I literally can't see how they can write the Legends out of this mess without introducing some new Ex Machina device.

The spear is destroyed so the only thing that can change reality is gone.

You can't go back in time and interferes with events you're in cause apparently time will fold on itself and everyone cease to exist. (Which is bs considering Barry does it like every other Tuesday).

ZeroX03

Banned
I literally can't see how they can write the Legends out of this mess without introducing some new Ex Machina device.

The spear is destroyed so the only thing that can change reality is gone.

You can't go back in time and interferes with events you're in cause apparently time will fold on itself and everyone cease to exist. (Which is bs considering Barry does it like every other Tuesday).

The Spear is as macguffin as it gets. And they said time *might* fold in on itself. They'll do it, and everything will be fine.

LotusHD

Banned
But Barry is an idiot while Eobard isn't, at least for the most part.

Eh I dunno, a speedster supervillain, yet he repeatedly refuses to just take no chances and kill them all "in a blink of an eye". I mean obviously we know we can't, but it can be immersion breaking at times, because an evil dude with superspeed is one of the scariest things ever.

Grizzlyjin

Eh I dunno, a speedster supervillain, yet he repeatedly refuses to just take no chances and kill them all "in a blink of an eye". I mean obviously we know we can't, but it can be immersion breaking at times, because an evil dude with superspeed is one of the scariest things ever.

Yeah, writing for speedsters must be tough because they continuously have to come up with excuses why they don't just snap everyone's neck. It's more of an issue on Flash because every main speedster villain needs some excuse why he doesn't just wipe everyone out.

Although, I didn't mind it too much here. They played it about as well as you can. Like if Thawne had killed Amaya but nobody else, that wouldn't make sense. Or if he killed someone in the Legion, that would also be lame. There was a nice touch when he was explaining that the decision wasn't out of sentimentality, and just as he said that line he patted Ray on the shoulder.

Top Bottom