• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Have had to take a break from this lately. Just too tired and too much other things to do (and play!). Will get back into it at some point, but have hammered it a lot lately, so a time out might be good lol.

Eolz

Some really great matches tonight!

Have had to take a break from this lately. Just too tired and too much other things to do (and play!). Will get back into it at some point, but have hammered it a lot lately, so a time out might be good lol.

Completely understandable.
It's often better to take a break from some games (or other stuff) from time to time to still like it and come back to it even stronger.

And well, playing nearly every night can get tiring too.

It take SCEE is doing an SCEE with the latest Ninja Catalog? Haven't seen it since it was supposed to be out.

Yes, it's SCEE being SCEE, DLC was initially listed in the store update but never showed up on the actual store and it was then removed from the list. At least they acknowledged it, should be out tomorrow. :/

U0xND0C.png

I honestly have no idea how they'll manage to fix all the DLC transfers by the 17th, like they said they would've. So far we only have an ETA for the Hot Getaway pack, which is tomorrow (today if you live in the US), and funnily enough that was the only pack working for me. And even if they do fix everything by the 17th (which looks unlikely right now) then it would be a 2 months wait from release, which is still incredibly ridiculous.

This whole DLC thing is a mess, I spent a lot of money on Ultimate and now I'm locked out of all the stuff I payed for, it really makes me angry. I'm slowly adding money to my PSN account because I'd like to buy the season pass, but I'm honestly having doubts with all these delays, 90€ could be better spent elsewhere. :/

That's why it was incredibly bold of KT and Team Ninja to actually report that SCEE had "promised" to sort it out by the 17th. I believe KT Europe removed their tweet about it shortly after, likely hearing the fans and realising that a promise is never a promise with SCEE and the track record they have with DOA.

Even so, it's an absolute disgrace. If they really don't get it sorted by the 17th after "promising" us and all the constant shit they put fans through, it's just unforgivable. And Team Ninja will be the ones delivering all the apologies when the time comes, receiving a whole load of shit from fans, when it should be directed towards SCEE.

Demoskinos

Man, I feel bad for you guys. :( What the fuck is wrong with them? It can not be that difficult to get a piece of DLC on the marketplace.

Eolz

Some good/fun matches from yesterday's lobbies (there were more but either couldn't record them or just weren't as good as I thought replaying them):
vs Demoskinos (Bayman vs Rachel), and vs SilverScarfFox (Sarah vs Jacky).
Lost both matches but they were really great to play and watch :p

Man, I feel bad for you guys. :( What the fuck is wrong with them? It can not be that difficult to get a piece of DLC on the marketplace.

You'd think so right?

Manp

Yes, it's SCEE being SCEE, DLC was initially listed in the store update but never showed up on the actual store and it was then removed from the list. At least they acknowledged it, should be out tomorrow. :/

U0xND0C.png

this is probably a dumb question. i still can't use pretty much none of the costumes i have on the PS3 on the disk PS4 version. last i checked was a week ago.

there's only one pack i can download from the PS4 store that i got way back on PS3 (some bath suits pack). every other costume shows up in the PS4 version as not downloaded.

is this still fucked up on SCEE part or is there something wrong whit what i'm doing?

:|

this is probably a dumb question. i still can't use pretty much none of the costumes i have on the PS3 on the disk PS4 version. last i checked was a week ago.

there's only one pack i can download from the PS4 store that i got way back on PS3 (some bath suits pack). every other costume shows up in the PS4 version as not downloaded.

is this still fucked up on SCEE part or is there something wrong whit what i'm doing?

Nothing wrong with you - it's SCEE. I have plenty of PS3 DLC that doesn't show up on my PS4. They've said it's supposed to be fixed by 17th April, but it will be a miracle if they keep their word.

Yeah, as Azuardo says it's on SCEE. What you managed to download was the Hot Getaway pack I assume, which is what SCEE said they'd fix tomorrow. So they'll fix something that's already working. Hot Getaway is apparently the only DLC not working in the US and the only one working in EU.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally got around to downloading Honoka and Raidou on my ps3. :)
Then I realized that after the game updated to LR, everyone got at least 1 new costume so I went about unlockign those.
I looked at the Senran Kagura pack but I just refuse to pay that much for some costumes. Plus, being on ps3 with no destruction you would think they would be half the price, but I guess they have to keep the price the same because DLC transfers between ps3 and ps4.
The only 2 trophies between me and platinum are completing the training tutorial (90% done) and completing a character's combo training. Who has the easiest one?

Demoskinos

Then I realized that after the game updated to LR, everyone got at least 1 new costume so I went about unlockign those.
I looked at the Senran Kagura pack but I just refuse to pay that much for some costumes. Plus, being on ps3 with no destruction you would think they would be half the price, but I guess they have to keep the price the same because DLC transfers between ps3 and ps4.
The only 2 trophies between me and platinum are completing the training tutorial (90% done) and completing a character's combo training. Who has the easiest one?

You'll get various answers on that I'm going to say Leon is pretty much the easiest.

Manp

Nothing wrong with you - it's SCEE. I have plenty of PS3 DLC that doesn't show up on my PS4. They've said it's supposed to be fixed by 17th April, but it will be a miracle if they keep their word.

Yeah, as Azuardo says it's on SCEE. What you managed to download was the Hot Getaway pack I assume, which is what SCEE said they'd fix tomorrow. So they'll fix something that's already working. Hot Getaway is apparently the only DLC not working in the US and the only one working in EU.

thanks guys. this is fucking incredible, the game has been out for two months and they still haven't fixed shit with the whole dlc debacle :|

can SCEE be any more shit?! :(

Looks like they're fixing it? I can't believe this. I'm now able to download Halloween 2013 outfits. Full sets still don't show up as free, but some individual outfits are now available and they're free. So far only part of the Halloween 2013 outfits are available, but considering some outfits from other packs are there (which I can't download because I never bought them) it's safe to assume they're slowly updating the store.

Hmm yeah, I was able to add some Halloween 2013 and 2014 outfits for the guys, and one Christmas 2014 outfit for Hayate. Still a lot to put up, but hopefully it is trickling out throughout the day (or year lool).

I've managed to get all the outfits I had for Ultimate, so yay, they fixed everything.

I also went ahead and got the Tropical Sexy pack for PS3 since it's somehow still discounted since last summer, so I also managed to save 6€ on that pack. :p
Can't say no to random discounts.

Fake Edit: no wait, they still haven't fixed everything, still no debut outfits for Marie Rose and no Private Paradise movies yet. I only care about the Marie Rose outfits though.

UK Store is still way behind.

I thought the Italian store was behind too because I couldn't find a lot by searching "DOA5LR", which is what I usually do, but I managed to find everything by simply searching for the name of the pack and then filtering for PS4, for example "Halloween". You could try that if you haven't already.

If I search "Halloween" it just gives me the two bundle pack for 2013 and 2014. Can't do any further filtering from the search for individual costumes. I'll give it some time and see if it's simpler to browse later.

Kuksune

Jacky's pretty easy :)

Getting my remaining DLCs from this link through the UK Store. I imagine that works for other EU stores too.

Restore your licenses after getting them all if they don't show up in-game.

Finally got all mine now :)

Yeah, Marie Rose debut set is still missing here, same for most of the private paradise videos, but most of the stuff works so it's nice already.

This prompted me to get back to DOA and try some combo challenges, I often get stuck at around 90/95% completed with various characters. :/
So far only one I've completed is Tina's, with Nyotengu closely behind at 95% and a single combo missing. I'll get there eventually.

Demoskinos

Should be good for lobby tonight. Won't be home until like 6pm though. I'm sad my Marie skills have seemingly fallen off. On the bright side I've seemed to get much better with Rachel. :)

Manp

i can confirm all costumes are available on the EU store (Italy). if you still miss some try searching the character name and see if some costumes come up as "free". i noticed some costumes names are in the wrong language (at least a couple show up with a russian caption) for me.

fucking finally :)

edit: all paradise thingies are also available

edit2: they could have come up with a better way than having to "buy" all the costumes from the store one by one :|

i can confirm all costumes are available on the EU store (Italy). if you still miss some try searching the character name and see if some costumes come up as "free". i noticed some costumes names are in the wrong language (at least a couple show up with a russian caption) for me.

fucking finally :)

edit: all paradise thingies are also available

edit2: they could have come up with a better way than having to "buy" all the costumes from the store one by one :|

Yeah, Hitomi's Tropical Sexy outfit is in Russian for example, which I found quite funny to be honest since I thought they didn't upload it at first because I couldn't find it.

I guess the one by one thing is there in case you only bought individual outfits on PS3, which makes sense since the store doesn't seem to detect if you own all of them (Halloween 2013 Pack is still showing as a non free item for me, even though I own every single outfit of that pack). It's not ideal, sure, but the important thing is that it works.

On a side note, I'd like to try and join one of the lobbies one day but I have tons of problems on hand, mainly my terrible connection (2Mbit download / 0.2Mbit upload) and the fact that I can't play wired, I can only use wireless. :/
Heh, maybe one day I'll upgrade my internet plan.

Eolz

Yeah I got the latest Christmas costumes for free for some reason

That Bayman pick was a mistake lmao I'm terrible with him.

Ahah, not enough holds and throws! :p
Picked relatively random characters apart from when you picked Bayman, didn't want to lose...

I may try to hop on for a Friday night one.

I also obtained MKX and have no idea what to expect. Last one I played was MK Gold on Dreamcast, but I never got into MK properly. We'll see how it is when this fat bugger finishes downloading tomorrow.

Top Bottom