• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

I'd play if the time suits me. PS4, bad player.

Name your preferred times and we'll see if we can get some other EU people together to work around it. A newbie scrubby friend of mine has just downloaded the F2P version, so hoping to get him online at some point too. Show him the ropes.

Eolz

Thanks to all those in the Lobby last night, I had to step put but it looks like we had good matches.

Roll call for evening gaf lobby.
Also which time is better for you guys? 6:30 or 7:30?

7 :p. I'm good for tonight btw, sorry for the last few days.

can all you guys complete the arcade mode on legendary?

how well does fighting com players translate to fighting human players?

Yes.
About as well as any Solo compared to Multi: it gives you some good basics and might help you get some habits, but real players obviously can change strategies and patterns, and the netcode can be unexpected :p

onimonkii

Banned
any tips for doing a raijin on a pad?

it's the last move i need to complete all the command training and it's driving me insane

edit: lmao i tried the last part on the analog stick and got it second try...

any tips for doing a raijin on a pad?

it's the last move i need to complete all the command training and it's driving me insane

edit: lmao i tried the last part on the analog stick and got it second try...

Analogue is always the way to go to nail those buggers.

Skipping lobby again. Weekdays getting too tiring. Might be on tomorrow night for a bit instead.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I dunno if I can use the keyboard controls.

J-Hold
K-Punch
L-Kick

Is doing my head in. Especially when:

M-Throw (P+H)
N-Appeal/Taunt

I get that KJ together would equal M but it's throwing me off because I can't consistently get two button prompts down. I'm too used to just pressing M/Throw button to do throws. :/

AdamT

I've been sick the last 2 days. Remote play in bed has been nice, but I'd get stomped online. I should be available this weekend for the lobby.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So what's the word on the PC version? Is there any reason to look into it if you have a PS4?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So I haven't played this is a month or so. Moved and all that. Can't get a wired connection in the room my stuff is in and bought a Nighthawk router to get "gaming class" wireless. Worked great when I tried it on USF4 on PS3. Worked horribly when I tried it on this game, on PS4. Hope that was just a bad test attempt or I am just going to have to get a super-long ethernet cable for when I want to do some PS4 online gaming.

Ferr986

+higher resolution
+anti aliasing
+mods
-no soft engine
-missing two stages
-no online for 3 months
-xinput controllers aren't button mapped correctly

Soft engine is barely noticeable. The stages though, it sucks becuase even if they mod them you wouldn't be able to play them online, but probably not a big deal for some.
I will probably get it once it gets online and is cheap enough. For what I saw it looks so good with proper AA+ Sweet FX.

AAK

So I haven't played this is a month or so. Moved and all that. Can't get a wired connection in the room my stuff is in and bought a Nighthawk router to get "gaming class" wireless. Worked great when I tried it on USF4 on PS3. Worked horribly when I tried it on this game, on PS4. Hope that was just a bad test attempt or I am just going to have to get a super-long ethernet cable for when I want to do some PS4 online gaming.

Did you think about trying power line adapters?

Demoskinos

You might try setting a static IP address and enabling DMZ on that address. No guarantees but that might work.

Hubb

Soft engine is barely noticeable. The stages though, it sucks becuase even if they mod them you wouldn't be able to play them online, but probably not a big deal for some.

I actually wouldn't mind that one new stage not being playable online. The physics are all over the place.

ShinMaruku

That one stage changes everything though. Stages really change how the game is played. Take home for example, it changes completely.

Who is game for a GAF lobby?
Or should I just mark today as an off day.

Hubb

Oh I know, and I am only partially serious. The stage just seems so random, I can never tell when someone is going to be pushed back up high enough to continue a juggle or not. Of course I would prefer to have the option to play on it than not have it at all.

Lyte Edge

Did you think about trying power line adapters?

Tried that first; didn't work. I guess the wiring in my place is weird. I got amazing results in the kitchen but shitty results in the bedroom where my PS4 is. So I went for the Nighthawk as a backup. On my PC when I test the signal I get very good results but the PS4 is only getting around 12-14 Mpbs down and 2.5-2.9 Mpbs up. Maybe that's normal for it? No idea.

I have an old Airport Express lying around and tried using it as a bridge, then plugged the PS4 into it with an ethernet cable, but I saw no differences.

You might try setting a static IP address and enabling DMZ on that address. No guarantees but that might work.

Might have to try this. I guess I definitely need to put the PS4 outside the DMZ regardless though, right?

One thing though. Tonight I tried LR online again. Much better connections came up in the search results. So maybe things were weird the other day.

Lyte Edge

I tried forwarding the ports and got a small improvement. Is there any advantage to using DMZ instead?

ShinMaruku

I guess. It just seems more practical to stick with Punch Kick and Holds over stuff like the Izuna Drop.

It depends on the character and who you are fighting. When you play long enough izuna drop becomes kind of simple like just a simple punch.
Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9SJCpClR1A Go to the last round and watch how I finish it. I pressed enough buttons that he would press counter giving me time to put in 236236T and land B.U.R.S.T

Kuksune

Yaay, I can finally post on neogaf after 1,5 years of lurking Gaf.

If any of you wanna play DOA with me then just ask. Can only play during weekends though.

Looks like Sweden, going from his profile - in which case, that's great for me. Need more Europeans on my list, so feel free to add me (PSN is same as GAF name).

Stanng243

So tomorrow in the US, Wednesday elsewhere, the Hot Getaway costumes are supposed to be unlocked in the PS4 version of Dead or Alive if you bought the Complete Dead or Alive Ultimate Costumes.

Eolz

Shoukd come to the lobby tonight, wasn't able to those last few days.

Weird for the Ninja SCEE thing, since they also advertised hot getaway for this week as well if I remember well.

Also, nice to see newcomers in the thread!

Top Bottom