• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Korigama

Hm, things aren't especially active here at this point, but I figured that I might as well ask anyway. Assuming one had about $10 to spend on DLC for this, what would be the better choice: Naotora + one or two bonus costumes for other characters, or Mai + one bonus costume for someone?

Kuksune

Naotora sucks. I would go for Mai.
Yup she sucks hard.
Hm, things aren't especially active here at this point, but I figured that I might as well ask anyway. Assuming one had about $10 to spend on DLC for this, what would be the better choice: Naotora + one or two bonus costumes for other characters, or Mai + one bonus costume for someone?

Mai is much more fun than Nao.

I don't know why they are shoving Naotora in our faces so much. She isn't highly ranked as a favourite character in Warriors, and yet they have thrown her into Musou Stars too. There are far better Warriors women to use instead of her. Ones that don't fight despite hating conflict and say sorry all the damn time.

DR2K

Banned

Mai is the better character, plus more fun to use. Naotora is just kick gimmicks and no string manipulation. I'm surprised how terrible she is.

Korigama

Hmm, so Naotora's not particularly good then. Very well, I'll keep that in mind (admittedly was leaning toward Mai as a KoF player, but had been considering a possible alternative since she was more expensive between the two and didn't come with extra costumes at the base price). Thanks for the advice.

KillLaCam

Banned
I don't know why they are shoving Naotora in our faces so much. She isn't highly ranked as a favourite character in Warriors, and yet they have thrown her into Musou Stars too. There are far better Warriors women to use instead of her. Ones that don't fight despite hating conflict and say sorry all the damn time.

The sorry thing is beyond annoying

Eolz

Well at least Naotara is not coming back in DOA6...
They'll probably try to make a new fighter with the same intent though (accessible for every player).

I would like to play again in a gaf lobby some time, but need people to be up for it. But I think there is just a lot of new stuff lately that people are busy playing other things.

Should I get this game gaf? Ever since I saw the clearance price for the xbox one at Target, I was thinking of getting one for ps4 but they ran out.

Loona

Should I get this game gaf? Ever since I saw the clearance price for the xbox one at Target, I was thinking of getting one for ps4 but they ran out.

Is there no F2P version on Xbox like there is on PSN? That could help you get a feel for the game (or at least of the available characters, between the 4 always available ones plus the 2 whose availability keeps rotating).

Timu

Is there no F2P version on Xbox like there is on PSN? That could help you get a feel for the game (or at least of the available characters, between the 4 always available ones plus the 2 whose availability keeps rotating).
There is one for Xbox One.

Eolz

Some people might like this new Musou Stars poster pic :p

7iE5WlL.png

Ayane is finally in! (not a surprise obviously)

Marie is absolutely killing it there. I love her hair.

I really need to brush up more on Koei's games. Don't know many of them, and others I just know but haven't played the games. It only interests me for the few DOA reps.

Hope they get these images hi-rezzed up and online soon.

Has anyone tried this game with the PS4 Pro's boost mode? I know the game is already 60fps but were there any areas that stuttered or had performance issues that we can test?

Timu

Frame rate.
Frame rate is everything to them.
While that's a good thing, it's a last gen game on more powerful hardware, PS4 can easily have this game with AA, heck even post processing AA would had been good enough since it won't drop performance.

While that's a good thing, it's a last gen game on more powerful hardware, PS4 can easily have this game with AA, heck even post processing AA would had been good enough since it won't drop performance.

Not if they wanted to have somewhat better textures and more booby skin physics.

I tried out the free to play on steam. It's okay. I checked out the tutorial and there are a lot of list that teaches you how to play which is pretty cool. I got to the part where you have to press any direction + holds when your opponent either does a mid, low, or high attacks. It's pretty hard, so I stopped for now. I also noticed, when I played survival, that there was a bit of a slow down. Should I get this on PC or PS4 if I plan to get this game? I'm still kind of neutral at the moment.

Eolz

I tried out the free to play on steam. It's okay. I checked out the tutorial and there are a lot of list that teaches you how to play which is pretty cool. I got to the part where you have to press any direction + holds when your opponent either does a mid, low, or high attacks. It's pretty hard, so I stopped for now. I also noticed, when I played survival, that there was a bit of a slow down. Should I get this on PC or PS4 if I plan to get this game? I'm still kind of neutral at the moment.

PS4 has better graphics and better online. Also able to buy one costume if you want instead of packs (more often on sale on PS4). It just has a better support from TN/KT.
If you got the possibility to get either, I wouldn't go with PC unless you're just there for mods tbh...

PS4 has better graphics and better online. Also able to buy one costume if you want instead of packs (more often on sale on PS4). It just has a better support from TN/KT.
If you got the possibility to get either, I wouldn't go with PC unless you're just there for mods tbh...

Yeah, mods would be the only reason to get the pc.

stn

Is there a site which tells you how to turn a character's back to foe? If yes, I hope its been updated to include Neotora and Mai.

Some sales on DOA merch at this France-based site. Koei approved.

I bought the Kas t-shirt at full price, so a bit gutted to see it get such a big discount here. I kinda wanna buy another lol. There's not much there now, but might appeal to some of you.

Eolz

Some DLC packs on sale, both PS4 and X1 (seems to end on the 21st):
- Gust Mashup at -35%
- Valentine's Day at -30%
- Ultimate Momiji at -50% (same for Mila, Tina and Kasumi)
- Hot Summer at -25%
- Newcomer Set at -25%
+ the game and probably some other content on sale on Steam (end this weekend).

Eolz

Chinese Dress costumes coming Feb 14th.

Cute! Recolors as usual, but I like it.
Better pic of the Arcsys collab, coming in march:
I guess we can say that Bullet will be Mila at least :p
Christie should be I-No, but I can see Ayane getting it too...

edit: honestly, this collab is thread worthy when it will get trailer + screenshots :p

Yeah, I like these dresses. Might get Kas'.

Elphelt for Honoka?
Platinum for Marie? Or you could say Noel for Marie, because flat chest? But I figure MC Noel = MC Kasumi.

Nine is one of my faves in BB, so interested where she goes. Same with Makoto.

Hubb

Well I got myself pretty hyped for the Aquaplus costumes and wound up not buying any. Not sure I want to repeat that here. Hopefully Ayane/Helena/Marie get costumes I actually like.

Chinese dresses look pretty nice.

Top Bottom