• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Just the SK costumes are going to have destruction. (Supposedly) I dont think it applies to other ones unless its an update and patched in.

I understand this be at first when I heard about the Seran Kagura costumes weeks ago I thought it was just a cute collaboration but to allow those suits to have the same affect that they are known for from their series is impressive

considering they did not build DOA with that in mind

Hubb

I understand this be at first when I heard about the Seran Kagura costumes weeks ago I thought it was just a cute collaboration but to allow those suits to have the same affect that they are known for from their series is impressive

considering they did not build DOA with that in mind

Depending on how popular it is, I am sure you can look forward to it in DoA6.

Anastasia

Dunno how I haven't posted in here yet. This is the first DoA game I've ever played, but it's got me really interested in the series now. Really love playing it.

Also I added myself to the secret cool club list. ;o

Eolz

Hmm. Perhaps just done their best to get rid of major issues and got it out the door ASAP. Could be working on further crash issues that are less frequent.

You can't guarantee the elimination of all issues...

This. It's not a question of "sucking" or whatever. You don't do patches like that to release immediately on consoles, when you also need to make Sony/MS try those before allowing their release. The "a" in the "1.01a" really shows that this is a hotfix.

However, of course this isn't a excuse for the state of the game.

Hubb

I sure hope you didnt pay 93 dollars for costumes. I mean if you love the game I guess, but that's just incentive to do this garbage more often.

It isn't garbage though. I'm all for people supporting the company with meaningless DLC purchases. Keeps the support for the game coming and keeps TN interested in making it. It is a nice thought to want each costume to be 25 cents, but that isn't going to happen.

AlStrong

Also, those costumes will actually include costume destruction which is famous in SK games.

hm... interesting. I wonder if they'll implement it fully for the next game. They've already got the bras showing after getting sweaty/wet. :p Imagine Nyotengu's outfits getting torn. :eek:

I sure hope you didnt pay 93 dollars for costumes. I mean if you love the game I guess, but that's just incentive to do this garbage more often.

why do people even bother replying like this do you think you are shaming me for the way I spent my money? :p

I have no issue with supporting Team Ninja

the costumes are very well crafted and they do not impact gameplay so it is optional not forced so they should keep doing it this way for fans who wants this type of thing

at the end of this it will not be a game I have spent the most money on even after I get around to getting the Ultimate $93 pack this game will not be close to the top 5 of money burned on game fluff

Ferr986

hm... interesting. I wonder if they'll implement it fully for the next game. They've already got the bras showing after getting sweaty/wet. :p Imagine Nyotengu's outfits getting torn. :eek:

Honestly Soul Calibur 4 had clothing destruction and looked kind of ridiculous IMO. They had to tone it down on SC5 but still looked bad.
I mean you could end up in your undies if you were using some armors in your CAS character...

It isn't garbage though. I'm all for people supporting the company with meaningless DLC purchases. Keeps the support for the game coming and keeps TN interested in making it. It is a nice thought to want each costume to be 25 cents, but that isn't going to happen.

As long as it stays just for costumes and they use the money for improve the game (or atleast get the best out of DOA6) I'm OK with it too. It's optional stuff, so no harm for anyone. I just hope TN doesnt focus just on that for DOA6 and keep improving the game (like the improvement that is DOA5 compared to the older games gameplay wise)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
As long as it stays just for costumes and they use the money for improve the game (or atleast get the best out of DOA6) I'm OK with it too. It's optional stuff, so no harm for anyone. I just hope TN doesnt focus just on that for DOA6 and keep improving the game (like the improvement that is DOA5 compared to the older games gameplay wise)
Well I think they did the DLC well and they have supported the game with balance updates every few months using the fan feedback for most of the part. I think DOA6 will be fine with the current model they have going on.

DR2K

Banned

Last set was 2 costumes with 5 recolored each. Not a very good start for the season pass.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Dunno how I haven't posted in here yet. This is the first DoA game I've ever played, but it's got me really interested in the series now. Really love playing it.

Also I added myself to the secret cool club list. ;o

I missed this post. Welcome to the DOA community. Make sure to ask any questions since you shall receive answers asap by any of the people in this thread.

Also there is Free Step Dodge which can help you learn better the mechanics and characters.

AlStrong

Honestly Soul Calibur 4 had clothing destruction and looked kind of ridiculous IMO. They had to tone it down on SC5 but still looked bad.
I mean you could end up in your undies if you were using some armors in your CAS character...

Ah... fair enough.

They should add an "oily" mode on top of the wet & dirt skin shaders. :D

I wonder why I don't care about Mortal Kombat X hardly touched my Smash4 and will not look twice at Street Fighter V yet here I am 34 hours of playtime with this game

the bounce is strong

Ferr986

Well I think they did the DLC well and they have supported the game with balance updates every few months using the fan feedback for most of the part. I think DOA6 will be fine with the current model they have going on.

Thats cool. Last Round it's my first time with DOA5 so I dont know how much the game has been improving, but glad to hear it did.

Ah... fair enough.

They should add an "oily" mode on top of the wet & dirt skin shaders. :D

See, the dirt and sweat is something I like a lot. That feels more worth to keep improving for DOA6 IMO.

yisssss
B-33tGzXEAAyNHB.jpg:large

Because they fucking suck. PS4 versions keeps crashing with throwdowns. It's ridiculous.
Same. I get one or two, and then it just hangs until I restart the game.

Good god. Team Ninja games used to have Nintendo-esque levels of polish.

50 hour+ playtime already, part of the problem

Anastasia

I missed this post. Welcome to the DOA community. Make sure to ask any questions since you shall receive answers asap by any of the people in this thread.

Also there is Free Step Dodge which can help you learn better the mechanics and characters.

Thank you~ I've wanted to get better at combos and stuff so I'll be sure to make use of that.

I think this is the first fighting game where I haven't felt completely hopeless playing it lol.

Demoskinos

Thank you~ I've wanted to get better at combos and stuff so I'll be sure to make use of that.

I think this is the first fighting game where I haven't felt completely hopeless playing it lol.

Yes, its much less about flashy combos and way more about just fundamentals of knowing when to block/attack/throw. That's not to say you can't pull that stuff off but its way less of a focus than something like Tekken or Street Fighter.

I don't know how I've put 24+ hours (last I checked) into this game already.

Yet I still haven't gotten used to the sometimes 1-1.5 second input lag online lol.

Hubb

Last set was 2 costumes with 5 recolored each. Not a very good start for the season pass.

Oh I wasn't arguing that the season pass was or wasn't garbage. I meant to say the costume DLC practice they have in place is not garbage.

Squire

Banned
I think their business is really solid. I expect to see it continue with DOA6 and more than likely XBV3 before that.

But yeah, the costume sets where everyone gets a recolor of the same shit is always lame.

Hubb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...=iv&src_vid=-U5n_nz5bTg&v=S_lBSzV6YWY#t=24.3s

Worth a watch if you have some times. You don't need to watch all the videos. I recommend Combos, Triangle system, and Knockdown/Recovery. They are all good, but if you have 20 or so minutes I think those three would help the most.

ShinMaruku

If they had sense they'd use this as a text bed for xbv 3 and then use that as a gold mine. Then they can focus in other areas.

Eolz

Tbh, the "unlock everything" only make you save some hours of gameplay.
It's not as if it gave you all the private paradise videos or free DLC...

Anastasia

Yes, its much less about flashy combos and way more about just fundamentals of knowing when to block/attack/throw. That's not to say you can't pull that stuff off but its way less of a focus than something like Tekken or Street Fighter.

Yeah that's one of the things I appreciate about it. Though maybe that has to do with me not being good at combos. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...=iv&src_vid=-U5n_nz5bTg&v=S_lBSzV6YWY#t=24.3s

Worth a watch if you have some times. You don't need to watch all the videos. I recommend Combos, Triangle system, and Knockdown/Recovery. They are all good, but if you have 20 or so minutes I think those three would help the most.

Thanks! ^^ Going to be practicing all of this.

LUXURY

After being a fan of this series since the beginning, and just now with installment 5 getting into online play and really beginning to understand and learn my opponents, it feels quite fucking good to hear my friends rage about me beating them instead of the other way around. I can't explain why it took me all of 5 and 5 Ultimate to finally get myself together, but I am glad I didn't give up. Fighting games are the hardest to learn in my opinion. So if anyone is struggling, do not give up. KEEP AT IT! Also, I did most of my training offline in versus mode with the AI set to 8. Between that and online with friends I'm finally getting somewhere. My Sarah and I are kicking ass.

Top Bottom