• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

I always go the random costume for a surprise and never enjoy it when I get the santa or cheerleader costumes. Is there a way to turn off certain costumes when you randomize?

No, but this is something that has been brought up frequently in here already. I'm definitely putting that in my survey.

You should do the survey, too, once you've spent some time with the game :)

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/doa5lr_eu (EU)
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/doa5lr_na (NA)

IconGrist

As a Mila main the amount of times I've been kicked from lobbies because I "grab too much" is a bit irritating. I mean, grabs aren't free, I have to earn them a majority of the time. I've seen a few Mila's online who don't even try for takedowns. When I ask why they say because that's cheap. I have to disagree. I mean, might as well tell Rig players they aren't allowed to kick.

cwistofu

As a Mila main the amount of times I've been kicked from lobbies because I "grab too much" is a bit irritating. I mean, grabs aren't free, I have to earn them a majority of the time. I've seen a few Mila's online who don't even try for takedowns. When I ask why they say because that's cheap. I have to disagree. I mean, might as well tell Rig players they aren't allowed to kick.

The internet will always have people who think throws/doing the same attack in fighting games are cheap. If it works, I'm going to do it to you until it doesn't work. If you can't deal then maybe you're playing the wrong game.

Eolz

I completed the survey and put the costume thing in the suggestions along with if Lisa or Mila are dropped in the next installment I'm out!
Really don't think they'll get dropped. Can only see the VF guests, Raidou and Honoka being dropped in 6. Maybe Phase 4 too, if she is replaced by the usual clone.

Wow, that's fucking stupid yeah.
"I'm not gonna spin as Ayane, that's cheap".

AlStrong

This thread sure got super srs.

sXWxTpj.jpg

nCtPHHF.jpg

Ferr986

When are you guys expecting DOA6 to be announced/come out? Relatively soon (as in next year) or not?

If they still have to do DOAX3 I expect DOA6 to come waaay later. I mean, I dont think they can do both games + Ninja Gaiden 4, and they also have to milk DOAX3 the most they can.

Eolz

When are you guys expecting DOA6 to be announced/come out? Relatively soon (as in next year) or not?

I was expecting it for fall 2016, but recent comments make me think it'll probably be more in the first half of 2017 now...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Not anytime soon. They have not indicated what exactly the rest of Team Ninja is working on, but Hayashi said they would only focus on DOA6 after this shipped, so i'm assuming they barely have a skeleton crew together for DOA6 at this point.

I guess they shuffle development studios throughout temco koei for all the other things they do

Eolz

I can't tell you why but you guys are way off. Don't expect anything anytime soon.

New characters and stages (and more) don't necessarily mean they can't work on something else as well. This console gen won't last until 2019 (well apart from usual crossgen stuff like this time), they won't wait that long to release 6, unless they want to make it a launch title, which would be a bit stupid.

Anyway, here's two pics from the artbook (finally received it today) that are pretty interesting: concept art of Nyotengu and Marie Rose. There's been some changes...

Ferr986

Just ended a random session with some nice people all around the same skill level. This game can be so fun in the right lobby.

All those Marie Rose designs are better than the final design...

These 2 speak to me

The white Marie is so cool. Way better than the final.
Also, ¿Fox? Tengu!

Eolz

I'm personnally glad we didn't get the fetish gothic lolita, but the other one is really good yeah. Hope we'll see some similar design in a future game, like we can see where the Honoka haircut came from.
I like the top middle design too (and the other art where she's mad at Ayane :p ).

I think that Nyotengu's final design is the best one though. They had some good/interesting drafts though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The white Marie is so cool. Way better than the final.
Also, ¿Fox? Tengu!

I think the final Nyotengu was the best tbh. There are some cool ones and others were extremely generic. I wish I had that arbook. Are they selling that separately?

Eolz

No, it's in the collector editions. It's possible the X1 editions will drop in price later, but I doubt it due to the Marie Rose mousepad.
Most of the artbook is from other artbooks but presented differently anyway. Still nice to have since it is hardcover.

It's interesting that they show some mensurations/size changes between 4 and 5 too. I don't remember them doing it officially in previous artbooks. There is some concept art for some cancelled characters that I don't remember seeing before too, they are nearly Darkstalkers-ish, so perhaps too different/outlandish.

Vazra

No, it's in the collector editions. It's possible the X1 editions will drop in price later, but I doubt it due to the Marie Rose mousepad.
Most of the artbook is from other artbooks but presented differently anyway. Still nice to have since it is hardcover.

It's interesting that they show some mensurations/size changes between 4 and 5 too. I don't remember them doing it officially in previous artbooks. There is some concept art for some cancelled characters that I don't remember seeing before too, they are nearly Darkstalkers-ish, so perhaps too different/outlandish.

Could you scan a few just to see the oddity?

Eolz

Didn't scan (sorry, lazy), but here they are:
It's more "Street Fighter Alpha"-ish actually. Seems that they were possibilities for DOA1 (1st pic) and 2 (2nd), and I can see why they were rejected tbh, they aren't especially memorable or original..

Edit:
Sure I agree, Nyo's final design is the best. Its just that Foxgirls are cool :p
I really like the idea that the "fox" character had artificial wings. That's pretty original.

Ferr986

I think the final Nyotengu was the best tbh. There are some cool ones and others were extremely generic. I wish I had that arbook. Are they selling that separately?

Sure I agree, Nyo's final design is the best. Its just that Foxgirls are cool :p

those deleted characters are ugly

Saw a topic on GAF about this recently, but after continued play on the DualShock 4, the d-pad wrecks my thumb in this game. It's much harder/sharper than the PS3 d-pad. For all the praise the controller gets, I do have some issues with it.

Thanks for those pics, btw. I do like that blonde Marie with the white scarf thing, but eh, I'm so used to her now. She's funny. Defo did pick the right Tengu. Some of those look too much like Bayonetta, and one looks like that glasses girl in Danganronpa.

Vazra

It's things like this which will stop the wider fighting game community take the DOA one seriously. What a stupid reaction.

I've seen similar shit on SF4 online tho. No specials, No Ultras and No Ryu and the Ryu shotos.

There is always rotten apples in the communities but usually you don't see those showing up on the tournaments.

Vazra

Yeah it's hardly exclusive to DOA. Non-fighting games people will say the same sorta thing. No this, no that.

No items, Fox Only, Final Destination...

Maybe I should do no Tina against you to give you a chance at winning ;)

KHlover

Banned
It's things like this which will stop the wider fighting game community take the DOA one seriously. What a stupid reaction.

Eh, that happens in all other fighting games with online multiplayer, too. I don't think anyone cares about randoms in online MP being scrubs.

Vazra

Yeah Smash Bros sprang to my mind too lol.

That game is so much better without items.

Oooo you cheeky bastard.

iRNMeDcQAhLwf.gif

We should try playing one of these days. I kinda want some good matches and lately I've been seeing people too low or too high for me.

We should try playing one of these days. I kinda want some good matches and lately I've been seeing people too low or too high for me.

I will be up for some today. I actually haven't been practicing much the last few days. Just doing command/combo challenge with people. Done all command trainings now.

Vazra

I will be up for some today. I actually haven't been practicing much the last few days. Just doing command/combo challenge with people. Done all command trainings now.

A bit later shall be the best time if its fine with you. 5pm my time would make it 10pm for you since you said you are UK I think. Can you play around that time?

LoveCake

Oh fellow GAFers i need help!!!!!

I have this on the PS4 (UK/EU) i did NOT get the previous version for PS3, i got the retail disc physical version of DOA5:LR & i have just gone into the PSN store & there are loads of costumes up for sale, i have got the free ones but there is also the season pass at £73.99 but looking at it, it has the list of costumes listed like Christmas etc but i have that costume already listed in the game on some fighters & it says that i have not yet unlocked that costume, i don't want to pay for something i already have on the actual game disc!

With the technology of today how can it be that my PS4 doesn't know what content i already have for a game so i don't accidently pay for it twice!

It even has at the bottom of the Ultimate Content Set this:

*Be careful not to re-purchase DLC you already own from DOA5U

BQZ4XJR.gif

Is there a list or something that will tell me which packs i need to actually buy?

Vazra

Oh fellow GAFers i need help!!!!!

I have this on the PS4 (UK/EU) i did NOT get the previous version for PS3, i got the retail disc physical version of DOA5:LR & i have just gone into the PSN store & there are loads of costumes up for sale, i have got the free ones but there is also the season pass at £73.99 but looking at it, it has the list of costumes listed like Christmas etc but i have that costume already listed in the game on some fighters & it says that i have not yet unlocked that costume, i don't want to pay for something i already have on the actual game disc!

With the technology of today how can it be that my PS4 doesn't know what content i already have for a game so i don't accidently pay for it twice!

It even has at the bottom of the Ultimate Content Set this:

*Be careful not to re-purchase DLC you already own from DOA5U

BQZ4XJR.gif

Is there a list or something that will tell me which packs i need to actually buy?

Basically there is a DLC bundle that gives you all the Outfits from Ultimate which some were included already in Last Round and the other bundle (which is less outfts) is the Season Pass that is the new outfits.

Eolz

The season pack is every new pack (apart from the preorder bonuses) until June or so: Ninja Clan 1-3, Senran Kagura and two unknown for now.
Ultimate is everything that is currently locked on disc and was released between Ultimate and Last Round, so since you didn't have a PS3 version before and DLC to transfer, everything will be new for you. However, not every content has been released on PS4/X1 yet.

Both packs are at the same price though, so remember to read the description.
There is a list of what is included in Last Round in the OP.

A bit later shall be the best time if its fine with you. 5pm my time would make it 10pm for you since you said you are UK I think. Can you play around that time?

Yeah pop me a message on here or PSN etc. I'll be checking the topic anyway, but will probably be making the most of my free time in FF14, too, but I will make sure to get on.

LoveCake

The season pack is every new pack (apart from the preorder bonuses) until June or so: Ninja Clan 1-3, Senran Kagura and two unknown for now.
Ultimate is everything that is currently locked on disc and was released between Ultimate and Last Round, so since you didn't have a PS3 version before and DLC to transfer, everything will be new for you. However, not every content has been released on PS4/X1 yet.

Both packs are at the same price though, so remember to read the description.
There is a list of what is included in Last Round in the OP.

So i have all these http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/costumes.html on the disc but are just locked until i fight enough to unlock them?

so i DO NOT need to buy this https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...615&et_rid=1549342&Linkid=PlusJanuaryInfamous

So which do i need to buy from here?
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...615&et_rid=1549342&Linkid=PlusJanuaryInfamous

Top Bottom