• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

IbukiLordSA

Nice pic. That is still Tinas best outfit, IMO - and she has a lot of good ones.
And Im so jealous of you Americans because you can get online comp any time you want. I haven't had 24 ranked games total in over a year :mad:

I know the feel, I am in South Africa and no one here plays ranked just a few lobbies here and there when it gets setup. Would love to play ranked games but just doing 10 throwdowns was bad enough, had so much lag in those games it was super frustrating even though I basically was just running forward so the matches could finish quicker.

Demoskinos

I play every day for 3-4 hours after work. Mostly training and survival. I have problems with countering highs and lows so I'm trying to work on that the most.

Training against AI even the tough AI is OK but the best thing to do is just get out there and play real people. Getting wrecked online is honestly the most efficient thing you could do to get better. It forces you to analyze what went right and wrong about any given match. Yeah, it sucks to lose but as long as your taking lessons away from the losses you wont be wasting your time. Also most of us playing seem to be about even skill level wise....well except for Xion...he was just destroying everyone. xD

Spuck-uk

Banned
Training against AI even the tough AI is OK but the best thing to do is just get out there and play real people. Getting wrecked online is honestly the most efficient thing you could do to get better. It forces you to analyze what went right and wrong about any given match. Yeah, it sucks to lose but as long as your taking lessons away from the losses you wont be wasting your time. Also most of us playing seem to be about even skill level wise....well except for Xion...he was just destroying everyone. xD

Well, getting wrecked offline is the best, but online with voice chat is a close second

Hubb

Malick[AI];154253372 said:
I feel like online in most cases you are better off just blocking everything but easy to read mid combos.

This is basically what I do. It is just generally safer for me, I usually get myself into more trouble if I try holding highs.

Haven't played since Thursday-Friday. Will probably pop online for an hour or two tonight.

Malick[AI];154253372 said:
I feel like online in most cases you are better off just blocking everything but easy to read mid combos.

Pretty much. Counters have been hit or miss for me online.

ShinMaruku

You were getting close. I had that fight then the taunt came out. And I was fucked. XD If you ar ehaving connection issues Ferr I will use my bullshit method to get you in.

Questi9n I played core fighters but I decided to get retail disc version l. I put it in and play as normal. It did an update but I still cant play story mode? Help?

Just found out that if I press menu on disc tile and click manage bundle it has all the dlc I need for full version so dl now...thank god thanks for help

xion4360

Sorry for the quality, but really don't know if there's any other way to share them than via the Share button, since they removed the possibility to upload directly to Youtube. The quality really isn't as good like this.

you could copy the clip to USB and then upload it to youtube from your PC. Im not sure what you mean by removed direct upload to Youtube...

Hackworth

I think it's been two weeks since I last asked: does anyone know what's the deal with the PC version? Is it based on current gen or last gen?

Eolz

you could copy the clip to USB and then upload it to youtube from your PC. Im not sure what you mean by removed direct upload to Youtube...

Well, on 360 I could upload a replay directly to youtube without a big loss in quality.
On PS4, I have only the option to upload it to leaderboards, and using the Share button (like I did) only give it a lower quality (resolution and framerate halved).
The quality is just about the same in Capture Gallery before uploading it to youtube, so it wouldn't change much.

cwistofu

I think it's been two weeks since I last asked: does anyone know what's the deal with the PC version? Is it based on current gen or last gen?

Someone earlier in the thread said that someone involved with Tecmo (I don't remember what position--may have just been a community manager) said it was based on the PS4 version. Far from confirmation, but still promising.

Demoskinos

Well, on 360 I could upload a replay directly to youtube without a big loss in quality.
On PS4, I have only the option to upload it to leaderboards, and using the Share button (like I did) only give it a lower quality (resolution and framerate halved).
The quality is just about the same in Capture Gallery before uploading it to youtube, so it wouldn't change much.

Still uploads to Youtube via share button at 720p I can't see the 360 uploading 1080p video so I'm confused to why you think its lower quality.

Eolz

Still uploads to Youtube via share button at 720p I can't see the 360 uploading 1080p video so I'm confused to why you think its lower quality.

Both are at 720p, but the fluidity is different. I don't think it was 60fps for 360 to youtube obviously, but it was a lot more stable than what you can see higher.
There's some weird frame-skipping and ghosting with Share (not the case with videos I did with GTA V).

The YT feature on DOA5 Xbox 360 uploaded in 720p? Damn, was shitty 360p on PS3. I can't complain about PS4 720p having come from that crap on PS3 lol.

Top Bottom