• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Dubz

Both are pretty different imo. I'd say to pick Marie Rose mainly because she has a unique style/not a copycat, but all of that really depends on your playstyle and which one you like the most.
Really, the most important is just picking a character you like (character itself, moveset, playstyle, fun, etc).

Sent you a MP here, but can't find you on PSN for some reason.
What's your PSN ID?

ShinMaruku

I'd never say its x with no life because some people with 'lives' can do many things.

I'd say while the intention of the ban was noble it did the opposite effect because as I said before FGC mainstream will never give a fuck about the game, the banning of the outfits just gives them more ammo. If they want recognition, grow the scene and recognition will come. If the game is as great as they think grow the scene. Do what CS Go did in the farce that is e-sports.

ShinMaruku

If somebody from Europe wants to join a US lobby, add them from the invite, it will avoid the "No connection issue" If your net is good enough it's minor lag from their end.

I want to practice the game but i'm always procrastinating. I like Christie & Leifang which are the same characters i played in vanilla.

IbukiLordSA

Got the plat now too learn how to play lol

10296613_10153703772478065_3596595378503694767_n.jpg

1546047_10153703773838065_2464594011061789133_n.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Anybody also play Tekken? Which do you prefer?

I prefer DOA. I like the flow of the game better and I tend to have fun with most of the cast unlike Tekken which I only like a handful of the cast. (Zafina, Lili, Asuka, Bob and Hwoarang) Stages is another thing I like from DOA over Tekken since there are the danger zones and different ground effects that change the flow of the combat.

Tekken I like the priority over animation unlike DOA since there are times that some things simply look weird since it follows the triangle system to heart.

DunpealD

Tekken I like the priority over animation unlike DOA since there are times that some things simply look weird since it follows the triangle system to heart.

If DoA5 did the same thing as Tekken or VF and turn every single throw into Offensive Holds... They would be totally broken in its current state.

In Tekken and VF throws are at least 10 frames and can be broken.
DoA5 has sub 10 framers with neutral(can be broken) throws numbered at 5, which makes it TWICE as fast as the fastest strike in the game. Which also means neutral throws or even command throws like Hayabusas DDT would blow up standing strikes all day.

Again what you are looking for are Offensive Holds like Mila's takedown or Jann Lee's Dragon Gunner which still grab when the enemy is already in animation.

Normal throws are used either as guaranteed punishes due to fast startup or against Holds for high counter damage and mindgame.

Synth

If DoA5 did the same thing as Tekken or VF and turn every single throw into Offensive Holds... They would be totally broken in its current state.

In Tekken and VF throws are at least 10 frames and can be broken.
DoA5 has sub 10 framers with neutral(can be broken) throws numbered at 5, which makes it TWICE as fast as the fastest strike in the game. Which also means neutral throws or even command throws like Hayabusas DDT would blow up standing strikes all day.

Again what you are looking for are Offensive Holds like Mila's takedown or Jann Lee's Dragon Gunner which still grab when the enemy is already in animation.

Normal throws are used either as guaranteed punishes due to fast startup or against Holds for high counter damage and mindgame.

Virtua Fighter's standard throws aren't like offensive holds. If someone goes to throw you in Virtua Fighter, you can throw out the slowest move in your command list and you'll still win. Other then the differences in escaping throws, VF throws are much closer to DoA than Tekken (much like pretty much everything other area of DoA).

DunpealD

Virtua Fighter's standard throws aren't like offensive holds. If someone goes to throw you in Virtua Fighter, you can throw out the slowest move in your command list and you'll still win. Other then the differences in escaping throws, VF throws are much closer to DoA than Tekken (much like pretty much everything other area of DoA).

My bad for the generalization. Still stand by my opinion that what is asked for is currently not possible and iirc in SFxT someone from Capcom also mentioned that throws once were capable of grabbing the limbs which also turned into a broken mechanic, so throwing limbs is also a tall order.

ShinMaruku

Yup I use throws for mind games and for blowing up holds, because who I play if they throw you near a wall you get blown up utterly.

Dazza

I just downloaded this. Now I haven't played DOA for the last few version and I'm certainty no prude. But in front of certain company I would be embarrassed to play this game. Didn't realised they had ramped up the sexualisation, geez those continue screens.... Plays great though, but shoddy port, they could have at least used better Antialiasing.

DCS

Banned
Is there anybody that can finish off the combo challenges (done almost nothing) and tutorial challenges (done 70%) for me via share play? I've been playing solidly for a week and can't do them, I'm getting VERY frustrated to the extent that I can't play then anymore.

didn't realize this had a free version on ps4. was looking around on the pan shop and came across it. pretty cool. downloading this now. i haven't played a doa game since 2 on the dreamcast i think.

Dezner

didn't realize this had a free version on ps4. was looking around on the pan shop and came across it. pretty cool. downloading this now. i haven't played a doa game since 2 on the dreamcast i think.

Cool! Hope you enjoy it! ^_^ I played DOA2: Hardcore back in the day on PS2 but I skipped 3 and 4 (Well I have 4, just haven't played it...) and I jumped back in with Vanilla DOA5 and also got Ultimate too! It's very fun, even for fighting game novices like me!

Hopefully my new PS4 will arrive on Wednesday so I can start LR! (It sits here, waiting!)

I can't wait to try out Honoka! <3

I've lost faith in the Steam version being good and it comes out at a point where I have literally negative time for it, so I just bought this for PS4 for 32€ which seemed like a nice deal. Never played a DOA before but I have some VF experience, so getting into it shouldn't be too bad right?

DunpealD

I've lost faith in the Steam version being good and it comes out at a point where I have literally negative time for it, so I just bought this for PS4 for 32€ which seemed like a nice deal. Never played a DOA before but I have some VF experience, so getting into it shouldn't be too bad right?

It's kinda same-ish, but still very different. I advise you to check out the tutorial. Combo system is completely different for example. The advise of not attacking out of disadvantage still holds though.

It's kinda same-ish, but still very different. I advise you to check out the tutorial. Combo system is completely different for example. The advise of not attacking out of disadvantage still holds though.

Ah okay, I thought I heard that they were more similar. If there's a good in-game tutorial I will definitely make good use of it.

DunpealD

Ah okay, I thought I heard that they were more similar. If there's a good in-game tutorial I will definitely make good use of it.

Well there are VF character in this game. Might be an interesting starting point for you. Just remember it's still a different game with different rules, like universal counter out of stun.

Ninja Dom

I saw in the "Soft Ban Costumes" thread that Ridley's stage was banned from DOA Dimensions. Do people still play that? What did you all think of it?

It has a great story mode.

I saw in the "Soft Ban Costumes" thread that Ridley's stage was banned from DOA Dimensions. Do people still play that? What did you all think of it?

It has a great story mode.

I only played it for the story. Got it for like £5. Pretty good recap of events.

Pains me to miss out on PS4 lobby :( Between getting a PS Plus and FF14 sub, I'm gonna be fucking broke when I get round to it.

Cool! Hope you enjoy it! ^_^ I played DOA2: Hardcore back in the day on PS2 but I skipped 3 and 4 (Well I have 4, just haven't played it...) and I jumped back in with Vanilla DOA5 and also got Ultimate too! It's very fun, even for fighting game novices like me!

Hopefully my new PS4 will arrive on Wednesday so I can start LR! (It sits here, waiting!)

I can't wait to try out Honoka! <3

yeah, so now i want to buy it lol. it's only $40, but i just don't know that i'll actually be able to play it. my backlog is large right now. plus, i just bought 3 cib super famicom games off ebay a bit earlier today. decisions, decisions...

Top Bottom