• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Got the plat now too learn how to play lol

10296613_10153703772478065_3596595378503694767_n.jpg

1546047_10153703773838065_2464594011061789133_n.jpg

if I can get this it would be my first platinum ever
but I can't seem to get my first online fight yet

Dezner

if I can get this it would be my first platinum ever
but I can't seem to get my first online fight yet

You'll be fine, I'm terrible at fighting games and it's only the combo challenge for Hitomi that I was able to barely get with a few hours of practice for the Ultimate version. :p

cwistofu

Wife is playing the story.. It's so bad, lol.

What impressed me about the story mode was just how much attention to detail was given to really random things. The amount of detail in Zack's helicopter, the water physics in confined spaces (when people are drinking at the bar), the way the pool balls move with the proper 'weight,' etc.

I dunno, small things like that have always impressed me, especially when games that are actually built around strong cinematic plots (RPGs) don't bother with similar things.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If DOA story cut the filler and focus on the Ninja Story only it would be better with a 1 hour or 2 Story. Everyone get endings on arcade mode and call it a day.

Vazra

I like the story mode they way they did it but they should have character endings for arcade mode. Best of both worlds!

CG cutscenes take too much space if you want to download the game tho... 1080p CG cutscenes eat a lot of space.

Hubb

I've been trying to practice holds, because they are by far my biggest weakness. I am absolutely terrible at them and usually just avoid using them, outside of spammers that is.

Just out of curiosity, what does everyone use for blocking? The hold button or holding back? I've always used holding back for blocking, but it seems to be easier to hold (or at least easier for me to get the commands out) when I am pressing the hold button for blocking. I guess it is just a preference thing, but I need all the help I can get on holds.

I've been trying to practice holds, because they are by far my biggest weakness. I am absolutely terrible at them and usually just avoid using them, outside of spammers that is.

Just out of curiosity, what does everyone use for blocking? The hold button or holding back? I've always used holding back for blocking, but it seems to be easier to hold (or at least easier for me to get the commands out) when I am pressing the hold button for blocking. I guess it is just a preference thing, but I need all the help I can get on holds.

You should ask Xion. Dude's a psychic at holds.

Vazra

I press the button as its more comfortable for me to switch up from regular to low defense that way.

ShinMaruku

Don't overly rely on blocks because some characters who force you into countering will throw you for a shit ton of damage, Tommy is very good at that.

So let me get this right. To get the rest of the Characters I would need to either buy the Pack for 50.99 or buy a character.

Then to get the story mode I would have to buy the Story Mode DLC for 13.99

The all other cosmetic items would be vary in price or I buy the Ultimate Pack for 92.99

Then if I wanted to get the NEW DLC for this year I would get the Season Pass.

Is that right?

thejpfin

Can you somehow add people to your psn friend list with some psn app or something?
My Ps4 friend list just keeps loading and loading, it wont let me add you guys.

But yeah, my psn is: coolking111
Silly name lol.

So let me get this right. To get the rest of the Characters I would need to either buy the Pack for 50.99 or buy a character.

The all other cosmetic items would be vary in price or I buy the Ultimate Pack for 92.99

Is that right?
Wrong.

Buy lr, no need for dlc character or storymode.

Then buy 2 season pass and you have it all

Anastasia

If you're on PS4 you could join these guys. http://www.twitch.tv/lorddubz

Let them know you want to play and they should add you.

EDIT: They went offline LOL

Aw that's too bad. :-(

Can you somehow add people to your psn friend list with some psn app or something?
My Ps4 friend list just keeps loading and loading, it wont let me add you guys.

But yeah, my psn is: coolking111
Silly name lol.

I added you ^^

Vazra

Is that right?

If you want to get the rest of the characters and the storymode you are better paying for Last Round with Bonus instead of buying things separate.

So I was just scrolling google now on my phone and a story came from dual shockers came up claiming destructable costumes via senran kagura crossover. It sounds like a no brainer obvious idea but I haven't heard anything about it until now. Team Ninja is really making it hard for me to resist buying this game again.

Hubb

So I was just scrolling google now on my phone and a story came from dual shockers came up claiming destructable costumes via senran kagura crossover. It sounds like a no brainer obvious idea but I haven't heard anything about it until now. Team Ninja is really making it hard for me to resist buying this game again.

Just go crazy with the F2P option. It is free
until you buy all the DLC

Xevren

Thanks for the games, that was the only time I got to play DOA all weekend. Being sick sucks. Just started using Helena so getting used to her.

Anastasia

Thanks for all the games everyone!

Thanks for the games, that was the only time I got to play DOA all weekend. Being sick sucks. Just started using Helena so getting used to her.

Yeah it was fun. You did really well with her. Hope you feel better soon. ^^

Just go crazy with the F2P option. It is free
until you buy all the DLC

Yeah, I have been enjoying the f2p version but I want more! Also, I had a lot of stuff purchased for the ps3 version but I wanted to change my psn name so I started a new psn account on my ps4 so there's that...

I'll cave and buy it soon, the destructable costumes would garuntee that.

Top Bottom