• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Eolz

Heh, I had a laggy Honoka nearly beat me in ranked yesterday. Then I found out he really liked spamming the Jan Lee unblockable dragon kick and just kept baiting him to do that then punishing. Finally got up to D- rank!

Nice.
For some reason I still have problems finding people in ranked mode (I'm using the throwdown settings), even if it's better since the 1.02 patch. And when I go online I play too much in lobbies anyway :p

LUXURY

Because that is not a traditional sidestep. Christie's sidestep is also good.

Exactly. But Marie Rose characters tend to do her grab afterwards so you can duck out of that. I'd like to play with you Bayonetta, but I have a feeling we aren't on the same console. :(

Also, Kokoro is scary for me. I don't like to fight her lmao.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Out of curiosity, is the online play in the PS3 version any better now? Am guessing the answer is no.

Ninja Dom

My Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Core Fighters on PS3 has a 2.01 version update, 1122MB.

EDIT: That's just a mistake they've made on the XMB. Once the game is actually loaded it does say 1.02

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Exactly. But Marie Rose characters tend to do her grab afterwards so you can duck out of that. I'd like to play with you Bayonetta, but I have a feeling we aren't on the same console. :(

Lol Im not that scary as I make lots of mistakes you can punish. My lower defense can be a bit too open. Im a bit too offensive heavy which can make it easy to counter at times and I could play mid range but I tend to get too close which messes me up with grappler characters like Tina, Bayman, etc. Also if you use any of the characters with their special sidestepping you can dodge me easily if I start doing full strings. I need to change those habits but I'm progressing. :p

Out of curiosity, is the online play in the PS3 version any better now? Am guessing the answer is no.
I think it feels better.

Kumubou

My Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Core Fighters on PS3 has a 2.01 version update, 1122MB.

EDIT: That's just a mistake they've made on the XMB. Once the game is actually loaded it does say 1.02
That's normal -- DoA5:LR on the PS3 is treated as DoAU 2.x on PSN's servers. So they're technically both right. :x

Kokoro is buns, the only thing that really saves her is the fact that general sidestepping is wonky as all hell in DoA. If it was more consistent, she would get destroyed. Christie's command sidestep vs. Kokoro is a 9-1 match-up already (as she has zero moves that actually hit her out of it clean), regardless of all of the other stuff Christie can do.

I may or may not be overstating her issues because I play her. Maybe.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That's normal -- DoA5:LR on the PS3 is treated as DoAU 2.x on PSN's servers. So they're technically both right. :x

Kokoro is buns, the only thing that really saves her is the fact that general sidestepping is wonky as all hell in DoA. If it was more consistent, she would get destroyed. Christie's command sidestep vs. Kokoro is a 9-1 match-up already (as she has zero moves that actually hit her out of it clean), regardless of all of the other stuff Christie can do.

I can work Kokoro vs Christie but that stuff can be really intense and its perhaps the most I tend to keep myself heavy guarded.

system11

Just a warning: apparently the PS4 Season Pass doesn't entitle you to download everything it should, so I would skip that for now.

Aaaaand it's vanished from the UK PS4 store again.

Did anyone have a chalkboard for all the ways this release could go wrong, and have we got anything left on it?

xion4360

shut your mouth, Kokoro is too beautiful to not be a goddess in the battlefield!.. (im just talking nonesense) I play quite comfortably with her.

benzy

Where do we view saved replays? I'm using the core fighters version. Saved an online match and can't find it anywhere.

Baalzebup

This picture is giving me the giggles.

Hahaha. That is good. Double funny to see my two most used characters from two different fighting games in a pic lke that.

Hmm.. Can someone from EU-GAF confirm whether or not we've gotten the 1.02 version already? I haven't been on my PS4 for 2 days.

Hahaha. That is good. Double funny to see my two most used characters from two different fighting games in a pic lke that.

Hmm.. Can someone from EU-GAF confirm whether or not we've gotten the 1.02 version already? I haven't been on my PS4 for 2 days.

1.02 is up in EU now.

I wanted to go to Final Round but I have way too many bills and expenses
*Cough Senran Kagura EV Import Cough*
this month to afford it. I think the next events ill be going to is Summer Jam and NEC. Maybe CEO.

Stanng243

This game is frustrating with the DLC situation. It's been over a week and I haven't heard back from support. I had credit saved for dlc for this, and ended up buying another game instead. I hope they get these issues sorted out and have a sale or something, as I can't justify putting my money into this mess currently.

Lyte Edge

Above review is for the Xbone version. I was excited that this was a first look at the PC release for a second there. :(

alstein

Is Kokoro as linear as Akira traditionally is?

Eolz

Been considering taking up Kokoro or Lei-Feng. Which is the better character?
I'd say Leifang due to Kokoro's flaws, and also because I think she has a more interesting playstyle.
You should just pick whoever you have the most fun playing with though, obviously :p .

DR2K

Banned
Been considering taking up Kokoro or Lei-Feng. Which is the better character?

Kokoro. Leifang is a better all around character, but Kokoro is one of the highest damage characters in the game, on top of a great high low game and better mid ranged tools. Which carry a lot more weight in DOA than just having a bunch of a decent tools.

Being linear isn't as big of a disadvantage people make her out to be.

Timu

Man, DOA3 still looks incredible.
It sure does!!!
i23ObA.png
ENbCTq.png

Dem reflections. Loved the snow at the time too.
Hopefully DOA6 gives us our reflections, terrain deformation, and real-time water physics back.

The forest in DOA3 is stunning - leaves blowing in physics accurate directions, dense and dynamic foliage, bump-mapped and true to life textures.

DOA5's forest, on the other hand...

Which system voice will make me feel like I'm playing DOA3 again? :p

benzy

Agreed. Doa3 had awesome environmental lighting and color use. The art direction in 5's recreated environments just can't compare and their color changes puts me off for the most part.

dead-or-alive-3-01.jpg

Koeta

Above review is for the Xbone version. I was excited that this was a first look at the PC release for a second there. :(

Man I tell you, they need to give us some PC info already, I want to give them my money but I need that info :(

The fact they don't just come out and say it's not a ps3/xbox360 port, makes me worry quite a lot.

Lyte Edge

What's a good place for strats/combos? FSD has very little for Last Round.

The fact they don't just come out and say it's not a ps3/xbox360 port, makes me worry quite a lot.

Yup, especially after DW8XL turned out to be the PS3 version, visually. At least it ran better than all the console versions did.

The game releasing without online play at all is more troubling to me.

eMpTy23

What's a good place for strats/combos? FSD has very little for Last Round.

Yup, especially after DW8XL turned out to be the PS3 version, visually. At least it ran better than all the console versions did.

The game releasing without online play at all is more troubling to me.

https://steamdb.info/app/311730/graphs/

^ makes me think they're already working on the online and the port of single player is pretty much finished. I don't think they'll pull a Blizzard. If that happens, I wouldn't be too upset but would not purchase a product of theirs again.

AlStrong

Agreed. Doa3 had awesome environmental lighting and color use. The art direction in 5's recreated environments just can't compare and their color changes puts me off for the most part.

dead-or-alive-3-01.jpg

First thing I noticed about this image is the hair lighting on Christie. :p

The location looks great though.

Top Bottom