• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Lucas Sparks

Neo Member
It sure does!!!
i23ObA.png
ENbCTq.png

Ahh! I knew this game still looks decent.

As a game environment artist, DOA5 has some of the worst game environments I've seen in a while. And I enjoyed DOA4's and DOA3's environment work, it really was a step up in game art in general.

What happened...

Kumubou

Is Kokoro as linear as Akira traditionally is?
Yes, but it's actually worse for Kokoro in DoA, as Akira's half-circulars are now full-circulars, so stuff like 4PP, 46P+K, and 214P+K (which is 46P+K+G remapped) will hit people sidestepping in either direction (although 46P+K uncharged is now unsafe on block at -10 instead of -5). They also made his guard break (now 236P+K) track because why not? Kokoro's only circulars are the second hit of 6PPP and K+G (and strings that end with that move, like 1KKK). She literally has zero mid-hitting circulars (whereas in VF full circular mids were uncommon, but half-circular mids and lows are more common).

Pimpbaa

Ahh! I knew this game still looks decent.

As a game environment artist, DOA5 has some of the worst game environments I've seen in a while. And I enjoyed DOA4's and DOA3's environment work, it really was a step up in game art in general.

What happened...

They put their priorities on better character models. I predict doa6 will look massively better in regards to stages.

Eolz

Fun lobby, even if I'm probably the worst player here. Will upload some fun Bayman matches tomorrow.

They put their priorities on better character models. I predict doa6 will look massively better in regards to stages.

Yep. They couldn't do both on old gen and LR is just a straight port.
And people filled the survey to ask for better stages too. Right? :p

Skilletor

Fun lobby, even if I'm probably the worst player here. Will upload some fun Bayman matches tomorrow.

Yep. They couldn't do both on old gen and LR is just a straight port.
And people filled the survey to ask for better stages too. Right? :p

I did.

I mean, I like a lot of the stages in DoA5, but I would love for them to go back to DoA2U for inspiration on stages on DOA6.

A friend of mine bought a character on her PS4, but when she went to go play the PS3 version to play with us, she could not find any way to get the character, are characters non cross buy?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
A friend of mine bought a character on her PS4, but when she went to go play the PS3 version to play with us, she could not find any way to get the character, are characters non cross buy?

She needs to download the content on PS3.

Hubb

I'm the friend Buddha was talking about.

The content in question (Marie Rose) isn't available for free download. It asks me to purchase it again. It's also not in my download list.

I'm sorry to say that you need to buy it on PS3 for it to be crossbuy. It doesn't work the other way for whatever fucked up reason. Your best bet to is contact TN with proof of purchase and they should credit you.

Sophia

I'm sorry to say that you need to buy it on PS3 for it to be crossbuy. It doesn't work the other way for whatever fucked up reason. Your best bet to is contact TN with proof of purchase and they should credit you.

That's unfortunate that it's not proper cross-buy, especially because I didn't have the PS3 on me at the time of purchase. I'll just stick to playing Hitomi. Not worth contacting someone for the few times I play on the PS3 over the PS4.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm the friend Buddha was talking about.

The content in question (Marie Rose) isn't available for free download. It asks me to purchase it again. It's also not in my download list.

That is weird. I thought the DLC was compatible... Maybe it had to be bought visa PS3 and then transferred to PS4?

Eolz

Some videos from yesterday's lobby, with my Bayman vs Tina, Sarah, Phase 4, and Gen Fu. They were fun (for me at least).

He's my secondary, but using him in lobbies to get better (and because I'm not the only one using Ayane :p). He's slow, but I'm starting to be able to create openings. Still have bad habits to focus on (wakeup kick everytime, too agressive, thinking someone will always tech roll, wanting to hold too much, etc).

Some videos from yesterday's lobby, with my Bayman vs Tina, Sarah, Phase 4, and Gen Fu. They were fun (for me at least).

He's my secondary, but using him in lobbies to get better (and because I'm not the only one using Ayane :p). He's slow, but I'm starting to be able to create openings. Still have bad habits to focus on (wakeup kick everytime, too agressive, thinking someone will always tech roll, wanting to hold too much, etc).

No fun ones vs. Kasumi? XD

When you buy on Ps3 it registers as purchased on ps4, but it does not work the other way around. Its transferable, not cross buy.

I have to ask , do people on EU psn that had bought individual stuff on PS3 able to get it on PS4 ?

I only want 4 costumes tops so the packs are meaningless to me.

I have to ask , do people on EU psn that had bought individual stuff on PS3 able to get it on PS4 ?

I only want 4 costumes tops so the packs are meaningless to me.

I don't know if it's actually working for some costumes (buy on PS3, and get on PS4), but what I do know is that the ones that I own as PS3 DLC are not available for me on PS4 (Halloween 2013, 2014, and Christmas 2014). Still waiting on them to fix it.

Ferr986

Nice fights! Hope I can join you guys on another room.
You guys started too late yesterday for me: p

Demoskinos

Hopefully I'll be more in the mood to play tonight. Joined for one match yesterday then quit cause I wasn't feeling it last night. Too much DmC earlier in the day made it hard for my brain to switch back over to DoA mode :p

Ahaha no, my Bayman was pitiful against your Kasumi :D
Wish I could have recorded some of your fights though, some were really great!

How are you uploading your saved replays btw? I have a few saved, but when I go to rewatch them, they automatically have the play bar and time length/buttons at the bottom of the screen. I can hide with X button, but your vids look like they don't even appear when the fight starts.

ShinMaruku

How are you uploading your saved replays btw? I have a few saved, but when I go to rewatch them, they automatically have the play bar and time length/buttons at the bottom of the screen. I can hide with X button, but your vids look like they don't even appear when the fight starts.

Press X right at the intros.

lol Shin mate, I'm not playing with fucking pros like that XD

GAF level lobby is perfect, but that was rape of the tallest order. Poor Marie split in two.

Plus I never play tag and I was in the air for the entire match. Not fun XD

I will play with GAF people where I can get at least one punch in :p

Top Bottom