• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

WTF did this new update do to ranked match GP allocation? I win a match, gain 75 or so GP. I lose a match and lose anywhere from 250 to 750 GP with seemingly no pattern.

I was so close to getting an A, but unless I have a ridiculous winning streak, it seems impossible to overcome the massive points loss from just a handful of matches.

What

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
WTF did this new update do to ranked match GP allocation? I win a match, gain 75 or so GP. I lose a match and lose anywhere from 250 to 750 GP with seemingly no pattern.

I was so close to getting an A, but unless I have a ridiculous winning streak, it seems impossible to overcome the massive points loss from just a handful of matches.

What

Are you playing lower ranks? I think the ranks are weighted by letter grade. C losing to F is just as bad as a A losing to a C (though an A losing to an F would be major)

Are you playing lower ranks? I think the ranks are weighted by letter grade. C losing to F is just as bad as a A losing to a C (though an A losing to an F would be major)
That might be it. There was one über-tier "F" player who kicked my ass like 12 times in a row :p

He had like 2 matches on his record when I first encountered him. He was too good though, so I call shenanigans teehee

DR2K

Banned
They actually fixed the ranking system. If I lose to an S player I lose around 1800 points, if I won it was less than half that.(I'm also an S+). This is why S players were declining my matches, moreso than the usual boosting.

Vita version looks alright, will buy the CE or 2 if that comes here.

Also the Vita version has tracks from the old games, you know the good music, and you can customize it to a character.

Skilletor

What

Sounds like DoA4. lol

I think it's based on play time. I got the PS3 version and would beat people of all sorts of rank, higher or lower, and gain huge amounts of points. If I lost? Like a fraction of that. I got up to S- in a week (about 100 matches).

TheSeks

I think it's based on play time. I got the PS3 version and would beat people of all sorts of rank, higher or lower, and gain huge amounts of points. If I lost? I'd like a fraction of that. I got up to S- in a week (about 100 matches).

That would be WTF-inducing, but I would totally expect it from Team Ninja.

Loona

The answer to the prayers of those who asked for male swimsuits.

It's kinda funny that Hayabusa still keeps his mask on.

TheSeks

The answer to the prayers of those who asked for male swimsuits.

It's kinda funny that Hayabusa still keeps his mask on.

I'm sure you'll be able to remove it like the girls hairstyles?

Also Jann Lee's undies. HNNNG.

I threw away some money the other day:

BDR_vbBCUAAfoOs.png:large

I had it set to ship everything together but they shipped the three available ones already and I should have them Wednesday. The one I'm interested the most, the "making of" book, releases next week and I should have it sometime later that same week. I can't exactly read any of it but I still think it's neat and it's honestly what should've been included in the collector's editions of the games instead of the shitty artbook we got.

Mesharey

I had it set to ship everything together but they shipped the three available ones already and I should have them Wednesday. The one I'm interested the most, the "making of" book, releases next week and I should have it sometime later that same book. I can't exactly read any of it but I still think it's neat and it's honestly what should've been included in the collector's editions of the games instead of the shitty artbook we got.
I'll be in Japan after 2 weeks (until 21/3) and I want to buy something about DOA5 from there, so, write your opinion about these books, I can't read Japanese too. @_@

DR2K

Banned

I had it set to ship everything together but they shipped the three available ones already and I should have them Wednesday. The one I'm interested the most, the "making of" book, releases next week and I should have it sometime later that same week. I can't exactly read any of it but I still think it's neat and it's honestly what should've been included in the collector's editions of the games instead of the shitty artbook we got.

Wow, are they all art books?

Mankini's up on JP PSN. Around $5.

Wow, are they all art books?
Making Of, Final Guide, Master Guide, Complete Guide; in that order. For my collection of DOA guides. I'm just missing all the DOA2 stuff but getting these has put that on hold. It's easier to pick up the books new than down the line though so...

Sorry DR2K, didn't mean to snub you. Couldn't finish sexting you before our fight got canceled.

Dat Helena blender, though. Got me making some super dumb panic choices :p

You like to counter mid out of stun, you shoud SE sometimes when I delay my strings.

EDIT: I'll assume you're talking about a burger.
Oh god, that does read a bit naughty.

Another problem is that I botch my low counters 2 times out of 3. Can't wait for superior D-Pad, latency free OLED action on Vita (not that it'll help without practice). 24/7 GAF lobbies starting in exactly a month :-D

DR2K

Banned
Oh god, that does read a bit naughty.

Another problem is that I botch my low counters 2 times out of 3. Can't wait for superior D-Pad, latency free OLED action on Vita (not that it'll help without practice). 24/7 GAF lobbies starting in exactly a month :-D

I'll be getting that version too. I hate Vita's dpad though, but it'll work for DOA5.

Hey, they finally released some "swimsuits" for the guys! (Well, MMA gear, but still pretty revealing.)

It's nice to finally get thrown a, uh, bone. >_>

Bass' Fighter Pack outfit is pretty lame though, but at least he has his Mr. Strong outfits to make up for it. (And Eliot's is meh too, but I don't care much for him.)

But the others? I said DAMN.

Mesharey

LOL DR2K images are funny.

Eliot has a shirt, Gen Fu too.

I really want to buy this DLC but I want it on Xbox, that update is taking a long time. -.-"

I'm sure you'll be able to remove it like the girls hairstyles?

Also Jann Lee's undies. HNNNG.

Rig

HNNNGH

Male swimsuits. . . . nice.

Hey, they finally released some "swimsuits" for the guys! (Well, MMA gear, but still pretty revealing.)

It's nice to finally get thrown a, uh, bone. >_>

I really want to buy this DLC but I want it on Xbox, that update is taking a long time. -.-"

Wow. Im suprized so many posters are excited over male swimsuits.
Not that theres anything wrong with that, of course :)

Yup and they're more varied and detailed than the womens suits, plus their cheaper.

Thats pretty outrageous if the male suits are comparatively cheaper than the females.
I swear, the BS us Heteros have to put up with :/

B-Dex

Wow. Im suprized so many posters are excited over male swimsuits.
Not that theres anything wrong with that, of course :)

Thats pretty outrageous if the male suits are comparatively cheaper than the females.
I swear, the BS us Heteros have to put up with :/

You get side-boob and physics!

We get non-existent bulges :(.

Sony seems to be sending out $10 PSN credits to a lot of people. Now people have no excuse to get in on the nearly naked Bayman and Jann Lee action.

TheSeks

Sony seems to be sending out $10 PSN credits to a lot of people. Now people have no excuse to get in on the nearly naked Bayman and Jann Lee action.

Yep, got my Rig, Bayman, and Jann Lee undies. Thank you based Sony for helping me with highway robbery prices.

Ahahaha, Genfu and Elliot are too modest in these fighter outfits, they take a shirt to wear with their pants, and Hayabusa can't seem to turn the mask off. :( Still, equal opportunity fan service thanks Team Ninja.

Also I didn't notice any junk bouncing on Rig, DR2K lies. People died. :(

TheSeks

66597_10100173326086945_479521470_n.jpg

AI Zakk can taunt, and it looks like normal from the normal camera... but:

156493_10100173326491135_487800595_n.jpg

Beam doesn't actually connect if you change the camera angle a little. WTF, Team Ninja?

Anyway, I've got some photos I'll post up later (but they're slightly NSFW) since it's late and I need to head to bed. But I messed around with photomode. I got some newfound appreciation for Rig with these new outfits for the males. :3

Celcius

°Temp. member
Sony seems to be sending out $10 PSN credits to a lot of people.

What's the criteria for getting this, random?

Finally got the trophy for unlocking all the costumes :)
I can't seem to send a throwdown challenge though. If anyone wants to add me to their psn friend list, my id is in my profile (just mention that you're from neogaf lol)

Top Bottom