• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

DR2K

Banned
Is it just me or do the VF characters not really fit with this? I've tried mostly with Serah and a little with Pai and it feels awful.

I heard someone say you could basically play them the way you would in a VF game and I don't get that. The feel is off. DOA5 feels weighted, which I like, but VF feels lighter, faster and more responsive. I booted into Final Showdown for a bit and the difference is like night and day.

You have to treat them like different characters. Think of how you'd treat a character in a radically different sequal.

vg260

Still waiting on the Games on Demand version. It's been well over three months. Perhaps the patch issue might be related to a delay in its release?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Better question is why is he buying the 360 version when the PS3/PSP2 versions are cross-buy/cross-play/cross-save? :eek:

TheSeks

...I guess that's a reason, but still a poor one. *cough*

Seriously though: I dunno why XBLM hasn't put it up as a GoD. PSN's store has had it for months, like a few weeks after Japan got it even.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
...I guess that's a reason, but still a poor one. *cough*

Seriously though: I dunno why XBLM hasn't put it up as a GoD. PSN's store has had it for months, like a few weeks after Japan got it even.

Microsoft doesn't typically do day-one digital releases- that's a PSN-only thing (and I guess Wii U too?) for now.

vg260

Why are you waiting for GoD version?
Wouldnt it be cheaper to buy it in-store?

Yeah, sure, but I'm done with physical discs, and I'm keeping my 360 around and almost all my library is digital on the 360 now. All my MS points I got on sale or at a decent discount and I have more sticks for the 360. That factored in, the difference in price is worth it for me for the convenience and less clutter of game collections. I also had it from Gamefly in the mean time, but just sent it back. I'll probably pick up the Vita version too. Is that sufficient defense? Different strokes for different folks, ya know?

There were articles saying it was planned for GoD release, so it would have been out around December/Jan after the 3-month hold time shortly after TTT2.

Yeah, sure, but I'm done with physical discs, and I'm keeping my 360 around and almost all my library is digital on the 360 now. All my MS points I got on sale or at a decent discount and I have more sticks for the 360. That factored in, the difference in price is worth it for me for the convenience and less clutter of game collections. I also had it from Gamefly in the mean time, but just sent it back. I'll probably pick up the Vita version too. Is that sufficient defense? Different strokes for different folks, ya know?

There were articles saying it was planned for GoD release, so it would have been out around December/Jan after the 3-month hold time shortly after TTT2.

A sufficient defence? No! you are a traitor to your people and you will die!
lol

Mesharey

h2S3MuO.jpg

B0YY1l6.jpg

TheSeks

Actually that green Mach looks good on Lisa. Better than her Silver.

TheSeks

It's fake. DOAW user made them.

Fuck, you shattered my dream. I want that (and just the T-shirt) so bad. I'd pay $20 for them, seriously. :( It's such a classic outfit for her. WHY.jpg Team Ninja WHY.jpg

louie

What's actually the worst feeling ever is when, of the thirty matches you played with someone, only the two matches were you lose are uploaded to freestepdodges media section. Really hate that feature.

TheSeks

What's actually the worst feeling ever is when, of the thirty matches you played with someone, only the two matches were you lose are uploaded to freestepdodges media section. Really hate that feature.

Like people are going to show their failures. Come on.

DR2K

Banned

You should be flattered more than anything.

I think there are only 5 people in all of Australia who play this game on the 360.
I wonder how many years we are from international lagless gaming?

Not a wise choice giving the demo online play. Unless it has some kind of match limit, it'd probably satisfy enough people's appetite that they wouldn't buy the full game.

So I take it there's not like, one pack that gets you all the DLC outfits right?

How much would I be looking at spending to get everything released so far?

Squire

Banned
Same here after Sigma 2. I want to force myself to buy this digitally anyway, although any retail only pre order bonuses might change that...

In the US the cheer leader outfits are a pre-order bonus at GameStop. In the UK they're a pre-order bonus at Game. Not sure how JP is handling those, but they have the CE. With two weeks left, I think it's safe to assume the US/UK aren't getting that.

So I take it there's not like, one pack that gets you all the DLC outfits right?

How much would I be looking at spending to get everything released so far?

~$135. That number should be a little high though since some packs are cheaper than others.

TheSeks

Not a wise choice giving the demo online play. Unless it has some kind of match limit, it'd probably satisfy enough people's appetite that they wouldn't buy the full game.

It'll probably limit characters to Kasumi and Ayane. Two of 16 characters may satisfy some people, but if they're getting their shit pushed in by Bass and Rig and others, they may want to try those.

In the US the cheer leader outfits are a pre-order bonus at GameStop. In the UK they're a pre-order bonus at Game. Not sure how JP is handling those, but they have the CE. With two weeks left, I think it's safe to assume the US/UK aren't getting that.

that's unfortunate :|

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Those outfits will be up for purchase on PSN and XBL soon enough after DOA5+'s release.

Top Bottom