• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I'm pretty sure it's fake. According to posters at doaworld anyway

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Will the game be fully downloadable on PSN? Or would I be better off with gamestop? I give zero shits about a boxed copy.

Ultimate will be a demo/F2P piecemeal operation on PSN. Dunno if it'll be full "retail" on PSN. There's a disc as well.

Been a while since I last came here. Started playing DOA5 again, although not sure I'll bite on DOA5U right away.

But just wondering, will DOA5 players be able to fight against DOA5U players? Or are the changes for DOA5U so different that it isn't possible? Sorry if it's been answered elsewhere.

And does anyone know if the stats we made in DOA5 will carry into DOA5U to affect trophies? e.g. if you need to fight 1000 online matches in DOA5U for a trophy, and I made 700 fights in DOA5, then it will carry over to DOA5U so that I will only need 300 more fights? And so forth... Or is this sort of stuff not yet known?

thundr51

Ok I'm starting to think I might not fully understand the whole cross goods stuff with this game. Did anyone buy the hot getaway pack for vita that included the extra vids that was released in march? Doesn't that purchase mean you can download the same pack for PS3? Has anyone actually done so? Sent an email and tweet to tecmokoei and no answer. ideas?

TheSeks

Ok I'm starting to think I might not fully understand the whole cross goods stuff with this game. Did anyone buy the hot getaway pack for vita that included the extra vids that was released in march? Doesn't that purchase mean you can download the same pack for PS3? Has anyone actually done so? Sent an email and tweet to tecmokoei and no answer. ideas?

Yes. It's broken. E-mail Tecmo/Sony. Cross-buy has apparently been broken for some games for a while.

doa5 ultimate has 231 costumes in it?

I thought it came with like 4 of the current costume packs

did they increase the amount of packed in costumes or did I just underestimate what was in it?

Dantis

Could I possibly take a look at it and give some input whenever you get the chance?

Yup, I'll PM you when I'm done with it. Should be over the next two days hopefully.

doa5 ultimate has 231 costumes in it?

I thought it came with like 4 of the current costume packs

did they increase the amount of packed in costumes or did I just underestimate what was in it?

The original game had 114, and then DOA5U includes about 60 DLC outfits. The rest are, presumably, new outfits.

TheSeks

Wait , that's it ?

Seems so much easier compared to DOA5 vanilla.
i'd actually try to platinium it then.

Yep, significantly easier. For instance the losing one is just 10 instead of all of the characters, which was funky since you weren't sure if you've seen one characters before or not at times.

Yep, significantly easier. For instance the losing one is just 10 instead of all of the characters, which was funky since you weren't sure if you've seen one characters before or not at times.
indeed that was impossible untill you've unlocked alpha and that unlocking required plenty of tittles beforehand.

is everyone unlocked from the start , now ?

The hardest one is survival, the rest are very easy.

Hitomi backstep punch is still as godly as before, right ?

Mesharey

Everyone is unlocked from the start.

You can use Lisa to finish survival (check YouTube) it's the easiest way, I used Lisa even though I don't know how to use her.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Everyone is unlocked from the start.

You can use Lisa to finish survival (check YouTube) it's the easiest way, I used Lisa even though I don't know how to use her.

Good because I played like 50 hours of DOA5 and never bothered to unlock Alpha lol.

Well Lisa is cool , but i prefer Hitomi ( i play as her so it wasn't that hard )...

The real problem for platinium was the 1000 matches online.

As for alpha i didn't want to unlock her BUT one day i just thought i'd try too and then bothered to gring those 300+ titles.

Mesharey

Hitomi is my second and I tried MANY times to finish survival using her (or Ayane my main) but I couldn't, my best attempt was 89 using Ayane (check my post pages 114+), I finished it using Lisa from my second attempt, champ difficulty, and other difficulties weren't hard too.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I got DOA5 for the PS3 late last year but have barely played it. I also see that Ultimate is coming, and DOA5+ is currently only $10 for US PS+, so... is it worth getting at this point, even though I'll probably not play it much? I also have no idea which updates (if any) it has over vanilla.

Dantis

Hey guys, so for the OT, is there any point in uploading later today? As a re-release, it's probably a bit early, right? Also, I need title suggestions.

Hey guys, so for the OT, is there any point in uploading later today? As a re-release, it's probably a bit early, right? Also, I need title suggestions.

OT's can go up seven days before release, so throw it up whenever you're ready.

As for titles, "Put a little more bounce in your sidestep!"

IconGrist

I hope Survival in DOA5U is a bit more forgiving. The Survival trophy is the only thing keeping me from the Platinum on the vanilla version.

Dantis

I think DR2K wanted to look at it before I post it up, so it probably won't be up for a few hours. Will definitely put it up by the end of the day though.

TheSeks

I got DOA5 for the PS3 late last year but have barely played it. I also see that Ultimate is coming, and DOA5+ is currently only $10 for US PS+, so... is it worth getting at this point, even though I'll probably not play it much? I also have no idea which updates (if any) it has over vanilla.

It's only worth it if you want the cross-play with Vanilla PS3 and training a few characters on the go. But the system/character changes make even that point not too strong.

I also thought 5U wasn't out until September 20th?

TheSeks

3rd of September wasn't it?

I just checked Gamestop and you're right. Shit, I gotta go pre-order it tonight for the Jpop and other outfits. :/ They must've moved the date since the last I checked because I could swear it was like 20th of September. Or maybe I'm thinking GTA5?

Skilletor

I just checked Gamestop and you're right. Shit, I gotta go pre-order it tonight for the Jpop and other outfits. :/ They must've moved the date since the last I checked because I could swear it was like 20th of September. Or maybe I'm thinking GTA5?

I don't remember the date, but I thought it was later than this as well.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Has it ever been stated if the new characters in Ultimate will be worked into the story mode? Or will story mode remain the same?

Dantis

It's not him. It's Dantis and Dantis hasn't done it, it'll be done later in the day.

I've made the OT and messaged DR2K six hours ago but I guess he hasn't seen it yet (I guess he just hasn't been on GAF. Can't be helped.). I was waiting for him to look over it.

If it bothers everyone that much, I can just upload it as is, it just probably won't be as good, haha.

emalord

Hello everyone.
I'd buy this game only for spectator mode and gaming photography.
I have a few questions: screenshots are 720p or 1080p?
If I buy the ps3 version are screenshots saved on HardDisk or are they uploaded on some websites where I can find them and save on my PC?
Sorry if already asked and answered, please be patient, 150+ pages to read are alot :)

Top Bottom