• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

thundr51

ugh all the cheerleader/getaway costumes are trying to charge me to get them on PS3

going to try emailing them I guess, psn was no help

Same here, I even tried to do cross save or something, have to wonder if they tested this at all. Please report back and let us know.

Interesting note: when looking through my purchase history (mostly to prove to myself I bought this) I got a "SKUID is missing" error.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What is DOA:O?

Dead or Alive Online. PC Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate basically. Its somewhat unbalanced but still fun to play. There seems to be enough people to play with unlike DOA5 and it has the old online lobby people liked with Avatars and virtual lobbies.

EDIT: Beaten like a dead horse.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The PC DOA3/DOA:U hybrid mess with virtual lobbies and chibi avatars.

Dead or Alive Online. PC Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate basically. Its somewhat unbalanced but still fun to play. There seems to be enough people to play with unlike DOA5 and it has the old online lobby people liked with Avatars and virtual lobbies.

EDIT: Beaten like a dead horse.

How did I miss this!? Is it an official release or some kind of fan-made hack? I'm assuming it never got a Stateside release...

EDIT:

Dead or Alive ONLINE (DOA OL or DOA O) was a Windows-based, online version of the Dead or Alive 3D fighting series.
It was originally planned as a premiere in China for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, with a worldwide release to follow after the Olympics.[2] The game was in open beta, with the latest beta having been released on August 24, 2009. On January 9, 2011, Tecmo Koei ceased Dead or Alive Online operations and all game servers were shut down.[3]

So did fans resurrect it and keep it going?

TheWriter

I've never found Kokoro particularly exciting, but that costume makes me what to play her.

Not only because of Kokoros new side-tail but also because of Pais new short-hair I find myself troubled. Normally I like longer hair styles like the one Helena has, but those new ones are just so great.
What is going on?!

Same here, I even tried to do cross save or something, have to wonder if they tested this at all. Please report back and let us know.

Interesting note: when looking through my purchase history (mostly to prove to myself I bought this) I got a "SKUID is missing" error.

last week they mailed me back asking me to take a picture of my downloads and my screenname but I haven't heard back since

So I played some DoA today and downloaded the complete set of the latest swimsuits.
I was really disappointed to see they removed the shoes of all the girls. It makes a huge difference, visually.
Im not sure if this was done to give the swimsuits more of a beach theme or because of people in the community who have a foot fetish. Either way, it looks bad.

Shame the game locks you at 1024x768, but at least the AA works:

15086049335625908224_pdb17.png

15086049335625908224_3gz2j.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
BQ9OxvFCAAAhA_G.png

Webgames really have no shame in ripping off promo materials used for AAA titles. Sup, Kasumi in DOA5's Paradise Outfit?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I'm thinking about grabbing this since it's only $15 new at Gamestop and I've been wanting to play it basically ever since release. I know Ultimate is less than a month away, but I'm probably not going to get TOO hardcore into the game or anything, and at $15 it doesn't seem like too bad a deal just to play through the story mode and mess around in survival/time attack/etc.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So I'm thinking about grabbing this since it's only $15 new at Gamestop and I've been wanting to play it basically ever since release. I know Ultimate is less than a month away, but I'm probably not going to get TOO hardcore into the game or anything, and at $15 it doesn't seem like too bad a deal just to play through the story mode and mess around in survival/time attack/etc.

People wont play it and the new changes make Vanilla basically worthless. IMO you should pony up 40 and get Ultimate.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
People wont play it and the new changes make Vanilla basically worthless. IMO you should pony up 40 and get Ultimate.

Eh. Online is the least of my concerns here, really. Like I said, $15 is worth it just to play against the CPU. I paid the same thing for DOA Dimensions on the 3DS and had plenty of fun with that, completely offline. I'm basically looking at this as the same sort of thing.

Mesharey

Yup, or get the free version (PS3 only) and get story mode and any character you want if you're not going to play it for a long time.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Eh. Online is the least of my concerns here, really. Like I said, $15 is worth it just to play against the CPU. I paid the same thing for DOA Dimensions on the 3DS and had plenty of fun with that, completely offline. I'm basically looking at this as the same sort of thing.

What Mesharey said- wait and get the F2P version of Ultimate. Buy it if you like the game enough. It may be only $15, but it's still a waste with Ultimate coming.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Welp, picked up DOA5. Specifically because it was $13.99 used, I had a $5 off used coupon which brought it down to $8.99, and the online pass was still unused. Can't beat that, and since I paid so little for vanilla, I won't mind buying Ultimate too, if I decide to. Plus it lets me get acquainted with the characters so I know which ones I want to buy for the F2P version, if I decide to go that route.

EDIT: Okay, this was a good idea. I'm getting rocked hard by the CPU on default difficulty. I need a lot of practice, so getting this before Ultimate will definitely help with that. I really need to adjust from Tekken's slower playstyle to DOA's much faster style.

EDIT 2: 5W-18L against the goddamn CPU. :lol I haven't had a fighter kick my ass this bad in a long, long time.

Galdelico

Maybe the story mode? The new trophies do mention "watching movies", but nothing about the story mode specifically, so I wonder...

Good point.
Didn't follow the recent news about Ultimate but I guess there's no word about a new story mode or at least updated with the new characters in it, right?

Loona

Good point.
Didn't follow the recent news about Ultimate but I guess there's no word about a new story mode or at least updated with the new characters in it, right?

You can buy a story mode for the free version, so there should be one in the full one too.

Maybe they'll expand on Vanilla 5's with Momiji and Rachel scenes, I guess.

Is this real? I'm trying to search around but i can't find anything that mentions this. if it is true that's awesome news. There's not a chance in hell my PC could run it but it's nice to see yet another fighter make it's way to PC.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is this real? I'm trying to search around but i can't find anything that mentions this. if it is true that's awesome news. There's not a chance in hell my PC could run it but it's nice to see yet another fighter make it's way to PC.

Is what real? I don't see anything? ???

Top Bottom