• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Skilletor

I suck with Ayane in DoA5. I've played Tina almost exclusively. I still play her the same way I did in DoA3. :p

Anybody know a good Akira player to check out?

Edit: Life settings are default.

I dont want to sound like I'm begging for someone to fight or anything but who here still plays this game on PSN? Its fun fighting randoms and all, but it feels like in can only get you so far due to the hit or miss nature of it. I would usually have my group of friends to play with but none of them play DOA which I cant really blame them for since this game's problems are well documented.

Ken

I dont want to sound like I'm begging for someone to fight or anything but who here still plays this game on PSN? Its fun fighting randoms and all, but it feels like in can only get you so far due to the hit or miss nature of it. I would usually have my group of friends to play with but none of them play DOA which I cant really blame them for since this game's problems are well documented.

Vita?

oh woops this isn't the plus thread lol

Skilletor

I don't play online much, but I will.

Busy this week (EVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!) but definitely up for some games in preparation for DoA5U.

Mesharey

I suck with Ayane in DoA5. I've played Tina almost exclusively. I still play her the same way I did in DoA3. :p

Edit: Life settings are default.
I liked your Ayane, new techniques and different style than most players, she was good.

Akira players? Maybe it's better to search for VF Akira players. :p

Skilletor

I liked your Ayane, new techniques and different style than most players, she was good.

Akira players? Maybe it's better to search for VF Akira players. :p

Thanks! She's my favorite character, but I just fell in love with Tina in DoA5. I've used Ayane since DoA on PSX.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
They still haven't released those cheerleader and Vita swimsuit costumes yet for PS3/360, have they? LOL.

Mesharey

cLbBQmO.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Saw a suggestion on another board about contacting Tecmo Koei USA support regarding the hotties swimsuits not downloading on PS3 and the cheerleader outfits not being redeemable.

I emailed them and got a single code back, which surprisingly not only gave me the hotties costumes for PS3, but also all of the cheerleader costumes for PS3/Vita. Now I feel like buying the male characters' MMA outfits to complete the game's DLC collection, lol.

WXqoy3Ml.jpg

XjJcKtKl.jpg

FNEsOF2l.jpg

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I emailed them about it last week myself and got a code on Monday with the cross goods.

(would've mentioned it earlier, but I didn't see the topic until now.)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hell yeah. I already have the swimsuits with that private mode video. Just need to get the Cheerleaders.

I'm sorry but i have to ask as i've seen conflicting informations at various places on the net.

Are the dlc costumes from DOA5 ( like the new ones that popped up this week ) compatibles for DOA5U ? Or will they in DOA5U from the start ?

Mesharey

I'm sorry but i have to ask as i've seen conflicting informations at various places on the net.

Are the dlc costumes from DOA5 ( like the new ones that popped up this week ) compatibles for DOA5U ? Or will they in DOA5U from the start ?
The costumes from this week will not be in DOA5U from the start, but they will be compatibles.

There will be some DLC costumes from DOA5 available from the start.

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/ultimate/us/home.html#features

Diebuster

Same here, I shot them an e-mail as well. I figure it'll either get fixed before I get a response, or I'll end up with free Cheerleader outfits like the other guys. :p

TheSeks

Wait, the beach outfits aren't working?

Guess I'll e-mail Tecmo before buying the Cheerleaders to see if I get free Cheerleaders out of it.

There are some really good swimsuits spread all across the latest series.
Im going to wait for DoA5U to come out, before I decide whether to buy those outfits too though.

dreamfall

I've been playing more often, but it seems like I keep getting put in Ranked matches with Vita players that lag like all hell. I wouldn't play much Ranked, but it seems to be the only place to find matches.

Does anyone want to play? I'm not very good but I love it. PSN ID: arha2

I've been playing more often, but it seems like I keep getting put in Ranked matches with Vita players that lag like all hell. I wouldn't play much Ranked, but it seems to be the only place to find matches.

Does anyone want to play? I'm not very good but I love it. PSN ID: arha2

I'm on right now if you want to play a few. My PSN is Valkyria61.

dreamfall

I'm on right now if you want to play a few. My PSN is Valkyria61.

Added! If you're up for it, just got on!

Gah you're amazing!

Yipes! I told you I suck, but it's mad fun!

EDIT: Some amazing matches tonight. It started rough, but those Hitomi-Tina face offs were utter craziness! Much respect.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
What's a good place to learn how to play certain characters? I got this game a while back but haven't really put much time into it. The last DOA game I played was DOA2: Hardcore, and I loved that game, so I'm a bit rusty.

TheSeks

What's a good place to learn how to play certain characters? I got this game a while back but haven't really put much time into it. The last DOA game I played was DOA2: Hardcore, and I loved that game, so I'm a bit rusty.

FreeStepDodge.

dreamfall

GGs dreamfall. I wish I could have stayed on a bit longer tonight but I had to go.

No worries! Always amazing fights with you- your Hitomi skills are serious!

Sorry about all those crazy invites- not realizing that Vita didn't have Lobbies was pretty dumb on my part.

We shall fight again soon!

Endo Punk

I really don't like how TN are packing the costumes. Each of the 3 bikini packs has one that was available in the past costume packs. Though I like you can purchase each cheerleader outfit individually, got one for Lisa :D But my friends list still can't seem it :( Just release a compatibility update god dammit!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I really don't like how TN are packing the costumes. Each of the 3 bikini packs has one that was available in the past costume packs. Though I like you can purchase each cheerleader outfit individually, got one for Lisa :D But my friends list still can't seem it :( Just release a compatibility update god dammit!

Hit one button to change color, free money!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Thanks, I'll check it out. Played a bit of versus yesterday with my friend and it was fun. Will need to spend some serious time in the training room though.

If you people read the OP you can also find a link to video tutorials which you can see some character combos and some tutorials on how to play on the game besides also visiting FSD which all its linked there. >_> Ch...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
If you people read the OP you can also find a link to video tutorials which you can see some character combos and some tutorials on how to play on the game besides also visiting FSD which all its linked there. >_> Ch...

Yeah sorry didn't really check out the OP, as I thought it might be outdated information... Will make sure to do so.

Vazra

Yeah sorry didn't really check out the OP, as I thought it might be outdated information... Will make sure to do so.

You can basically check the channel of the guy who made the combo video for tutorials which still most of the stuff works for the game still with a few changes and I believe he keeps putting up videos there and FSD its a safe bet for information and tips.
NIce Playlist covering most of the things you will want to learn

Impossible not fall in love.
1toyi9.gif

#TEAMKOKORO

My mains are Kokoro and Christie Im stating to get a liking to Leifang thanks to her beautiful parry game which its clicking a bit better with this time around. Ive been a bit cold on the game but Im going back around it.

pariah164

DOA5+ is only the second DOA game I've ever played. The first was Dimensions on the 3DS.

I can't help but wonder how many females play this game besides myself. It's obviously geared to a male audience, but I find myself enjoying it immensely because of the fluidity of the play. That and I like the costumes. Always with the dressing up in costumes...

Loona

DOA5+ is only the second DOA game I've ever played. The first was Dimensions on the 3DS.

I can't help but wonder how many females play this game besides myself. It's obviously geared to a male audience, but I find myself enjoying it immensely because of the fluidity of the play. That and I like the costumes. Always with the dressing up in costumes...

DoA appears to have the most female competitors doing well in tournaments of any fighting game I'm aware, so I figure there must be quite a female audience for it out there.

It's puzzling, given the game's reputation, but if it encourages the default game to take some of the focus away from the bikinis, infamous proportions and whatnot (keeping them as paid DLC for those who still really want them) to let people see its finer gameplay points, everybody wins.

I'm glad DoA5 took some steps in the right direction, even if it kept some artifacts around - I liked what Mila represented as a new cast member, so I was dissapointed to see they still tossed in an implied shower scene in her story mode, as as much as Tina has my favorite grappler gameplay of any fighting game, one of her victory poses gets kinda embarrassing...

Also, I never quite understood the Team Fortress 2 fandom's focus on hats, but then I saw Christie with that contruction helmet option in DoA5 and I wish everyone could get Tina's cowboy hat on every outfit, so maybe the game is on to something on that department...

dreamfall

Great games tonight Orpheus- started even, and then it was pure destruction! You were on fire. I think 10 straight should be the unofficial- "time to start practicing" call out.

Until we meet again!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Can't find a single match right now. They better fix the net code in Ultimate.

I've encountered the most female gamers in DOA4 and 5 than any other console game this gen, by far. Most of them kicked my ass, too. >.<

Vazra

Kokoro got some nerfs while Helena gets some buffs?

Kokoro was considered a pretty strong character which wouldnt surprise me if people wanted her nerfed. Kokoro main downfall its she doesnt know what the fuck is a tracking attack so she can be left open for hits in most of the situations. If they actually give Kokoro some moves that track then I think she might not be exactly nerfed but more balanced. If only they added some parry moves to Kokoro and give her a bit more than just mid hits it would be pretty nice. Overall Kokoro doesnt seem to be messed up that much from what has been seen.

Helena stats are sorta weird but it seems for the better so far.

Mila seems to have moved from grappler to striker type which its a disappointment then again her grapple game wasn't as developed as Tina or Bass

EDIT: Im laughing with DOA:O being more active than DOA5. Im going in XD

Top Bottom