• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Don't bother with Paradise, dude. Use that $10 for some outfits.

Is the port really that bad? Because I mean saving myself $30 versus spending $10 on swimsuits seems like a decent trade-off to me. I'm also hoping Tecmo puts the packs on sale since the only ones I've bought is the angels (pre-order), first round (free), and MMA ("Male Swimsuits" for EOPervsion).

And no one did answer: Did the digital copy come with the cheerleader outfits?

Fusebox

Banned
DOA demo is epic, everyone at my office is loving it.

Wish I could jack the brightness to 100% though, pet peeve of mine.

Is the port really that bad? Because I mean saving myself $30 versus spending $10 on swimsuits seems like a decent trade-off to me. I'm also hoping Tecmo puts the packs on sale since the only ones I've bought is the angels (pre-order), first round (free), and MMA ("Male Swimsuits" for EOPervsion).

And no one did answer: Did the digital copy come with the cheerleader outfits?
Digital copy doesn't come with cheerleader outfits.

As for finding someone, I usually have gotten someone within 5 minutes. However, I put the region to any and, usually, the lag isn't that bad when I face someone in a different country.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Thanks for the tips, Paulink. Will try sidestepping more too. Curse that SOB to hell!

I want to believe it's the same guy who keeps cheesing me, he sent me my first hatemail too :p.

And ranked is still somehow empty, despite having all of my settings set to any. Simple matches too. Odd.

Yeah is this is a game specific thing?

Yes, some games have it and other games do not. I think it's up to the developer, though I don't understand why.

Yeah is this is a game specific thing?
It's a Sony mandate. Games need to reach a minimum playtime off AC power, and to achieve it, the more demanding games limit max brightness to 80%.

NGS1+ is the only remotely taxing game I've played that doesn't have that limit.

TheSeks

dled the demo.

how the fuck do i beat this 'block 10 attacks' mission :X

gah i suck at fighting games.

...Exactly as it says: Block 10 attacks? Then beat the opponent.

Which characters are can you pick in the demo?

Kasumi, Elliot, and like 3-4 others.

Definitely not Hitomi or Rig, I can say for certain. I think Hayabusa is able to be chosen along with Ayane?

And ranked is still somehow empty, despite having all of my settings set to any. Simple matches too. Odd.
Just hopped on simple, got a match in about 2 minutes against a French guy on the PS3. Lag, but I got someone lol.

Anyone could get the "players swimwear set" cross buy? I can't see this on my PS Vita download history.
Go to the add-on section of the store, go to DOA5+, and you'll see all the DLC. Download the swimsuit set. Or tap the downloadable content when you press the home button while playing DOA, all the add-ons for this game will appear and you should see it.

TheSeks

Whats the 22MB file that downloads with the main game? It can't be for an online pass... hmmm

A patch? I doubt the swimsuits are included with that download since it would be a separate pack to remove from the "bundle" after a week.

TheSeks

Yeah, it's the patch for the online. If you try to update it while it's downloading that it'll say it's specifically the update data.

No cheerleaders. WTF, Tecmo. :/

I wish I was at the party where they decided on these costume prices. The drugs must've been out of this world!

And another big fuk you sony for not giving cheerleaders.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So, uh, did that Gravure movie come with the JPN version?

Fusebox

Banned
Guys what's the best (sexiest) costume packs to get if I only want to spend around $15 or so.

Bunny seems to be a mix of Angels and Devils, that could be saucy. Players swimwear set #1?

TheSeks

Demo characters are: Kasumi, Hayabusa/Ryu, Elliot, and Tina.

Leona you might want to add that to the OP?

Your DOA5 PS3 save can be used on the demo. You can unlock the arcade mode/survival mode's legendary if you have them unlocked on that save. Your titles can be used in the title's menu. They're marked with the DS3 to indicate they were unlocked on PS3.

Online Dojo is pretty much "private match" for friends. But AFAIK you can't "cross-play" invite someone. :/ Hopefully Team DOA fixes that.

Tutorial mode is pretty expansive. Haven't dived in yet, will do that tomorrow.

I've heard there's an ad-hoc trophy, good luck getting the platinum in this it seems. :/

Guys what's the best (sexiest) costume packs to get if I only want to spend around $15 or so.

Bunny seems to be a mix of Angels and Devils, that could be saucy. Players swimwear set #1?

Swimsuits and MMA outfits for the men. Angel/Demon's aren't worth the time, the fuzzy textures are AWFUL.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I kinda wish it was always native resolution, but the game looks good regardless. Great port.

Speaking of the bunny outfits, do we know that they have the fuzzy texture? I'm hoping they just made them black or white bikinis, for performance.

TheSeks

Stages in the demo are:

Zack Island, Dead or Alive/Arrival, Dojo, The Show/Coming Soon/The Tiger Show, Scramble(Pre-Alpha stage/construction site)/Scramble(Ground)

Pretty meaty demo. I dunno if Zack Island is unlocked with PS3 saves or not.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So, dynamic res like the other Team Ninja Vita games?
Ah well, at least it's native unlike a certain other recent port with no online co-op.
It's always sub native during gameplay, and native when you pause or enter win / loss poses.

Demo characters are: Kasumi, Hayabusa/Ryu, Elliot, and Tina.

Leona you might want to add that to the OP?
It was there already.

You're right about those textures, by the way. The fuzzy bras look flat, which is odd since even PSP games like Tekken effectively simulated "fur shading"-type effects.

I'm using my $10 from the $50 promo to buy some MMA tights for my husband Rig. He looks pretty good on that screen :p

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Eh, sub native isn't bad. I'd put it in the 'not perfect but also not offensive tier' along with Persona 4.

You're right about those textures, by the way. The fuzzy bras look flat, which is odd since even PSP games like Tekken effectively simulated "fur shading"-type effects.
Oh nice! I'd love a screen shot. :)

Only a couple dollars away from the 50$ tier for this month.

TheSeks

No way.
Team Ninja Dog wai?

Ah well, I'll probably get it regardless.
Please tell me there's at least local tag team matches.

Please?

No tag outside of one story match. For performance reasons. Frankly, with how decent the port is (downgraded graphics can be felt after playing the PS3 version but they aren't awful as some people make them out to be) and hitting 60FPS I'm willing to take that trade off.

@Leona: I can't imagine how bad they are this version. I'm talking the PS3 version where they looked bad. The fuzzy texture you could barely tell was there.

jorgeton

Great port. I am super rusty at this game so i need to spend quality time in the training mode. Touch fight reminds me of infinity blade. With boobs.

TheSeks

I'm not really feeling the default controls. Probably because of the tiny buttons on the system making P+K hard to hit unless I left trigger which is awkward.

matmanx1

So far I've only gotten into one match successfully. Lots and lots of "searching for opponents". Think something's up with the netcode?

Other than that this is a very, very good port. I think it looks great in motion and the native resolution non fight scenes look very good indeed. I'm having a little trouble getting diagonals consistently but I think that will get better with practice.

Top Bottom