• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So far I've only gotten into one match successfully. Lots and lots of "searching for opponents". Think something's up with the netcode?

Other than that this is a very, very good port. I think it looks great in motion and the native resolution non fight scenes look very good indeed. I'm having a little trouble getting diagonals consistently but I think that will get better with practice.

I think PSN is down or something, the four times I have tried, I waited at least 10 minutes and got nothing. Really lame.

matmanx1

3 ranked matches now. Won 1 lost 2. Still taking a couple of minutes between matches but it's tolerable while browsing gaf.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can't critical burst into a powerblow with Hitomi at all. That 9P 3KP is doing my head in.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Crazy port.

iVrBbq92nTyhC.jpg
ilYJE20OHGmQR.jpg
iX96SIxz7dGSL.jpg

OmegaZero

No tag, not even offline for whatever reason.

No tag outside of one story match. For performance reasons. Frankly, with how decent the port is (downgraded graphics can be felt after playing the PS3 version but they aren't awful as some people make them out to be) and hitting 60FPS I'm willing to take that trade off.

lahsdalkdhasdhaksdhkasjd

Fine. I'll buy it, but only for portable
60fps
Ayane and owning fools online as Brad Wong.

EDIT: Bought after I typed that lol.

I'm not really feeling the default controls. Probably because of the tiny buttons on the system making P+K hard to hit unless I left trigger which is awkward.

Can you fully customize the controls?

TheSeks

Mila's all like "THRILLER, THRILLER NIGHTTTTT!"

Also DR2K: Never knew Lisa could climb the ropes of that stage from your replay on the leaderboards. Learn something new.

Yes, like the PS3 version there's "A/B/C/D/Custom" A/B/C/D just changes around some stuff. The default is similar to the PS3's "A" default controls, but it's just awkward as hell to use the triggers and the only hard button combo to not be able to do normally is the H+K on the the face buttons.

Though T+K is actually H+P+K so maybe making the Right trigger into H+K would work....

I can't critical burst into a powerblow with Hitomi at all. That 9P 3KP is doing my head in.
lol, I did that a while ago and took me a while to do it. Those diagonal directions! Don't input 3kp right after 9p, input it with a slight delay, but not too much to let the combo escape. The timing is important.

Yes.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Tried the demo and it's pretty damn good. Gonna try and buy it at Target tomorrow.

TheSeks

Holy shit, are those full Vita resolution screen shots?!

Only in photo mode. Actual matches are sub-resolution.

And you will see a difference in graphics (Ryu's NG/default outfit textures LOL) but it isn't terrible.

TheSeks

Luckily yes. I was able to repair the default scheme and make it the superior SQU for punch, TRI for kick, CIRC for throw and X for free/block/counter

Eh, the default matches DOA3-4. Though apparently yours matches DOA2. Dunno why they changed the scheme between 2->3.

Just finished my first online battle in the demo. Somehow I won two of two fights. I must have been fighting another scrub like myself!

Really impressed with this game. I might even purchase it. I haven't been keeping track of the Vita scene since P4G released last fall.

Just finished my first online battle in the demo. Somehow I won two of two fights. I must have been fighting another scrub like myself!

Really impressed with this game. I might even purchase it. I haven't been keeping track of the Vita scene since P4G released last fall.
Join us, you won't regret it. ;)

hmmm... i feel like either my reflexes are dull... or countering with holds is a lot harder now vs whatever DoA game i played like a decade ago.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Online is a mess, yeah. During one match the other guy dropped out and the HUD vanished and I was stuck on whooping on their character until I restarted the game.

kuroshiki

Ok. I just checked PSN store for DLC and...

I'm confused.

Which one should I buy? Why it seems like there are a lot of same costumes over and over? Are there any like 'ultimate pack'?

GorillaJu

I can definitely understand the screenshots situation. The parts where you're actually paying attention to detail - the introductions, the game over screen, the win poses, etc. are all highly detailed and look great. The texture quality, resolution and such takes a huge dip when you get to the fighting, but its so smooth and quick that you don't really notice it.

Overall, this is a great port.

SUPARSTARX

Damn, why didn't they have character move lists display in the training mode? It's very annoying scrolling back into menus to look over moves.

branny

Online is a mess, yeah. During one match the other guy dropped out and the HUD vanished and I was stuck on whooping on their character until I restarted the game.
I've even run into some oddities offline. Once or twice voice clips didn't play, music didn't change (unless it sometimes plays your character's theme instead of the opponent's?), and even the floor disappeared (this occurred while I was testing touch mode, so make of that what you will). Also, some audio clipping, but that happens with almost every Vita game it seems.

I have trouble dealing with lag online so I tend to avoid it for fighting games. It sucks that it's a little iffy according to you all. =\

Skilletor

Man, it really sucks when i finally find a match with a solid connection that they keep rejecting my match, and then it seems like they are the only person online and we keep running into eachother, but they refuse to fight me. :(

Edit: Dammit. Find a match, battery dies after I win two rounds.

Boooooooooo

Anyways, the dude at Gamestop gave me another pre-order code for the cheerleader costumes. First post to guess my favorite Persona 4 girl gets the code! (Hint, it's not as easy as my avatar)

EDIT: It's gone!

Boooooooooo

Anyways, the dude at Gamestop gave me another pre-order code for the cheerleader costumes. First post to guess my favorite Persona 4 girl gets the code! (Hint, it's not as easy as my avatar)

Chie?

I can't seem to find anything about those codes here :(

Mesharey

Boooooooooo

Rise ? :p
Edit: late. XD

I bought it today, loved training mode, really good.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
This is how you port a fighter to the Vita. They did a hell of a job.

Sure, you can see the downgrades, but while playing they don't spoil the action. Mortal Kombat last year was so much worse in this regard as the visuals were downgraded to the point of becoming distracting.

Top Bottom