• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Dimensions |OT| Setting your age to 99 does nothing!

Lovely OP :) Can't wait, should have this in 3 days. The fact that it's coming out on the same day as LA Noire means I'll have less time to put into it initially, but I'm hoping this is going to be a game I'll keep coming back to.

Manmedaz

Already posted it somewhere else, but here are 11 minutes of video showing all the modes and options, commented in French.

That game is really very good ! Its only downside is the framerate in 3D, and I have yet to find a 2 VS 2 mode per sei (even if it is possible to play 2 VS 2 or 2 VS 1 in the Tag Challenge). To me, it's a better suited game than SSF4 for 3DS, on the gameplay side.

Ninja Dom

dreamfall said:
This shall be my first 3DS title! Bought the system at launch, just been Street Passing & playing Okamiden. About the DLC costumes, do you just have to launch the game every day for those weeks?
From what I understand you have to have the game in your 3DS and connected to the internet. Then at some point during the day the DLC costumes come.

Manmedaz

Ninja Dom said:
From what I understand you have to have the game in your 3DS and connected to the internet. Then at some point during the day the DLC costumes come.

Nop, StreetPass and SpotPass = you just enable it, and then you just have to have the console on, with or without the game inside it. So, you can play anything, as long as you are sometimes connected to the internet, you'll get the costume when it's dispatched.

Nemesis_

Ninja Dom said:

It's the same as SSFIV, I thought? You get a code via SpotPass and then you use it in the game?

In that case, SSFIV didn't need to be in the console at all.

Manmedaz

boris feinbrand said:
I didn't find it in the OP, maybe I'm just blind, but does the game support download play?

Nop, everyone has to have a cartridge to be able to play the multiplayer mode.

Ninja Dom

Manmedaz said:
Nop, StreetPass and SpotPass = you just enable it, and then you just have to have the console on, with or without the game inside it. So, you can play anything, as long as you are sometimes connected to the internet, you'll get the costume when it's dispatched.
Oh I see. Cool.

So that indicates to me that the costumes are included in the cart at the start. Spotpass then gets you an "activation code" that let's you choose the costume.

Or the costume gets downloaded to the SD Card and then the game picks it up when you next play it.

Clunker

I'm waiting for impressions on the online play from you duders before jumping in. I love SSFIV, and it got me back into playing fighters, but the online is the sole reason I'm interested in this, as it's the bulk of what's made me put 32+ hours into Street Fighter!

Manmedaz

Ninja Dom said:
Oh I see. Cool.

So that indicates to me that the costumes are included in the cart at the start. Spotpass then gets you an "activation code" that let's you choose the costume.

Or the costume gets downloaded to the SD Card and then the game picks it up when you next play it.

It downloads it when it is made available, then I think the data is then stored on the SD card. So, no, it is not content that is already on the cartridge AFAIK.

Same is happening with games such as Samurai Warriors Chronicles (you DL whole new levels). For the moment in SSF4, the only thing we got was a code to unlock a figurine that was already on the console I think (except if the code was in fact some kind of encrypted information to create the figurine...).

Clunker said:
I'm waiting for impressions on the online play from you duders before jumping in. I love SSFIV, and it got me back into playing fighters, but the online is the sole reason I'm interested in this, as it's the bulk of what's made me put 32+ hours into Street Fighter!

I could not find anyone to play it online when I tried this weekend, but I'll tell you how it is if I happen to succeed :p.

NEO0MJ

Gona get this, no question. First DOA for me.
Only thing I'm hating is the NTSC box art, though. Who approved that ugly thing?

Skilletor

grap3fruitman said:
Hayashi's Team Ninja is making a shitty DOA game but I'm conflicted (Itagaki's TN made the awful DOA4 to be fair, which this is based mainly on). If I don't buy this, there's less chance of future DOA games being made and if I do buy it, there's more chance at future DOA games but Hayashi will think that the gameplay in this version is perfect when in reality it's extremely flawed. What do I do? Ffff...

That's not really true if what he's saying about NG is true. Of course, what he thinks is a new take on DoA might be worse than DoA4.

Re: Spotpass. So can I leave my 3DS in sleep mode and it will automatically dl the released constumes?

Manmedaz

Skilletor said:
That's not really true if what he's saying about NG is true. Of course, what he thinks is a new take on DoA might be worse than DoA4.

Re: Spotpass. So can I leave my 3DS in sleep mode and it will automatically dl the released constumes?

Exactly, as long as you are connected to the internet through WiFi from time to time, it will be ok :).

Skilletor

Manmedaz said:
Exactly, as long as you are connected to the internet through WiFi from time to time, it will be ok :).

Awesome. My 3DS hasn't left my house yet, so I'm good.

Have this preordered through Amazon, but I'm tempted to cancel since I don't know if it will be here before lunch that day. I could just cop at lunch and play for an hour or so during my break.

Skilletor

grap3fruitman said:
His "take on DOA" is DOA4 on a portable.
Just like his take on ng2 was ng sigma 2. Neither are new games. Wait to see what he and team lesser ninja do with ng3 to see if they've got the talent to make a new game.

My bet is on no, but ports Aren't really telling. Especially when the source material isn't the best.

grap3fruitman said:
If you're a casual DOA fan, you'll love it.
If you're a hardcore DOA fan, you'll hate it.

I enjoy my fighting games, but I'm not really well acquainted with the DOA series (short of playing 2 and having a brief fling with my girlfriend's copy of 4) so I probably fall somewhere in between. I'll probably pick it up anyway..

Skilletor

grap3fruitman said:

I'm a hardcore fan who isn't expecting much but some casual fun. I'm glad the evolution of the DoA series isn't on a handheld. :p

Chairhome

Damn. Still not sure if I'm going to get it. I could always use another fighter, and damn, those spotpass costumes are a pretty good incentive. I'll try to see if I can trade some stuff in towards this.

No pre-order bonuses anywhere? Or gift card deals?

Manmedaz

Well, I guess anyone in France can have it now, usually you can get games one or two days before their launch - hell, even 3DS was available 2 days before launch day here !

Skilletor

Manmedaz said:
I guess you meant to ask if it is 60fps in 2D, as the game is 30fps in 3D at all time. Can't reply to that question yet, though.

SF4 is 30fps online 2d or 3d. I'm wondering if this is the same.

I got the Japanese version this morning. The game is indeed everything you're expecting...as long as you make peace with the fact that it's on a portable. The D-pad is in an odd place, and takes some getting used to.

Online IS 60fps in 2D mode! ...assuming your connections can handle it. I can only find matches within Japan, so I can't yet comment on worldwide matchmaking.

Why you would ever play the game in 3D mode is beyond me. I tried it and lasted about half a match until I slid the slider back to 2D...and it transitions without a hitch.

God damn this game is good. This makes everything else that's come out for the system (save for SSF4) look pathetic. There are a ton of unlockables in the game, and for those worrying about language issues, the Japanese one let's you turn everything to English if you'd like.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta get back to gettin' my ass kicked online.

sfried

Skilletor said:
SF4 is 30fps online 2d or 3d.
Wrong. SSFIV is 60fps when 3D is deactivated via Option menu. I've had a couple of 60fps matches with a few folks already. Too bad some people don't realize to get 60fps, both systems must have 3D deactivated (once again via options menu).

fionel

sfried said:
Wrong. SSFIV is 60fps when 3D is deactivated via Option menu. I've had a couple of 60fps matches with a few folks already. Too bad some people don't realize to get 60fps, both systems must have 3D deactivated (once again via options menu).

You could get 60fps in online matches? I thought it only applies to local matches.

branny

grap3fruitman said:
A statement like this would honestly be far more effective with explicit details to support your reasoning.

Top Bottom