• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 |OT| Welcome to the After Party

You and me both, brother. You and me both...

I need a DR4 with super powers and evolved zombies and aliens and dinosaurs...

Yeah seems the majority of Xbox One threads are slow. Whatever lol. Can't wait to play this all this weekend. Will be in here posting impressions and streaming, etc

What? Where do you live Miles I'll find you one. They are all over the place in NYC.

UK. Seems MS under-shipped to the UK, or more specifically, to stores within 15 miles of where I live. Not a single store had any free stock for sale.

Pretty disappointing to be honest, but I've only myself to blame. I didn't pre-order as I was going to wait until 2015, but then the hype got to me and now I need one...

Yeah seems the majority of Xbox One threads are slow. Whatever lol. Can't wait to play this all this weekend. Will be in here posting impressions and streaming, etc

Too busy playing games and messing around with Kinect I expect. I'd be straight on DR3 as soon as the update finished if I had one. Would probably be using snap to post here during gameplay...

It was the same way in the PS4 thread. It will start bumping up as people figure out how to snap gaf.

Mononoke

Banned
Getting my Xbox One Day One edition tomorrow in the mail. I ended up only getting Dead Rising 3 + Killer Instinct. Hope I enjoy this game. Looks like a ton of fun.

I put this game disc in and it started installing last night, so I passed out and forgot to play anything at all.

But I am so ready for this tonight, Dead RIsing was the reason I bought my 360 and this game is part of the reason I bought a One.

I even bought the Season Pass and I haven't booted the game up once. Aw yeah.

Nothing worse (cooler) than playing this game at 5am, having smartglass app on, you get a phone call in game and it's so damn loud you jump out your sofa.
Answer call and get new co-ordinates to extra mission, simply awesome.

Nothing worse (cooler) than playing this game at 5am, having smartglass app on, you get a phone call in game and it's so damn loud you jump out your sofa.
Answer call and get new co-ordinates to extra mission, simply awesome.

The smartglass companions works flawlessly? That's great news...was worried it might not work as well as they demoed back at GC.

abracadaver

I love this game. Way better than dead rising 2. This is the sequel to DR1 that I always wanted.

- coop
- no shitty tacked on multiplayer
- open world without loading times

kamakazi5

I only played a few hours of the first game and didn't enjoy it much but I'm having a blast with this one.

How do you unlock doors and chests throughout?

Also, is the entire game confined to this city area or do you go other places as well. I just want to make sure I don't forget collectables.

derFeef

I'm still downloading loooads of stuff, I have a slow connection. 1:30am here so I will dive into this tomorrow for real - pretty pumped.
Also I think I will start in story mode - bite me :p
And I need to update the OT too because those mode descriptions are not true at all - I am still not sure how it really works.

I wanna hear story details!

Any references to the other 2 games? or maybe old characters?

RIP Otis, in chapter 2 you go to a funeral home/morgue and see a service for someone and there's a casket and a painting of Otis next to it

game is easily worth buying an Xbox one for, it's really fun B^) but I'm a dead rising fan so I guess I'm biased :p

but still its really fun just driving around and finding survivors , plus the challenges scattered around are good distractions

TiR will probably be a dlc, saw a few zombies have a shirt/jacket with the logo. do it capcom

Timu

jbvuuXiWoV6ODk.png

I had to drive through all this shit, lol.

How in the hell do you get into the Graveyard? Have a timed mission to do but I just can't get in :/

Edit: Found it and I'm silly. Use the map!

Heysoos

This never really got answered in the Xbox One launch thread so I figure I'll post here. My friend mentioned framerate drops, he never really specified though. Are they bad/often?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have shamed my Dead Rising legacy by failing hard on hardcore. Where the hell is there a bathroom? haha.

This never really got answered in the Xbox One launch thread so I figure I'll post here. My friend mentioned framerate drops, he never really specified though. Are they bad/often?

Not anywhere near as bad as Dead Rising 2 was on consoles, but in certain areas I would definitely say it's bad and negatively impacts my enjoyment of the game. I still think it's fun and this is the best launch exclusive on either console but I can't understand why the game looks as rough as it does, runs at 720p and drops below 30 pretty often. Either the developers reaaally suck or the Xbox One isn't anywhere near as powerful as it should be. I put up with it in GTA V thinking the next consoles will finally bring an end to sub 30 frame rates yet here we are.

Stantron

So there's a free DR3 day one exclusive dlc on the X1 store right now. It says content available for a limited time. Can anyone confirm if this works with a regular copy of the game?

It's apparently the same Frank and Chuck outfits and weapons that come with the day one version.

So there's a free DR3 day one exclusive dlc on the X1 store right now. It says content available for a limited time. Can anyone confirm if this works with a regular copy of the game?

It's apparently the same Frank and Chuck outfits and weapons that come with the day one version.

Thanks for pointing that out to me as yes it does work with the standard version.

People on gamefaqs says it works for the reg edition

Is the main game timed or not? The game will show messages saying 5 days and whatever till bombs go off but I thought all the time stuff was taken out

Persona7

Banned

Can you access this on the web store? I don't even know how to view xbox one games on the online marketplace.

I'm at the very beginning of the game and just found a survivor. It's telling me to clear the zombies around him (Taylor), and I have but nothing happens. How clear does it really need to be? Like no zombie in sight? Is there a way to interact with him that I missed?

Edit: Nevermind, got it.

Guys, Gals....

I have an X1. Currently in the process of updating so will be ready to play some co-op and bombard the upload studio with clips. If anyone wants to add me for co-op epicness, please drop me a PM with your GT or post it here and I'll send you an invite.

Top Bottom