• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 |OT| Welcome to the After Party

So...they are just fodder that will get killed?

More a small army that can prove useful in some situations. If you don't want them following you, there should be an option to send them back to the safe-house.

I'm currently in the process of updating my X1, so can't really say what the command is or if there even is one...

More a small army that can prove useful in some situations. If you don't want them following you, there should be an option to send them back to the safe-house.

I'm currently in the process of updating my X1, so can't really say what the command is or if there even is one...

To have them not follow you, just head to a safe house and look at the survivor map (or whatever it's called). You can deselect them there.

eshwaaz

This game is incredibly fun. Putting most of my upgrade points into health and melee. I usually favor firearms in most games, but holy hell the melee is so damn satisfying. Then again - Jazz Hands...

Also - anyone who says that this game could be done on 360/PS3 is kidding themselves. It's not just the amount of zombies - there are also tons of breakable and "physics-active" objects in the environment, blood, bodies and body parts stay on the ground for an impressive amount of time, some nice lighting effects that seem to affect all nearby zombies, etc.

The framerate can definitely get chuggy and the image quality isn't great, but there is a lot going on here that can't be fully appreciated until you play it.

FrankT

Have not stopped playing this game.

It sooooo good.

The open world, the incredible amount of zombies, and these combo weapons. Just insane. I can't say I complain very much about the fps either.

iammeiam

Enjoying the game, but the add-on tech features are kind of confusing. The SmartGlass app made sense at first, but it's been stuck for a while and I can't tell if it wants me to do something or if I need to keep pushing the story along. I've decided not to sweat it since this is a game built for multiple playthroughs, but it's still confusing.

Does anybody know what the point of the Kinect phrases in boss battles is? During the two I've done, there's been a phrase in the upper-right corner next to the microphone icon. Saying it doesn't really seem to do a hell of a lot, even when I think the game is indicating it recognizes what I'm saying.

This game is, on the overall, kind of a terrible sales pitch for next gen functions. But it's fun just as a basic game, which I think will give it more staying power than a Perfect Dark Zero, where almost all of the appeal is in the next gen appeal.

Short DVR clips are pretty good for gifs.
upload-studio-2lskw0.gif

Kajiba

Have not stopped playing this game.

It sooooo good.

The open world, the incredible amount of zombies, and these combo weapons. Just insane. I can't say I complain very much about the fps either.

This probably my favorite Dead Rising now. Just endless fun.

I am going to ask a very stupid question. I am early in the game and reached a save locker and a point in the game where I can give survivors weapons. It just has a hand symbol, what exactly am I supposed to do?

So can you no longer combine stuff you don't have the blueprint/card to?

Edit: never mind. I see you have to use skill points to purchase sets.

Any GAFers wanna join up? Add me. My XBL tag is KilgoreTroutt.

Holy shit, this game is amazing. Just finished the battle against the
biker psycho and boy what an amazing battle it was. So damn awesome.

Also seems to make use of the impulse triggers, which is a very nice surprise...

Oh and I've saved so many clips so far it's so damn easy to do with voice commands, which are really growing on me...

Nugg

Hey everyone! I couldn't find anything in the thread about this: I can't seem to redeem my Day One DLC code. I get some kind of error. Ryse and Forza codes worked just fine. Is there something wrong with the codes? Is this why they're giving away the DLC for free?

So there is still time restrictions/limits in story mode? I am so confused of how this works.

Yeah, side missions all seem to have time restrictions but it seems the main campaign doesn't have a traditional timer, but rather one that progresses as you complete chapters.

daemissary

Hey everyone! I couldn't find anything in the thread about this: I can't seem to redeem my Day One DLC code. I get some kind of error. Ryse and Forza codes worked just fine. Is there something wrong with the codes? Is this why they're giving away the DLC for free?

Is it still free somewhere? I can't find it.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm dumb. Just search for Dead Rising 3 and it is the 3rd option after the game and the season pass.

Ninhead

I'm not very far in, but I cannot find a single friggin' Tragic Ending, no matter how hard I look. It keeps telling me that I'm close to one, but it's nowhere to be found.

Also, I lost my turret van with Dick in it. Good thing it doesn't show up on the map.

sunnz

Any chance this beeing a temp exclusive and after a while being released on ps4?

Nope, very unlikely.

PC release though is slightly possible but considering this is probably the best selling exclusive ( no source, out of my ass) I doubt it will be on any other platform.

I'm not very far in, but I cannot find a single friggin' Tragic Ending, no matter how hard I look. It keeps telling me that I'm close to one, but it's nowhere to be found.

Also, I lost my turret van with Dick in it. Good thing it doesn't show up on the map.

I found one that was just a person that died. It just gave me 2,000 PP and wasn't that significant.

Can I have some advice for the kill 5 zombies with only skill moves bit of one of the sidequests? Only level 11 so the only one I seem to have is where I grab the zombie and kick them into the crowd but that doesn't kill them.

Edit: Nevermind. Forgot that you have to hit yb at the end of your standard combos. Silly that those aren't included in the combo list.

mozfan12

Banned
Was my most hyped game out of all the launch games and it lived up to my expectations. It's definitely not the best looking game but I still feel this could not be done on the old gen systems. I love that they've taken out some of the archaic systems like only combining weapons at safe houses. Still need to play more but at the moment I'm loving it.

Sorry if this has been been answered before, but does the DR3 patch fix framerate issues?

I'd say it's a steady 30 more often than not. Definitely drops at times if you run into a crowd in the hundreds and start swinging but certainly improved over the build DF previewed that caused all that thread madness.

Chobel

I'd say it's a steady 30 more often than not. Definitely drops at times if you run into a crowd in the hundreds and start swinging but certainly improved over the build DF previewed that caused all that thread madness.

Thank you, this exactly what I wanted to know.

Outside of this game not looking super great it's the most fun i had in a while. I still like the mall setting from DR1 the best but its ok. Do wish the game was a little brighter though.

The Goat

Played a good bit today. Beat the first 2 psychos. Man, this game is just pure fun. I played the previous games, but they never quite clicked, but this one, this one definitely does. Combat feels a lot better, though still clunky at times. It's definitely not the best looking game, but what's there works for what is needed, a shit ton of zombies on screen.

Next-gen has done what I was looking for. A renewed interest in console gaming. It's good to back on the couch :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I feel dumb, but how do you get into the graveyard? It seems blocked from all angles I've tried to approach it.

I can't figure those out, either. I go right to where the spot shows on the map and it keeps telling me there's one there, but I don't see anything after looking all around. I've seen 2 like that and just gave up after wasting so much time

I can't figure those out, either. I go right to where the spot shows on the map and it keeps telling me there's one there, but I don't see anything after looking all around. I've seen 2 like that and just gave up after wasting so much time

In my experience, they're usually above your position, and require a little bit of platforming to reach them (for example, parking a van nearby and using it to reach higher ground)

Chairhome

I love this game. DR1 is the reason I got a 360. Playing in nightmare mode straight off, I've always loved the challenge the save system brought. I actually died at a psycho and lost about 30 min of progress and I'm not even that upset.

I think the added voice mechanic against the Psychos makes the game a bit easier, but I'm exploiting it! Maybe on another run I'll avoid using it.

Mask

Any chance this beeing a temp exclusive and after a while being released on ps4?

Nope, however, it is possible that Capcom might release a Frank West version that is multiplatform, still a maybe though, MS might have locked all future versions to them too.

Nutter

Game is still kicking me out once I get to rhondas garage. Erased my save to no avail.

How do I erase install?

Games & Apps > Press Menu on the DR3 icon > Delete/uninstall title.

The same was happening to me and Fifa earlier, until it finally downloaded the patch and then connected to the EA servers. I wonder if your patch isn't finished.

derFeef

Anyone got Smartglass companion app to work with this? It does not do anything for me...

Where the hell is the survivor notice board? I can't find it. I want to stop Ravi following me.

You can find those in the safe house. It's weird that you can't tell them to just leave...

Top Bottom