• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 |OT| Welcome to the After Party

derFeef

Btw. Story mode is really easy, might go with Nightmare after my first playthrough - can you carry your Story mode nick over?

Anyone got Smartglass companion app to work with this? It does not do anything for me...

Yep, works flawlessly on both my Lumia and Galaxy Tab.

Haven't had a chance to play today, been busy with other stuff but boy the itch is pretty damn strong. Will be playing for the next few hours I think...

pixlexic

Banned
I got this game on accident.. I had no interest in it but its actually a very good game. It took away almost everything I hated about the first 2 games,

derFeef

Yep, works flawlessly on both my Lumia and Galaxy Tab.

Haven't had a chance to play today, been busy with other stuff but boy the itch is pretty damn strong. Will be playing for the next few hours I think...

Hmm weird, those locked boxes are smartglass specific no? Do you start the companion app before you start the game? I just have the home button and the logo, seems frozen.

Hmm weird, those locked boxes are smartglass specific no? Do you start the companion app before you start the game? I just have the home button and the logo, seems frozen.

Yep, pretty sure you get the codes through smartglass.

I usually start it after the game has finished loading and it loads straight into the menu. maybe try to re-sync smartglass with the XB1?

So GAF, EDGE said that the day one patch will lock the game to a steady 30 fps. Can anyone confirm?

It's pretty stable, but I noticed some slight dips last night when driving through the hordes on the bridge. (in fairness, the hordes were massive and ploughing through them in a car at high speed was always going to cause some issues.)

Haven't noticed any texture pop in issues yet either.

It's pretty stable, but I noticed some slight dips last night when driving through the hordes on the bridge. (in fairness, the hordes were massive and ploughing through them in a car at high speed was always going to cause some issues.)

Haven't noticed any texture pop in issues yet either.

Wow...that´s great news, thanks! Gonna get the game tomorrow..can´t wait.

derFeef

I have seen textures stream in a few times, like road or grass, which looks weird. And there is one area where the framerate is constantly worse than anywhere else. Other than that it's okay.

Wow...that´s great news, thanks! Gonna get the game tomorrow..can´t wait.

I should point out I'm not very sensitive to frame-rate drops, etc. I know some people are very sensitive to them, so it might be that the frame-rate isn't solid, I'm just not as sensitive to those drops/issues.

I have seen textures stream in a few times, like road or grass, which looks weird. And there is one area where the framerate is constantly worse than anywhere else. Other than that it's okay.

Which area?

Just had to restart nightmare mode, don't forget about the daily timer people who are playing on that difficulty and doing sidequests! It goes down really fast.

In my experience, they're usually above your position, and require a little bit of platforming to reach them (for example, parking a van nearby and using it to reach higher ground)

That was going to be my last resort. It's so hard to look around when you have hundreds of zombies tapping you on the shoulder saying, Hi, good sir, may I eat your brains?" haha

Derfeef, Miles Quaritch...I've failed you. I still have not started this game yet! Hoping to get to it later today. Tell me you both love it!?

Derfeef, Miles Quaritch...I've failed you. I still have not started this game yet! Hoping to get to it later today. Tell me you both love it!?

Yep, I'm madly in love with it. Everything about it just amazing. I'm currently on my first, standard playthrough and while I do miss the urgency the timer brought to the gameplay, there's still moments where it rears it head with side missions.

Smartglass is pretty damn great too. Fantastic use of the second screen.

Yep, I'm madly in love with it. Everything about it just amazing. I'm currently on my first, standard playthrough and while I do miss the urgency the timer brought to the gameplay, there's still moments where it rears it head with side missions.

Smartglass is pretty damn great too. Fantastic use of the second screen.

Awesome. My Samsung galaxy 2 say it isn't supported in the app store so I sadly can't use that.
This game is pretty great yeah :)
Awesome to hear! Thank you both.

derFeef

Miles since the companion app on my phone does not work I wanted to give it a shot on my galaxy tab - I can't even find it there? All I have is the DR3 store with it's addons.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This game is insane, but even after patch the framerate still isn't 30 fps locked. Don't know where that came from.

Why doesn't the map list what stores are? I need to find a chainsaw to give to Ravi, for example. How am I going to get one to give him?

Miles since the companion app on my phone does not work I wanted to give it a shot on my galaxy tab - I can't even find it there? All I have is the DR3 store with it's addons.

Start DR3, once it's loaded (in game), start smartglass and there should be an option at the bottom of the screen to start the DR3 companion app. That's what I've been using so far and it loads without issue.

This game is insane, but even after patch the framerate still isn't 30 fps locked. Don't know where that came from.

Why doesn't the map list what stores are? I need to find a chainsaw to give to Ravi, for example. How am I going to get one to give him?

You have to tag them on the map. If you find a chainsaw, tag its location and you can look up where it is at any time. (although you will rarely use this as once you pick up an item, it's available from your locker at any time and in unlimited quantities)

Grisby

Xbox One purchase justi-freaking-fied.

Played about an hour and had a blast. It's so smooth. I played DR2 about a month or two ago and the engine upgrade is massive.

When you get to the tail end of that street and you swing the camera back around. So many zombies. So many. I spent most of that hour just killing things here and in the town proper.

Couple short things though:
-gonna have to turn the brightness up when I get back on, pretty dark.
-having to find and unlock blueprints in order to use them is a little eeeehhh. Being able to do it on the fly is yyyyyyaaaaa.
-I guess I spent too much time killing undead in that tutorial area because I lost some dude named Duncan. Welp.

So many zombies.

It's really, really silly that you can't have a mustache and glasses on at the same time. Make glasses/facial head a separate category please Capcom!

And on Nightmare the bomb timer ticks down constantly just while you're roaming.

Timu

Loving the look of this game at night.
7b9da539_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-2416-23-40-545.png

90b9b346_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-2416-25-19-308.png

81e268ce_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-2416-26-04-301.png

25b779b5_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-2416-29-54-817.png

derFeef

One complaint I have is that so much stuff seems to be upstairs or on the roofs and it's not always clear where to get to that from. Sometimes it's from an other bulding entirely.

One complaint I have is that so much stuff seems to be upstairs or on the roofs and it's not always clear where to get to that from. Sometimes it's from an other bulding entirely.

Yeah, there's a lot more verticality/platforming in this compared to previous titles. I like it, but it can be a little frustrating, especially in the more built up areas where it can take some time to figure out how to get up there.

Did you manage to get the app working?

derFeef

Works on the phone now but I can't find it on the tablet, oh well.
I play with headphones so the calling stuff is a little bit counter-productive ;)

It's linked to progression. If you decided to mess around for hours on end and not do a single campaign mission, the timer won't run down as it did in previous games. (this is on standard, haven't touched nightmare yet)
I'm pretty sure the timer is still going down. I'm using the companion app and I can see it slowly counting down

abracadaver

My biggest complaint is that the game is way too easy. Im on day 5 now and Ive only died once (because I didnt get out of my burning car)
When you reach level 50 you must basically be invincible. Health fully regenerates, cars dont take damage, use all books at the same time, unlimited stamina, way more damage and ammo etc. Im guessing playing in coop makes it a lot easier as well.

Whats different in nightmare mode ?

My biggest complaint is that the game is way too easy. Im on day 5 now and Ive only died once (because I didnt get out of my burning car)
When you reach level 50 you must basically be invincible. Health fully regenerates, cars dont take damage, use all books at the same time, unlimited stamina, way more damage and ammo etc. Im guessing playing in coop makes it a lot easier as well.

Whats different in nightmare mode ?

Zombies are more deadly, you lose checkpoints/save anywhere and of course there's the timer. I can't imagine many people getting to level 50 before their nightmare play-through unless they make a concious effort to grind for a few hours....

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Start DR3, once it's loaded (in game), start smartglass and there should be an option at the bottom of the screen to start the DR3 companion app. That's what I've been using so far and it loads without issue.

You have to tag them on the map. If you find a chainsaw, tag its location and you can look up where it is at any time. (although you will rarely use this as once you pick up an item, it's available from your locker at any time and in unlimited quantities)
yeah but right now I need a chainsaw. Where can I find one? Just wander around looking? If it were DR1, for example, I'd look for HARDWARE STORE on the map or something.

Top Bottom