• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 is one of the best sequels of all time

I played through the entire trilogy a while back, and this one holds up so well. Definitely one of my favorite games out of the 360 era, although it is a shame that this one was released around the time EA did not care about the PC market. So the PC version is missing the DLC, the prequel game and some of the in-game side-content. They did include some of the alternative suits, once people found them in the game files, and some stuff can be restored through mods, but still it's a barebones port.

Which is why I was excited to see Motive remake this one as well, but so far it does not seem like it will happen.

ZehDon

You didnt like the Dead Space Remake?
It fixed pretty much everything that was wrong with OG Dead Space and made me super excited for a Dead Space 2 Remake and complete retelling of Dead Space 3.
Oh, I thought the remake was good - but the narrative elements all felt like a step down from the original, which leaves the game in an odd spot for me. I don't even mind Issac taking in the DS1 Remake, but the dialogue and performances from the rest of the cast just aren't as solid as the original in my opinion. Mercer and Hammond in particular just didn't land for me, which is a problem given their roles. You're not gonna improve on my boy Peter Mensah, but they tried anyway, and failed pretty badly in my opinion.

Last edited:

Edder1

The most impressive thing about it is how well it has preserved. To this day the visuals still hold up and gameplay is better or as good as anything out there today. For me the biggest letdown was how heavy action focused it becomes in the last quarter of the game. If the game was more survival horror like the first game then it would have been the best survival horror ever made, but even as it is it's still one of the best games out there.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
For me Dead Space 2 wasn't anywhere near as good as the first one.

The original I felt had a much better mix of scares. I felt the second one tried too hard at times.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Oh, I thought the remake was good - but the narrative elements all felt like a step down from the original, which leaves the game in an odd spot for me. I don't even mind Issac taking in the DS1 Remake, but the dialogue and performances from the rest of the cast just aren't as solid as the original in my opinion. Mercer and Hammond in particular just didn't land for me, which is a problem given their roles. You're not gonna improve on my boy Peter Mensah, but they tried anyway, and failed pretty badly in my opinion.

I see.
Okay.....I feel ya.
Dead Space OG and Dead Space 2, were like some of my favorite hidden gem games of X360 generation, cuz alot of my IRL friends never even knew about them....weird considering the marketing push Dead Space had.
But yeah I get what you are saying.....I would hate to have only experienced Dead Space R, without knowing Dead Space OG.

Werent some of the performances changed because the actors are either dead out right or too old to rerecord this shit?

Top Bottom