• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadspin: How ESPN Ditched Journalism And Followed Skip Bayless... A Tim Tebow Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mully

I remember reading they basically forced Syracuse to the ACC. They were in contract negotiations with Syracuse, if they joined the ACC they'd get more money than if they stayed in the Big East.

Anyone watching First Take? Skip is really losing it. He's accusing Stephen of having a personal issue with him (Skip) that's causing him to be so critical of Tebow. He's tried to bring up that Stephen may be upset that Tebow has been given a shot when black QB's haven't. The discussion literally went on for 25 minutes.

Skip has also just announced that he's starting a Free Tebow campaign and wants Tebow supporters to help get a twitter message 2,000 retweets. He wants to help get Tebow out of New York. I'm not joking.

scoobs

Anyone watching First Take? Skip is really losing it. He's accusing Stephen of having a personal issue with him (Skip) that's causing him to be so critical of Tebow. He's tried to bring up that Stephen may be upset that Tebow has been given a shot when black QB's haven't. The discussion literally went on for 25 minutes.

Skip has also just announced that he's starting a Free Tebow campaign and wants Tebow supporters to help get a twitter message 2,000 retweets. He wants to help get Tebow out of New York. I'm not joking.

Publicity stunts are so transparent sometimes. I wonder if they discussed this idea before the show!?!? Gee, they might have. I hate ESPN

Credo

So glad I dropped that show almost 2 years ago. I turned it on once a few weeks ago, and it was laughably terrible. It seems like it's only gotten worse.

Ducarmel

Free Tebow yes please, hopefully to a bad team so he can stink it up and we can be done with him in the NFL.

Steven A likes to bring the black athlete angle a lot but his argument really is if he sucks at practice why should he have a chance to play when other QB like him would not get that chance.

Bread

Banned
i dont understand how and why people choose to subject themselves to the opinions of skip bayless

hes not entertaining, and his way of playing devil's advocate boils down to "im right because i say so"

I bet he can.

d48977d8917723783dcc5acd6df9cd37_large.gif

GRIP

They also downplayed the Roethlisberger rape case.

That's one instance in which I think ESPN actually took appropriate actions. Roethlisberger was never even charged with a crime, and they didn't report it like he had. They still had plenty of commentary about the situation, though. They just didn't take it upon themselves to convict him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom