• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Oh look a new page

250px-Rose_McGowan_as_Paige.jpg

The fuck is this bullshit?

-- The mood backstage at the TLC PPV was said to be very positive, with everyone loving the new Barclay's Arena. Vince McMahon and Triple H were in a great mood at the show, praising everybody's work.

Alucard

Banned
I've been a part-time Raw watcher for over 2 months now and it's been a good move. When I read the results and reviews afterwards, I generally feel thankful that I didn't waste my time. I still peek in from time to time, like last night, but every time I do, I'm reminded why I don't watch regularly. It's just...yikes. It especially pales in comparison when I've been watching Dragon Gate, Ring of Honor, and PWG DVDs lately.

bangai-o

Banned
Anyone else not watching Raw for the forseeable future after last night's weak PPV follow-up? I need some bitter comrades.

I just wonder if the Ric Flair segment was really botched and was supposed to be the closing segment, and so they ended up having to write a new one on the fly.

also

"WHERES MARK HENRY!"

"... he still across town... here you talk to him. *hands Vince the phone*"

"*somebody gonna get they wig split*"

"Mark

can you hear me Mark?

MARK!

DAMMIT WHO DO WE HAVE!"

the show was just goofy. so I liked it.

I've been a part-time Raw watcher for over 2 months now and it's been a good move. When I read the results and reviews afterwards, I generally feel thankful that I didn't waste my time. I still peek in from time to time, like last night, but every time I do, I'm reminded why I don't watch regularly. It's just...yikes. It especially pales in comparison when I've been watching Dragon Gate, Ring of Honor, and PWG DVDs lately.

snore. i hope Dragon Gate and PWG are not as boring, otherwise ill stick with WWE.

Hoarr

Neo Member
tumblr_mf7pna7QwM1qzx70zo1_500.png

Question: is this rumor true?

In 1988, the WWF asked fans to send in get well postcards for The British Bulldog's pooch, Matilda, only to compile a mailing list from the cards for an upcoming World Wrestling Federation merchandise catalog.

Also, here's a terrible photo of Shawn Michaels looking like a complete doofus:

tumblr_mf5rl69atQ1qzx70zo1_500.png

Best WWE Star Daniel Bryan
Best Non-WWE International Star The Mysterious and Handsome Stranger
Best Female Wrestler Beth Phoenix
Best Tag Team Rhodes Scholars
Best on the Mic CM Punk
Best Comeback Paul Heyman's heart attack and miraculous recovery
Best Gimmick Damien Sandow
Most Improved AJ Lee
Fall From Grace Randy Orton (YAY)
Angle of the Year AJ Lee for Rise Above Brine and Then Everyone Else Too
Worst Angle of the Year John Laurinaitis on TV
WWE Match of the Year Raw 6-man tag dark match the night after Wrestlemania (Sheamus/Orton/Show vs. D. Brine/Cody/Kane)
Non-WWE International Match of the Year Back of Sting's Head vs. Chair
Best Feud D. Brine and Kane
Best PPV Royal Rumble
Worst PPV Elimination Chamber
Worst On-Screen Performer of the Year John Laurinaitis
Most Underutilized Performer Zack Ryder
Worst Moment That Made You Feel Wahjah Charlie Sheen
Best Wrestling Theme Music Dolph Ziggler
Worst Wrestling Theme Music Wade Barrett
Best GIF of the Year
barthardy.gif

somedevil

Anyone else not watching Raw for the forseeable future after last night's weak PPV follow-up? I need some bitter comrades.

Nope, it wasn't a great show but I don't let it get to me like some people here and sorry to say the Raw did a 2.90 rating. The highest rating since October 29.

Watching last week's NXT and it's the first episode from the recent taping. I like how Jinder Mahal is suddenly in his 3MB attire, but there's no reference at all to Rollins being in The Shield.

Would the Shield have debuted at the time that episode was filmed?

I thought the shows from the most recent tapings were a week or two away

Kaladin

Mike Johnson of pwinsider reviewed Nigel McGuinness's documentary The Last of McGuinness......it's a long review, but to sum it up:

"As you can imagine, I have seen just about every documentary in and around pro wrestling that I can get my hands on and to me, this was in the top 1% in terms of quality films, just based on the raw emotion that comes with working that final tour."

Spoilers in the full review.

Link: http://www.pwinsider.com/article/74...t-the-last-of-mcguinness-documentary.html?p=1

You want to see this.

http://www.nigelwrestling.com/merchandise.htm

Alucard

Banned
I just wonder if the Ric Flair segment was really botched and was supposed to be the closing segment, and so they ended up having to write a new one on the fly.

also

"WHERES MARK HENRY!"

"... he still across town... here you talk to him. *hands Vince the phone*"

"*somebody gonna get they wig split*"

"Mark

can you hear me Mark?

MARK!

DAMMIT WHO DO WE HAVE!"

the show was just goofy. so I liked it.

snore. i hope Dragon Gate and PWG are not as boring, otherwise ill stick with WWE.

Dragon Gate is my favourite promotion by a mile. Great wrestlers, great matches, the best tag team wrestling in the world, good stables, and good stories.

Entropia

No One Remembers
What time is wrasslin on tonight guys?

Also, I completely forgot, though it's not a GIF... Del Rio's disgusted face from when he was in a wheelchair.

Kaladin

If I watch Smackdown tonight, it will be the first time I have seen Smackdown since the week after Wrestlemania.....should I break the streak?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Eh...

WWE Late Night Smackdown-Live
Wednesday 1am Record

Josh Mathews and JBL present SuperSmackdown live. The Miz speaks to Dolph Ziggler and AJ Lee following their actions at WWE TLC on Sunday and the following evening on Raw.

Definitely sand-bagging there by Sheamus (you can tell because Sheamus' hands are just dangling in the air instead of on Cesaro's thighs/back to help push off). The back probably asked him to do it to test Cesaro's reaction like Tensai did with Ryback. Cesaro is such a beast he still did the move.

Raw64life

Best WWE Wrestler - CM Punk
Best Female Wrestler - Eve
Best Tag Team - Team Hell No
Best on the Mic - CM Punk
Best Comeback - Ryback
Best Gimmick - Damien Sandow
Most Improved - Ryback
Fall From Grace - Jack Swagger
Best Newcomer - Antonio Cesaro
Angle of the Year - The Shield
Worst Angle of the Year - Claire Lynch
WWE Match of the Year - CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan @ Over the Limit
Best Feud - Sheamus vs. Big Show
Best PPV - TLC
Worst PPV - Some TNA PPV I forget what it was called
Worst On-Screen Performer of the Year - Claire Lynch
Most Underutilized Performer - Zack Ryder
Worst Moment That Made You Feel Wahjah - Hornswoggle is the Anonymous GM
Best Wrestling Theme Music - Ryback
Worst Wrestling Theme Music - Wade Barrett
Best GIF of the Year -
iwBx13HX5ikUV.gif
- Best one I can think of that hasn't been posted on the last few pages.

Ithil

Definitely sand-bagging there by Sheamus. The back probably asked him to do it to test Cesaro's reaction like Tensai did with Ryback. Cesaro is such a beast he still did the move.

Deadlifting is how that move is always done, you can clearly see Sheamus helping with the throw part of the move.

The deadlift is what makes that move impressive.

I love deadlift moves, they always look awesome - also, when Cesaro does it it's extra impressive because he isn't super stocky like guys that normally do deadlift moves such as Daisuke Sekimoto;

i98f4ddjl5v8X.gif

My favourite one at the moment has to be Michael Elgin deadlift suplexing his opponent into the ring;

ihz6mUcAqZ2Fy.gif

Eh...

WWE Late Night Smackdown-Live
Wednesday 1am Record

Josh Mathews and JBL present SuperSmackdown live. The Miz speaks to Dolph Ziggler and AJ Lee following their actions at WWE TLC on Sunday and the following evening on Raw.
I guess the Big E. Langston era began and ended in the same night.

Goodbye steroid Nick Van Exel.

Ozone

Would the Shield have debuted at the time that episode was filmed?

I thought the shows from the most recent tapings were a week or two away
This was the first show from the new tapings. Two weeks ago Jinder was still in his old gimmick and they still had the pink middle rope. Last week Jinder was in his 3MB gimmick, the rope was back to normal and Big Show accepted Bo Dallas' open challenge for this week.

Top Bottom