• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Pikma

Banned
Can someone make a list of top 5-10 matches of 2016 ? 2016 was the year where I missed out on a lot of wrestling. I think the top matches for me were Aj Styles vs John Cena, AJ styles vs Roman Reigns from the PPV after wrestlemania, the three team ladder match from ROH that Young Bucks won, Colt Cabana vs Dalton Castle from Final Battle.... You guys have any other matches that need to be seen?
The Revival vs DIY from TakeOver Toronto is a fucking classic.

shanafan

Can someone make a list of top 5-10 matches of 2016 ? 2016 was the year where I missed out on a lot of wrestling. I think the top matches for me were Aj Styles vs John Cena, AJ styles vs Roman Reigns from the PPV after wrestlemania, the three team ladder match from ROH that Young Bucks won, Colt Cabana vs Dalton Castle from Final Battle.... You guys have any other matches that need to be seen?

Watch Owens vs Ambrose from Royal Rumble 2016.

Ishii vs Okada G1 Climax 26
Naito vs Omega G1 Climax 26
Omega vs Tanahashi New Beginning 2016
Omega vs Elgin ladder match
Tanahashi vs Ishii G1 Climax 26
AJ vs Nak Wrestlekingdom 10
Nak vs Zayn Takeover:Toronto
Zayn vs Owens Battleground?
Any Revival match from any Takeover this year

Wish I had any LU on this list, but oh well. :/ Just watch Pentagon vs Vampiro from 2014.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko2wNEo4k60
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_31g1QCwN0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwnBPZdo4zY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aANC4wg1z8k

Any Scurll vs Ospreay match, but probably the RevPro January one
Ospreay vs Ricochet, if only for the rage it sparked
Chris Hero vs Ishii from RevPro Global Wars N1
I hear Hero vs Shibata from RevPro Global Wars N2 was even better
Riddle vs Ospreay from PROGRESS
Scurll vs Hero from PROGRESS also got rave reviews

EDIT: Oh yeah, Ospreay vs KUSHIDA as well

To add what others have said:

Tomohiro Ishii vs Katsuyori Shibata WK10
Kyle O'Reilly vs KUSHIDA BOSJ
Will Ospreay v Ryusuke Taguchi BOSJ Final
Kota Ibushi v Cedric Alexander CWC
Sami Zayn v Kevin Owens v Cesaro v The Miz Extreme Rules
Johnny Gargano v Tamasso Ciampa CWC
Gran Metalik v TJ Perkins CWC Final

A Christmas episode of WWE programming that was good and continued story advancement instead of just taking the week off? Smackdown continues to surprise me!

Also orchestrated John Cena theme was something special, he should use it when he wins that 16th title at WM.

Meiko Satomura vs. Aja Kong, Sendai Girls, April 8, 2016
Kengo Mashimo vs. Kento Miyahara, AJPW Champion Carnival Day One, April 9, 2016
Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa, WWE Cruiserweight Classic Episode 5, August 10, 2016
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Will Ospreay, PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2016 Night 3, September 4, 2016
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Kazuchika Okada, NJPW G1 Climax Night 13, August 21, 2016
Shuji Ishikawa vs. Hideyoshi Kamitani, BJW Ikkitousen Strong Climb 2016, April 10, 2016
Kamaitachi vs. Dragon Lee, NJPW Fantasticamania, January 24, 2016
Pentagon Jr. & Fenix vs. Heroes Eventually Die (Tommy End & Chris Hero), PWG Battle of Los Angeles Night 2, September 3, 2016
Kento Miyhara vs. Daisuke Sekimoto, AJPW Super Power Series 2016 Day 4, May 25, 2016
Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi) vs. Twin Towers (Kohei Sato & Shuji Ishikawa), BJW Saikyou Tag League 2016 Night 11, October 31, 2016

Recall

Watching the Authentic Untold Story of ECW on the Network and not only is it awesome to see Taz again but the emotion and anger that man displays is godly.

If we get a spot next week where AJ goes for the Phenomenal Forearm but gets caught in the End of Days.

QONVIyz.gif

foltzie1

Watching the Authentic Untold Story of ECW on the Network and not only is it awesome to see Taz again but the emotion and anger that man displays is godly.

I knew the guys helped a lot with ECW but I didn't know that Bubba Ray booked venues.

Paul talks about how if he did one thing different it would have been to hire a marketing/ad sales guy.

I would have suggested two more things, open a line of credit against due profits and hire a dedicated business manager.

ECW really was impressive for what it was. ROH, LU, and TNA are their own things now, but nothing quite fits the ECW mold.

Zach

Real talk - that ref should have gotten sued for that. At that point he was pretty much attempting to disfigure a man who was borderline unconscious, which is well beyond simply depending himself and the wrestlers.

Psshhh. Don't enter the Pee Wee Zone if you can't handle his brand of justice.

Sephzilla

At the point where he's picking up the kids limp body and trying to fucking twist his face and/or strangle him is pretty excessive since security was already right there.

Zach

I don't see him looking at security. I see him looking at the threat, and neutralizing it, because he's a dangerous, dangerous man, Sephzilla.

Zach

I've seen wrestlers do worse to fans that jump the rails

Don't jump rails at shows.

Right. You're not part of the show. If you hop the rail, no one knows what you're going to do (at best, you're just some rude Gus) so expect a beatin'. You make that deal when you jump into the ring, in my opinion, Sephzilla.

At the point where he's picking up the kids limp body and trying to fucking twist his face and/or strangle him is pretty excessive since security was already right there.

You don't take chances when some crazy person jumps the rail and gets in the ring. You don't know what the fuck is going to happen.

VKF are entirely a parody promotion, iirc. Also, he's not meant to be Bone Soldier, the costume just happens to be equally as terrible as Bone Soldier's - he plays a different character each show, I believe. And the dude playing Tama is Konoka Pehlwan, the greatest yoga master/indie sleazebag in wrestling. Probably the only one, tbh, but sod it.

Top Bottom