• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Zach

I was gonna post the results of my faux awards, but there are some ties to be broken (including a three-way tie for Worst Gimmick and FIVE-way tie for Most Overrated).

It's time for

E3dzxKr.png

https://goo.gl/forms/NykkWhv85p8VfE6x2

So whose side are you on??

Menome

I was gonna post the results of my faux awards, but there are some ties to be broken (including a three-way tie for Worst Gimmick and FIVE-way tie for Most Overrated).

So whose side are you on??

I didn't even realise these existed. I've cast my votes.

Zach

Honestly, how you gonna book racism to win? I mean, I think one of the excuses I've heard is Triple H needed to work with an incoming Goldberg? Maybe have Triple H take a walk then, Booker wins by countout. Unsatisfying, sure. But at least the dude wins. Jesus!

Anyway...

Zach

Hogan vs. McMahon in a street fight. In 2003. Just hilarious.

Vince with the leg drop from the ladder through the table... >_>

Out-of-shape Piper with the interference!

What a stupid match . . . Not bad!

Moodmon

Neo Member
As good as it is seeing wrestling on TV again, I have one issue. Who watches WWE and decides of all the things to copy, the fast camera cuts and frequent camera cuts to crowd?

JR is great on this so far though.

Hasney

Authority figure is better than Steph but that's the nicest thing I can say, nice backstage segment overall though.

Some sort of MITB match next which should be fun.

Aside from taking too many cues from WWE with regards to cameras, this hasn't been bad so far. They were smart to set up an angle at the start of the show at least.

Hasney

Aside from taking too many cues from WWE with regards to cameras, this hasn't been bad so far. They were smart to set up an angle at the start of the show at least.

Yeah, considering it might not be back, it's like squeezing a whole angle into one show.

As good as it is seeing wrestling on TV again, I have one issue. Who watches WWE and decides of all the things to copy, the fast camera cuts and frequent camera cuts to crowd?

JR is great on this so far though.

ITV. They do it on all their shitty shows so it's not just wrasslin.

For those who can't hear:

Goldberg/Br*ck, Shaq/Show, Seth/Fuck HHH all happening for sure.
Cena/Taker up in the air, either Cena or Reigns there. If Reigns isn't there, he's facing BRAUNNNNN. If Cena's there, he wins the belt at the Rumble
Guessing Owens/Jericho blowoff

Bah. So Cena gets his win back over AJ. Can't we have AJ being the final winner of that feud?

And where does this leave AJ. He's been doing great all year and needs a main event match. I want to see AJ/Taker over all else, but I know Cena/Taker makes a lot of sense and would get the crowd going.

Still, it seems lame that Cena gets to add another bullet point to his career when someone like AJ has been working all year AND getting incredible crowd reactions. He can definitely bill Wrestlemania against someone like Taker.

Orton/AJ would be great too, as I love Orton since being on Smackdown but I wouldn't know how he would fit into it considering his Wyatt arch. Seems Orton/Wyatt is penciled in for that, though I'd actually rather see Harper/Orton.

0% chance of AJ/HBK, right? Lol

Tall4Life

Cena/Taker up in the air, either Cena or Reigns there. If Reigns isn't there, he's facing BRAUNNNNN. If Cena's there, he wins the belt at the Rumble

Most of that stuff is just speculation from Meltzer, not actual rumoring, just an FYI

It's a pilot episode, it's not gonna be groundbreaking so it makes sense it'd copy what's popular. Hopefully if it gets a longer run it creates it's own feel.

Barrage

Feel bad for Styles. Feel like the highest profile match he could have then would be against Orton.

Wonder where that leaves the Universal title...would they really keep it on Owens til WM? Jericho winning it would be kinda cool actually.

Or does Roman eventually get it, and they crown Strowman?

Bah. So Cena gets his win back over AJ. Can't we have AJ being the final winner of that feud?

And where does this leave AJ. He's been doing great all year and needs a main event match. I want to see AJ/Taker over all else, but I know Cena/Taker makes a lot of sense and would get the crowd going.

Still, it seems lame that Cena gets to add another bullet point to his career when someone like AJ has been working all year AND getting incredible crowd reactions. He can definitely bill Wrestlemania against someone like Taker.

Orton/AJ would be great too, as I love Orton since being on Smackdown but I wouldn't know how he would fit into it considering his Wyatt arch. Seems Orton/Wyatt is penciled in for that, though I'd actually rather see Harper/Orton.

0% chance of AJ/HBK, right? Lol

Cena and Reigns always get the last win. If they don't, expect it to be their last matches.

You still get to see Shawn! Promote his super-Christian movie on the Jan 9 Raw lol. Also Taker's going to be on that Raw too for some reason

Moodmon

Neo Member
Kid holding up a Johnny Saint sign, looking at the back like "I have no idea who this guy is."

I like how it is pitched perfectly for Saturday teatime viewing. All very family friendly fun. Whether it is any good or not I am not sure. I mean I'm waiting for the latest Progress show to drop, my bar is high.

Nothing actually wrong with this so far, other than a little too Saturday Night Family show for my personal taste. Not seen 3 of the guys in this match though, so let's see

Jamie OD

Curious to see how a ladder match is produced for this time of day. WWE's weapon shots have to be censored with camera cuts over here unless it's late at night.

Kid holding up a Johnny Saint sign, looking at the back like "I have no idea who this guy is."

I like how it is pitched perfectly for Saturday teatime viewing. All very family friendly fun. Whether it is any good or not I am not sure. I mean I'm waiting for the latest Progress show to drop, my bar is high.

Definitely, I could do without the staged crowd reactions and the foam hands. That's the issue with comp tickets though.

Can't help but feel that a 4 man ladder match should've been the way to kick off the show.

deli2000

I'd never thought i'd see a Money in the Bank match in a episode of World of Sport, but I guess it's for keeping the casual audience.

Also, hi WrassleGAF. I think it's the first time I've posted here.

Hasney

Aren't these wrestlers from different brands within UK though, this is just a special.

It's a pilot, it might be picked up into a full series and they would likely sign to show as exclusive TV deals, like the people under WWE UK deals can't appear on this show if it becomes a series.

I'd never thought i'd see a Money in the Bank match in a episode of World of Sport, but I guess it's for keeping the casual audience.

Also, hi WrassleGAF. I think it's the first time I've posted here.
Welcome friend
Aren't these wrestlers from different brands within UK though, this is just a special.

Everyone uses the same guys pretty much, contracts aren't really a thing over here (with the very recent exception of ITV and WWE)

Top Bottom