• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

sajj316

Tyler Breeze was always a horrible gimmick. Especially when WWE doesn't give them background or promo time to flesh out the gimmick. It's just bound to fail. All of these NXT gimmicks are obvious fails like Adam Rose, Tyler Breeze, Bo Dallas, etc.

Constant thing with all the gimmicks. No time to marinate the gimmick and have it go over ..

Then again .. Breeze is Dolph 2.0, who's HBK 0.25

Well, apart from the whole thing with HHH breaking up the Shield via Rollins, and generally being the typical asshole authority figure.

And he's been screwed twice in a row now.
You're not wrong, but on the scale of "character screwed over and at the apex of 'overcoming the odds'", this story is pathetically light. He's on a tear because 2 heels wrecked his TLC match. And that's really it. Prior to that, Triple H tried to gift him a title shot but he decided to work for it instead. And, hey, tonight, instead of being fired on the spot the CEO is giving him a damn title shot. What other Authority fighter has been treated that gingerly?

So is he the guy working for it? Or the guy getting screwed? They're just randomly picking elements from both sides and tossing them into a story blender and hoping something comes out that the audience likes.

I know Reigns was going to get the title eventually anyway but versus the Bryan story? There's no comparison. Wrasslin' can (and often should!) be cheesy as hell, but it at least needs to have some logic to itself.

Childhood's End is so good, holy shit

I didn't have faith in SyFy pulling off a decent adaptation of this, but about 1/3 done and yeah, they hit a home run

Barrage

This RAW is good, only ibe meaningless segment (LON vs swagger/ryback), everything else had a purpise or built a storyline.

radcliff

So has anyone guessed yet that Reigns doesn't win due to shenanigans, gets fired, but Triple H brings him back so he can get revenge?

So has anyone guessed yet that Reigns doesn't win due to shenanigans, gets fired, but Triple H brings him back so he can get revenge?
There's no other story ongoing week to week, though. Yeah it's happened before but there's nothing else going on. It'd be unusual to pull the rug out of the only show in town, especially with the current ratings. Now, if this were running up to Wrestlemania, I'd completely expect this. Not that I'd complain.

Barrage

Match is great, and the hardcore is giving the show a great change of pace. It's a shame Recap Queens will skim the results and judge the segment while not watching it,

Top Bottom