• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
I'm really surprised they haven't brought back Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday and had every match determined by the WWE App, which you can download by going to the Google Play Store or Apple Store. All you have to do is click the app, click install, and then you can never miss the action ever again!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Christy's like first year of WWE she was the hottest woman in all of wrestling. Like, the only woman I'd say even came close was Stephanie, and part of that hotness is for different reasons than most divas.

I could start posting Christy gifs, but I'd probably get banned. Her looks went completely downhill afterwards.

Quoting myself because it needs to be seen
So I've seen this match before, but the spear wasn't shown at this angle but in a video WWE uploaded of Goldberg spears, it's shown in a different angle and wow. I slowed it down a little.
O12nnc7.gif

The lights going off. Their bodies movement. This shit is borderline art.

Edge is the most over rated superstar in WWE history.

Pretty much. He's "good" at garbage matches, but that's about it. Hell, his 'hug', because that's all it really is quite the bad finisher and he was never as good as interviews as people thought he was.

On a side note, Christy Hemme is still stupid hot. Even if she is in TNA.

Alucard

Banned
Pretty much. He's "good" at garbage matches, but that's about it. Hell, his 'hug', because that's all it really is quite the bad finisher and he was never as good as interviews as people thought he was.

On a side note, Christy Hemme is still stupid hot. Even if she is in TNA.

Indeed.
169925_1.jpg

Just got back from RAW. You guys probably won't like it on TV, but the show was pretty great live. Especially since this was my first wrasslin/WWE live event.

Only bad thing was that Joker Sting was nowhere to be found. I'm sorry DM ;_;

Going to watch the first ep of "Orange iis the New Black", i hope it's good. I'm into the high quality shows like BB, GoT, Walking Dead, True Blood.

UberTag

I hate wrestling
No you don't.
You hate sports entertainment.
More specifically, you hate what Vince McMahon considers to be entertainment.
Why? Because like 99% of the people on this planet, you aren't entertained by it.
Beyond that, the dude constantly sabotages his own product due to petty, personal politics and "ribs".

Vylash

No you don't.
Why? Because like 99% of the people on this planet, you aren't entertained by it.
Beyond that, the dude constantly sabotages his own product due to petty, personal politics and "ribs".

Remember when Henry was having that great heel run with the title but Vince sabotaged it and jobbed him out to Big Show multiple times? That was fun. Or when Big Show had that great heel run with the title but Vince sabotaged it because of petty contract shit? Even more fun

No you don't.

More people are probably watching the WWE than any wrestling promotion in the history of the planet. Everybody in this thread hated Cena-Rock II, but it drew the biggest gate in the history of wrestling.

Vince McMahon may only be a multimillionaire instead of a billionaire, but that still means he's the most successful wrestling promoter in history. There's a reason why he sells out stadiums and Ring of Honor has to air on 2AM on Saturday morning.

Because your average person prefers WWE-style sports entertainment over pure wrestling, no matter what we may want.

Remember when Henry was having that great heel run with the title but Vince sabotaged it and jobbed him out to Big Show multiple times? That was fun. Or when Big Show had that great heel run with the title but Vince sabotaged it because of petty contract shit? Even more fun

I don't remember the Big Show part, but Henry got the most sustained monster heel push in the WWE since probably Lesnar when he debuted. Yeah, in the end, he lost a few times to the babyface. Because that's what happens to heels. They lose to the hero. I mean, Jesus, if it was up to some of you guys, your personal favorites would never lose, and just continually beat Cena, Triple H, and whomever is the hated wrestler of the moment week after week.

UberTag

Because your average person prefers WWE-style sports entertainment over pure wrestling, no matter what we may want.
Actually I agree with you.
They prefer WWE-style sports entertainment over pure wrestling... WHEN it's done well.
The problem is that Vince would rather waste potential and book by the seat of his pants without any long-term planning to the detriment of his product.

So I agree with you. The problem is that what the WWE puts out as sports entertainment these days is a pale imitation of what it delivered during the Attitude era. And it's the nostalgia for that era and the mere glimpses of potential (because people kid themselves into believing an angle will actually deliver) that keeps them tuned in week after week.

That and the talent - there's some great performers working for that company even if they're being booked in aimless even-steven programs and given very little to work with.

The WWE concept is a winning concept. However, it succeeds today in spite of Vince NOT because of him.
And you're an idiot if you think the sole reason people bitch about the WWE is because "their favorites don't win all the time". That's bullshit.

Vylash

I don't remember the Big Show part, but Henry got the most sustained monster heel push in the WWE since probably Lesnar when he debuted. Yeah, in the end, he lost a few times to the babyface. Because that's what happens to heels. They lose to the hero. I mean, Jesus, if it was up to some of you guys, your personal favorites would never lose, and just continually beat Cena, Triple H, and whomever is the hated wrestler of the moment week after week.

Henry's title run was cut short because he got a small injury, not even a serious one where he couldn't work. Apparently they wanted to just have him work TV and PPV until he healed fully, but Vince got annoyed and cut his reign short

Top Bottom